You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sahin is naturally a holding midfielder. The Alonso to Bender's Mascherano. It's because of his mobility that he can join the attack.

It's ridiculous isn't it, he looked off the pace his first few games due to being seriously unfit and that's it now, he's labelled as having ' no pace ' and some people won't change their opinion no matter what.

You only have to watch our last couple of games he's played or look up a YouTube video and you can see his pace, or lack of, won't be causing us many problems.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's ridiculous isn't it, he looked off the pace his first few games due to being seriously unfit and that's it now, he's labelled as having ' no pace ' and some people won't change their opinion no matter what.

You only have to watch our last couple of games he's played or look up a YouTube video and you can see his pace, or lack of, won't be causing us many problems.

I think it comes from having actually watched him for a couple of years at full fitness. You're dead right though, IMO. He did have a game or two, after a year out, where he was well off match sharpness, but he's gaining it back every game. He's such an incredible player.

Jose, it depends on the game. He has played as the more attacking, but also with Shelvey or Gerrard as most attacking.

I think it comes from having actually watched him for a couple of years at full fitness. You're dead right though, IMO. He did have a game or two, after a year out, where he was well off match sharpness, but he's gaining it back every game. He's such an incredible player.

Jose, it depends on the game. He has played as the more attacking, but also with Shelvey or Gerrard as most attacking.

I guess the Arsenal game he was one of the deeper two? But the other two league games he's been the forward one. He has looked really slow compared to his Germany exploits, which was a bit surprising - and I think it's hampered his pressing and defensive game. Hopefully as he gets up to speed he'll get up to speed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think he's already doing that, don't you? He has been noticeably quicker lately. He was a bit overawed against Stoke I think, but we've seen that with other players too. It's not a team that likes to play football.

However, in some of his other games I think he's been really good. You're right though, there's still room to go. I said that when people were praising his performances. Not because I didn't agree with them, but because I know he can be even better.

Don't forget, though; we're a bit shabby as a team at the moment. We're playing some really good football, but we're still all at sea. Over time, we'll get stronger, get better players, and hopefully he'll be one of those who just becomes more and more important for us. 3 goals and 3 assists says he's doing okay.