You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Udinese at Anfield 4/10

JaminKibbler

I do wonder how many goals we'd concede if we started scoring more.

At the weekend we put 5 away but still shipped 2, so maybe we'd still be letting them in.

But tonight if we'd put even 1 more past them when we were dominating.

It surely would have allowed us to drop a bit deeper in the second half and try and stifle them.

Although it probably wouldn't make much difference in terms of set pieces to be fair.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell. 75% to 25%. Once we fix a few things, we're going to be a'right. More shots will go in for us and less shots will be conceded. We're going to be a'right.

I agree like, but where are those shots going to come from.

We'd need to put Suarez in bubblewrap for the rest of the season.

Guest ShoePiss
Fucking hell. 75% to 25%. Once we fix a few things, we're going to be a'right. More shots will go in for us and less shots will be conceded. We're going to be a'right.

Yeah and there's only two things we need to fix. Score more, concede less.

The 'problem' is we dont have a very good strike force and the more 'expansive' football we play is leaving us more exposed at the back.

I've no problem with Rodgers but, very well done Mr Henry, very well done!

Even if we had a top striker we'd still be conceding goals, the players are going to take a few months adapting to the system.

The problem is the players are not recycling the ball effectively, its due to a lack of experience of the system. Barcelona and Spain know how to use the ball, working it effectively across the pitch to tire and frustrate the other team, we need to improve in this area to help kill teams off.

I'd like to see Agger play the defensive midfield role with Coates and Skrtel in defence allowing Allen to move further forward with Gerrard bombing on, I think this would work until Lucas is fit and provide better protection.

Until we learn how to work the ball intelligently we'll continue to concede goals, the question is, will Gerrard fit into the system?

I think that will work; have always thought Agger could help us more as midfielder. Very good on the ball, good passer and can take shots at goal too. Does it need pointing this out to the coaches?

Even if we had a top striker we'd still be conceding goals, the players are going to take a few months adapting to the system.

Rodgers subs aren't helping either. He subbed off Sterling against manure and made johnson push up to provide the width. Bam counter-attack, dive, goal. Same today, Shelvey was way too erratic to allow Gerrard to play as free a role as he was.

A setback.

The EL is the most important competition we are in, due to Rodgers lack of Euro experience. Securing a CL spot is of little value if he is still finding his Euro bearings, an extended run can help to put that right.

I am delighted that Luis has stopped moaning and started scoring, he will find the decisions start to go his way now.

By no means is all lost, there is still much to play for, and we didn’t play badly and Jonjo continues to impress.

As usual, Johnson’s offensive skills were undermined by his defensive frailty.

Carra's imminent retirement is inevitable. His defending on the third goal was piss poor and he doesn't really contribute much to the team anymore. I'd rather see lads like Sama and Wisdom get a run alongside Coates in the Europa League than Carra who is quite clearly finished as a player. He makes too many simple mistakes and now he can't make those last ditch tackles like he used to.

Other than that we quite clearly were too complacent at half time after dominating in the first half and then we got a slap in the face through the brilliant goal by Di Natale. The own goal was a bit clumsy and Coates surely tried to head it for a corner. He'll learn from that and will know next time that the risk is just too high when you can clear the ball away from the box instead.

In my opinion we were unlucky not to get a point but still we played great and we'll probably have a few more of these games until the first team is set and the players get more used to the system. Still, the games are great to watch and we're making progress every week. I can't wait for the Stoke game. Yes, they are Stoke, but they aren't that good away from home and if we can get a good start I can see another big result.

A setback.

The EL is the most important competition we are in, due to Rodgers lack of Euro experience. Securing a CL spot is of little value if he is still finding his Euro bearings, an extended run can help to put that right.

I am delighted that Luis has stopped moaning and started scoring, he will find the decisions start to go his way now.

By no means is all lost, there is still much to play for, and we didn’t play badly and Jonjo continues to impress.

As usual, Johnson’s offensive skills were undermined by his defensive frailty.

This is obviously bollocks. The mistake Johnson made was a poor first touch. It was his offensive skills that let him down. As for the bit about securing a CL place being of little value, well that, again, is total bollocks.

Guest ShoePiss

"I am delighted that Luis has stopped moaning and started scoring, he will find the decisions start to go his way now."

Yeah that's it.

shut up xerox

A setback.

So it is better to get Europa League experience than it is to finish in the top 4?

It really isn't.

Also, I would suggest the manager doesn't agree with you given the team he fielded.

This is obviously bollocks. The mistake Johnson made was a poor first touch. It was his offensive skills that let him down. As for the bit about securing a CL place being of little value, well that, again, is total bollocks.

I have always said that Johnson is exposed defensively against the better sides- and was once again vindicated.

My point about the CL was that with Rodgers in his first ever season of Euro management, the longer the EL run, the more experience he will glean for , hopefully, our eventual return. Early EL exits do nothing to prime Rodgers for future CL campaigns. Thus, qualifying for the CL only to be knocked out because of Rodgers inexperience from truncated EL campaigns offers little value- a different point.

So it is better to get Europa League experience than it is to finish in the top 4?

It really isn't.

Also, I would suggest the manager doesn't agree with you given the team he fielded.

That was not what I said. And perhaps Rodgers does not anticipate a CL campaign any time soon.

"I am delighted that Luis has stopped moaning and started scoring, he will find the decisions start to go his way now."

Yeah that's it.

As a regular matchgoer home and away over many years I can make such judgements.

Thank you for the endorsement. I shall keep you informed- you need it.

xerxes - fuck off you centenery stand mizzer twat

didnt go the match tonight but im a kopite regular, anyway... heres my shout on tonights game....ot a grip of hn. joe allen is

i didnt feel shit coz we lost, in-fact i saw a lot of boss shit. shelvey 1st half was boss. they gerrard wasnt on and they nullified him. he will learn to handle that.

allen is boss. fucking boss. he wants the ball, he cleans up, he holds it well.... fucking hell he is born to wear that red shirt

the impact our 3 best players made..... 10 more minutes we would have won 5 3

coates. own goal? yeah.learning? fucking deffo.

fuck it, were havin a bit of bad luck but you cant be disheartened by the way were playing.it will come and if we keep improving then fucking hell, we have got a boss team on our hands.