You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

One match ban for Wilshere just like Suarez got a couple of years ago. What a joke. He probably got much worse abuse from the stands. In Norway players get minor fines for this and it is no big deal.

That would be because when it's a polar bear giving you shit, it's a bloody brave thing to do to give it back.

If Spurs can melt down completely that would leave just Everton (well, and United if you think that somehow Moyes can get that team on a 2 points/game pace for the rest of the season) as our only significant rival for that fourth spot.

So far it's looking very good for that to happen.  Add in another draw/loss for United to one of these upcoming home bankers and we suddenly look massive favourites for a CL spot.

If Spurs can melt down completely that would leave just Everton (well, and United if you think that somehow Moyes can get that team on a 2 points/game pace for the rest of the season) as our only significant rival for that fourth spot.

So far it's looking very good for that to happen.  Add in another draw/loss for United to one of these upcoming home bankers and we suddenly look massive favourites for a CL spot.

I still don't trust the Mancs not to go on a flukey shit run of wins.

Hopefully Everton drop off a bit.

Didn't Luis' finger to the Fulham fans come at full-time? Wilshire's was during the game and would have been a red if the ref saw it. 1 match for a redcard offence, another for the actual offence. 

Don't quote me on that though. Who knows when it comes to the FA and their crazy rules. 

I know it's Christmas and you had a good win last night Gus, but you really shouldn't talk to journalists while you're still pissed:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/19/sunderland-gus-poyet-season-break-school-holidays

Sunderland's Guy Poyet calls for season to fall in with school holidays

Gus Poyet has floated an ambitious proposal to synchronise the English football season with school holidays. Like many peers, Sunderland's manager is a firm advocate of a winter break but, ideally, the Uruguayan would take reform of the fixture calendar a radical step further.

"I would set up the Premier League to mirror the school calendar year so people working in football can have holidays with their kids," said Poyet. "Is that unfair? I would say we need to stop playing at the end of June and go on holiday in July so you can be with your kids.

"We would start playing again in September. Then you stop in December, take two or three weeks off and start again in January. It's good for the players because they can spend more proper time with their families. Now we spend Christmas and the summer holidays playing. We can never go on holiday with our kids. I'm not just talking about players, I'm talking about everybody in football. It would be nice because we would be part of the real world."

Poyet would pacify traditionalists by playing up until 26 December. "I agree with Boxing Day games," he said. "I'm a traditional person but from the 27th we should be off until the middle of January."

Sunderland's manager has offered to sit down and discuss his proposal with Premier League officials in the hope that they may at least agree a winter break.

"I want the players to relax and get away from football," he said. "For us at Sunderland from now until the end of January is going to be a nightmare. On coaching courses you are told to play, then analyse the game but we have so many fixtures we have no time. It's all bang, bang, bang but the players need a rest because it's so demanding, mentally as well as physically.

"It's important we realise at the end of this season there is a World Cup and you need English players to be in the best physical condition, but also mentally fit so we have to stop this craziness. When this season finishes players will be exhausted and just want to go on holiday but a two- or three-week winter break would have been fantastic."

I take it Gus hasn't thought about hslf term, easter holiday, , occasional dsys and teacher training days. We would hsve to cut the league to about 8-10 teams snd would still struggle to get the fixtures done.

Get bsck to school you little smelly bastards.

From The Oracle of all football knowledge:

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "We've had three wins and three clean sheets from the past three games so I'm really pleased. We are getting into our stride and that's exactly what I want. Putting runs together is normal at Manchester United.

"The players have done well [over the past three games], that's why we have a big squad. We need those extra players, it has been said that we have been short in areas but the players who have come in have done brilliantly well. Even bringing back [Darren] Fletcher has given everybody a lift.

"We need to get back to winning ways at home and starting putting those goals away. I have never found Old Trafford nervy, it's a brilliant place to be. It is the opposite of nervy in fact, the crowd is right behind the team."

By reading that, you'd have thought the macs had their last 3 games playing against Chelsea and Citeh away and Barca in the CL? Nope - Villa & Stoke, coupled with hosting the mighty Shaktar fucking Donetsk in the Champions League. Clutching and straws comes to mind.

I also had a quiet chuckle at "the crowd is right behind the team" bit - somebody should show that incompetent prick David you-don't-need-to-win-to-be-a-winner Moyes how Old Toilet looked like when they were losing against Newcastle a couple of weeks back.