You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Is Alan Hansen fucking high or something?

Rooney and Van Rapist are the best two strikers in the league? He was even reminded of Studge and Luis but dismissed them.

Mental.

He's well entitled to that opinion, but the odd thing was that he rated Suarez as the best player in the League. Savage, bizarrely, rated Rooney as the best player in the League, yet rated Suarez and Sturridge as the better partnership.

Nobody even cared to remind Jockey that the reason Rooney wanted out was because he was distinctly playing second fiddle to Van Persie last season and looked utterly, utterly wank for it. He then said "As a centre half, I'd rather face Suarez and Sturridge than Rooney and Van Persie", yet nobody asked him why! It was all just a weird bit of punditry.

For the record, I fucking love Hansen. One of our all time great players and a red to the core. I think, as a pundit, he's even received some unfair stick by association with Shearer and Lawrenson, but that was all just odd.

He's well entitled to that opinion, but the odd thing was that he rated Suarez as the best player in the League. Savage, bizarrely, rated Rooney as the best player in the League, yet rated Suarez and Sturridge as the better partnership.

Nobody even cared to remind Jockey that the reason Rooney wanted out was because he was distinctly playing second fiddle to Van Persie last season and looked utterly, utterly wank for it. He then said "As a centre half, I'd rather face Suarez and Sturridge than Rooney and Van Persie", yet nobody asked him why! It was all just a weird bit of punditry.

For the record, I fucking love Hansen. One of our all time great players and a red to the core. I think, as a pundit, he's even received some unfair stick by association with Shearer and Lawrenson, but that was all just odd.

I love him too but he's off his head on that one.

As a partnership Rooney and Van Persie are nowhere near as good (as you alluded to) and even individually, I think Suarez tops them both.

What made it even more odd was that Hansen pointed out that it can't be judged over 'the last 10 games', which pretty much contradicted his point totally. Rooney has been in decent form over the last few games but before that he was utterly shite. Meanwhile Suarez and Sturridge was amazing last year and have carried that form on into this one.

I think it was just a case of him backing himself into a corner I guess, I cant believe that he doesn't think Studge and Luis are the best partnership at the mo.

I love him too but he's off his head on that one.

As a partnership Rooney and Van Persie are nowhere near as good (as you alluded to) and even individually, I think Suarez tops them both.

What made it even more odd was that Hansen pointed out that it can't be judged over 'the last 10 games', which pretty much contradicted his point totally. Rooney has been in decent form over the last few games but before that he was utterly shite. Meanwhile Suarez and Sturridge was amazing last year and have carried that form on into this one.

I think it was just a case of him backing himself into a corner I guess, I cant believe that he doesn't think Studge and Luis are the best partnership at the mo.

Sometimes, mate, I think it's as simple as not wanting to appear biased. It wouldn't surprise me if when doing the prep for MOTD, Hansen and Savage sorted it out between themselves.

Like I mentioned, I think Hansen's a good red and his reaction when we won the UEFA Cup in 2001 when he was doing the coverage cements it, but it wouldn't surprise me if the big heads upstairs set the agenda on things and have a word before they go on air. As you said, what he was saying didn't sound natural.

• Upvote 1

The criticism of Hansen I put down to familiarity breeding contempt, hes been there for all the prem and will be missed as Andy gray is I would say.You associate them two to the prem as they have always being there talking about the big games.

I think sky was better with gray and Hansen used to be stalwart of motd.

Tonight nothing to get excited about, savage thought sas where a better combination while Hansen thinks the manc two are two better players.He went on to say if sas were still doing it at end if season he would reconsider his view, it is fair to say the manc two are more proven as they have been doing it for years.

• Downvote 1

Sometimes, mate, I think it's as simple as not wanting to appear biased. It wouldn't surprise me if when doing the prep for MOTD, Hansen and Savage sorted it out between themselves.

Like I mentioned, I think Hansen's a good red and his reaction when we won the UEFA Cup in 2001 when he was doing the coverage cements it, but it wouldn't surprise me if the big heads upstairs set the agenda on things and have a word before they go on air. As you said, what he was saying didn't sound natural.

What is this think hes a good red? I never saw him play for lfc but from seeing him on tv its clear he loves lfc he even said hes a massive fan on tonights show.

If there's any lfc fan thinks he doesn't I cant see why, yes he has criticised us when we have been bad but so has every other lfc fan.