You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

And that's that.

Trying (and failing) to understand FSG's logic here. Shall we go for a proven manager, who's been there, done it, won the Champions League but might argue the toss now and then?

Or shall we go after a fucking no mark who's done fuck all other than save Wigan from relegation year on year...but who comes across as a yes man who won't say fuck all when FSG tell him "Sorry you can only have a £10 million transfer budget...but we want Champions League football or else.

Given his lack of experience and frankly, a lack of "presence", I can just imagine the likes of Carra seeing his arse with Martinez on the training ground at some point, ending with Carra saying something along the lines of "fuck off, show us yer medals".

Trying (and failing) to understand FSG's logic here. Shall we go for a proven manager, who's been there, done it, won the Champions League but might argue the toss now and then?

Or shall we go after a fucking no mark who's done fuck all other than save Wigan from relegation year on year...but who comes across as a yes man who won't say fuck all when FSG tell him "Sorry you can only have a £10 million transfer budget...but we want Champions League football or else.

Given his lack of experience and frankly, a lack of "presence", I can just imagine the likes of Carra seeing his arse with Martinez on the training ground at some point, ending with Carra saying something along the lines of "fuck off, show us yer medals".

quite an imagination you got there, lad.

And what difference would it make if Rafa was in charge and they said this to him? Do you think he'd fork out the extra money out of his own pocket? Maybe the reason that they want Martinez is because he can do well on a small budget?

I fucking hate the use of "yer" it's fucking embarrassing. I noticed it being used on RAWK a while back and it's creeping in all over the place. People type things out using perfectly good grammar and spelling and then throw in a "yer" for some reason. It reads like you're a fucking ten year old. They seem to do it on RAWK to try and prove they are a scouser or something along those lines and it's cringeworthy.

That Fat cunt on there or whatever he calls himself who hasn't lived in Liverpool for 50 years started it I think and all the fucking cronies fell into line. Now you've got all these whoppers using it. Don't fall into the trap because it's an instant wanker alert.

He's got a good squad to start off with though. Maybe he's a better man manager/motivator than Rafa as well?

I'd say hes probably a fairly good man manager alright.

What worries me isn't so much him, but rather the structure in place. I'm not sure theres many managers that could end up doing a good job with the way we seem to be heading.

Guest ShoePiss
I fucking hate the use of "yer" it's fucking embarrassing. I noticed it being used on RAWK a while back and it's creeping in all over the place. People type things out using perfectly good grammar and spelling and then throw in a "yer" for some reason. It reads like you're a fucking ten year old. They seem to do it on RAWK to try and prove they are a scouser or something along those lines and it's cringeworthy.

That Fat cunt on there or whatever he calls himself who hasn't lived in Liverpool for 50 years started it I think and all the fucking cronies fell into line. Now you've got all these whoppers using it. Don't fall into the trap because it's an instant wanker alert.

ye strapon

I'd say hes probably a fairly good man manager alright.

What worries me isn't so much him, but rather the structure in place. I'm not sure theres many managers that could end up doing a good job with the way we seem to be heading.

I think he's going to have a high profile DoF, meaning he'll be left to the footballing/coaching side of the job. It didn't work too well for Kenny so I'm not sure how well it'll work for Roberto, guess we'll have to wait and see, if it happens that is!!

The use of "yer" to represent a scouse accented "you" in the written form was originated by the "Fat Cunt" - whoever he is - on fucking RAWK?

You fucking spack-paddle. Fuck off.

wheeeew!

I had a vision this afternoon (could have been the heat getting to me) of Rafa taking over at the Villa and Martinez being offered the job as 'coach' for us. I laughed to myself and then I panicked. Could this really be how it goes down? A European champion winning manager goes to Villa - Villa who I put money on at the beginning of the season to go down - and a two-times-escaped-relegation manager to come to us. It is doing my brain.

Yer ma on toast

And what difference would it make if Rafa was in charge and they said this to him? Do you think he'd fork out the extra money out of his own pocket? Maybe the reason that they want Martinez is because he can do well on a small budget?

We won't be relegated then? *phew*

They should be honored to play for the club and if the aren't 'excited' enough by Martinez then they should fuck off and play for someone else.

Oh they will, they will.

Same as Alonso Arbeloa Mascherano Torres when they saw which direction the club was headed.

Expect Skrtel Agger Reina Suarez to be next in line.