You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

we have a lot more pain to go thru, before Rafa becomes the prodigal son. We have a bunch of twats playing at football club ownership in the sand pit and there will be tantrums a-plenty at the thought of a fan backlash against their man 'mr average' (name not required)

Edited by KopOut

Guest TK-421
Yep. Don't forget to mention that if they fail to obey you, thousands of fans will switch the TV over/stop watching dodgy sopcast streams in countries from Canada to New Zealand. That'll lern them.

FSG. They know what side their bread's buttered.

Plenty of match going fans want rafa back too.

It's a silly argument, as retarded as your stupid face.

IMO like it or not, like Dalglish, they really have to get Rafa back

Whether you believe he can or cannot do the job successfully, he will always be the shadow over the manager's job

And every manager, one after another that fails, will have this extra burden over him.

So the new manager, no matter who he is, will have to succeed instantly, whether that means top 4 immediately, or win a international trophy (Uefa cup)

Its better to, like with Dalglish, hire him, and if he fails, fire him.

Then, only then, will the fans be able to move on, and the owners hire whoever they want.

Otherwise, like Dalglish for 20 years, Rafa will be a name chanted from the stands whenever our team plays badly

Just been looking back to when Rafa was hired originally to compare the timescales with what's happening now, and I came across a press report from the Telegraph which had the following words (prophetic?):

Although he has won two League titles and this season's UEFA Cup after returning to management following a sabbatical that was partly spent in England, Benitez does not have a particularly dynamic image in Spain. University-educated, his only public row while in charge of Valencia has been with the club's board over their interference in transfers.

Benitez's now famous protest came when the club bought him the winger Cannobio instead of a central striker. "I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp," he complained.

After an unexceptional playing career, he took charge of Real Madrid's junior teams before stints in charge of Real Valladolid, Osasuna, Extremadura and Tenerife. His teams have a reputation for being ultra-defensive and he has dropped Valencia's lavishly talented Argentine striker Pablo Aimar in favour of more conservative line-ups.

If that sounds rather familiar to Liverpool fans frustrated by Gerard Houllier's often cautious approach, then Benitez's tendency to find all kinds of excuses for defeat also has echoes of the Frenchman's reign.

Despite his success, Benitez has nothing like the profile of former Espanyol manager Javier Clemente or Real Madrid's new coach, Jose Camacho, in the Spanish press.

Benitez's real strength has been his ability to develop a promising group of young players into a stronger force than Real Madrid.

Just been looking back to when Rafa was hired originally to compare the timescales with what's happening now, and I came across a press report from the Telegraph which had the following words (prophetic?):

This is the only statement that is important

Benitez's real strength has been his ability to develop a promising group of young players into a stronger force than Real Madrid.

I was told yesterday night that Benitez has been trying to phone some of the players up and get them onside, and that Gerrard and Carragher were furious and contacted Ian Ayre about it.

Not really, but for a second there you all fucking loved it and were about to volley that around for a week.

That piece is shite cos he never dropped aimar

He brought that Valencia team to anfield with the permed one playing and we didnt get a fucking touch they played us off the park

Yeah they were superb that night, I can remember the winning goal was a deflected shot from Rufete wasn't it?

That piece is funny with hindsight. 'He hasnt got the profile of Javier Clemente'. Clemente just got relegated with Sporting Gijon.

I find it fascinating to look back at press reports and compare them to what actually happened!

Management, managers, it's all the same, you just ride the crest of waves and ebb and flow with the tide.

There's that, and then there's scaring everyone and throwing your weight around like Ferguson, with his gopping face and fucked liver.

Managing these days is unlike at any other time. Statistically, I bet the the type of humans that are footballers are 500% more bellendish than they were 20 years ago, which is partly why Kenny didnt do well. He could, and would, have led ME and most of you into battle, but there's very little he can say and do that will worry the modern day footballer at our club.

They just get some time off, or go on loan to AC Milan, or fucking whatever.

You'd hope that these lads have some sort of personal ambition and pride, but it appears that we have bought some of the most unambitious, lazy, cowardly cunts that we could find, and that's partly Kenny's fault and why he failed this time around.

Benitez used to bang on about the right players with the 'right mentality', and more often than not he found those sort of players. Even the likes of Krygiakos, despite being a clogger he was a committed player and had immense personal pride, and for that reason I always thought of him as a mini success at £1.5m

In terms of a skillset, many professional footballers are much the same, it's just a small percentage who are that bitter quicker, fitter and more technically gifted and have that bit of extra game intelligence. The big differential in most cases is attitude and application, and that's a bit more difficult to spot, but it's so vital this Summer.

IMO like it or not, like Dalglish, they really have to get Rafa back.Whether you believe he can or cannot do the job successfully, he will always be the shadow over the manager's job.And every manager, one after another that fails, will have this extra burden over him.So the new manager, no matter who he is, will have to succeed instantly, whether that means top 4 immediately, or win a international trophy (Uefa cup)

Its better to, like with Dalglish, hire him, and if he fails, fire him.Then, only then, will the fans be able to move on, and the owners hire whoever they want.Otherwise, like Dalglish for 20 years, Rafa will be a name chanted from the stands whenever our team plays badly

That is a fair argument.

My belief, however, is that the time for looking back is over.I would love LVG to come in and say "It is a disgrace that LFc has not won the league for two decades - now we do things my way".

You weren't the only one.

I remember everyone clapping them off and generally revelling in their display which is fair enough it was immense, but I was in no mood to be clapping the opposition

Them and barca when they scored that goal when they kept the ball for about 3 years are two of the most comprehensive bummings i've ever seen us recieve

Guest TK-421
Yes they do, but nothing like the proportion on the interweb. Not that you would ever know about that, loser.

Have you done a survey, fuckface?

I was told yesterday night that Benitez has been trying to phone some of the players up and get them onside, and that Gerrard and Carragher were furious and contacted Ian Ayre about it.

Not really, but for a second there you all fucking loved it and were about to volley that around for a week.

Thought ATK was back for a minute

Carragher and Gerrard are probably furious about it because at least one of them is absolutely finished if Rafa were to come back.

It's pretty well acknowledged that both were culpable in his departure.

That 90k a week contract for a 4th choice centre back will be addressed immediately.