You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Kenny is not stupid"

WaltonRed

We need to get behind the team and The King this weekend, I agree with Roy.

Liverpool fans should get behind Kenny Dalglish, says Roy Evans | Football | guardian.co.uk

Roy Evans has urged Liverpool fans to get behind Kenny Dalglish and his faltering team over the closing weeks of the season.

Defeat by Newcastle United on Sunday made it six losses from seven Premier League matches and left Dalglish's side in eighth place, 16 points off the top four and 34 points behind leaders Manchester United.

Evans, manager between 1994 and 1998, told the Liverpool Echo: "You have to be positive. You have to stick together in times like this, from the players, to the manager, the backroom staff and the supporters.

"It is always a difficult time when you go through periods like this as a manager. Especially as, being manager of a club like Liverpool, you know what it means to the fans. They are suffering at the moment, and having a hard time of it.

"And they have every right to be critical. That is part of being a fan. But at the end of the day, Liverpool still have a chance of winning the FA Cup, to go alongside the Carling Cup.

"Kenny is not stupid, he knows that his team have not performed to their capabilities of late.

"The league position is not what anyone at the club wants it to be, make no mistake, but my message to the supporters would be to stick together, and try to stay behind the team for the rest of the season.

"Because the team, the players, the manager, they need fans' support at times like this."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get behind the team and The King this weekend, I agree with Roy.

Liverpool fans should get behind Kenny Dalglish, says Roy Evans | Football | guardian.co.uk

Roy Evans has urged Liverpool fans to get behind Kenny Dalglish and his faltering team over the closing weeks of the season.

Defeat by Newcastle United on Sunday made it six losses from seven Premier League matches and left Dalglish's side in eighth place, 16 points off the top four and 34 points behind leaders Manchester United.

Evans, manager between 1994 and 1998, told the Liverpool Echo: "You have to be positive. You have to stick together in times like this, from the players, to the manager, the backroom staff and the supporters.

"It is always a difficult time when you go through periods like this as a manager. Especially as, being manager of a club like Liverpool, you know what it means to the fans. They are suffering at the moment, and having a hard time of it.

"And they have every right to be critical. That is part of being a fan. But at the end of the day, Liverpool still have a chance of winning the FA Cup, to go alongside the Carling Cup.

"Kenny is not stupid, he knows that his team have not performed to their capabilities of late.

"The league position is not what anyone at the club wants it to be, make no mistake, but my message to the supporters would be to stick together, and try to stay behind the team for the rest of the season.

"Because the team, the players, the manager, they need fans' support at times like this."

It's a bit fucking cheeky this. Bunch of millionaires working 90 minutes a week strolling around without a care in the world and then making demands of us. Fuck you. Running around looking like you give a shit would pretty much guarantee support.

Guest ShoePiss
It's a bit fucking cheeky this. Bunch of millionaires working 90 minutes a week strolling around without a care in the world and then making demands of us. Fuck you. Running around looking like you give a shit would pretty much guarantee support.

Home field advantage doesn't come in a pay packet.

Guest San Don

The epitome of the sky generation. Fucking hell, whatever happened to the concept of the 12th man?

Guest ShoePiss
The epitome of the sky generation. Fucking hell, whatever happened to the concept of the 12th man?

It is a bit upsetting that the fanbase now is one of sitting back, waiting to be entertained. The players are human, more money isn't some kind of nitro boost. They need to be encouraged and supported. The opposition should feel uncomfortable, not the red men.

From day one Downing, Henderson and Carroll have been openly resented by parts of the support, it's a joke. Fans should be making them feel at the very least welcome, part of the club. Then they might find it a little bit easier to motivate them in the last twenty if they felt even remotely believed in.

Being gutted from a poor performance is any supporters right. Booing the team you " support" is just wrong, and surely not acceptable conduct of the 12th man.

Never thought I'd hear that at Anfield. On top of it all; now we have the manager every supporter called for in the Roy- days, and he gets boo's from the home fans?

Why give this to the press to feast upon?

Havent we given them enough this season?

Guest San Don
It is a bit upsetting that the fanbase now is one of sitting back, waiting to be entertained. The players are human, more money isn't some kind of nitro boost. They need to be encouraged and supported. The opposition should feel uncomfortable, not the red men.

You know, I watch LFC.tv for news most nights. They run old clips of Shankly extolling the virtues of the fans towards the players, sucking the ball into the net, making the player, our players, feel 10 foot tall.

Then you get so called fans telling our own players to 'fuck off'? Jesus wept. I wonder how long some of these fans would have lasted in the Kop during the 60's and 70's telling our players to 'fuck off.'

and Sky Generation players and club aswell. Most fans have no affinity to the players. Sometimes a little bit of humility from the players rather than getting pissed on jagerbombs and falling over would help.

... chicken and egg scenario...What came first

He isnt stupid but he needs to get rid of Kevin Keen and John Acterberg and appoint people who have worked with bigger clubs with fresh ideas and expectations.

i'll second that

i did cringe when we took keen on as a coach

Guest San Don
and Sky Generation players and club aswell. Most fans have no affinity to the players. Sometimes a little bit of humility from the players rather than getting pissed on jagerbombs and falling over would help.

... chicken and egg scenario...What came first

Our players went on the piss before. Jocky was caught streaking along blackpool beach pissed as a fart one day. And despite all the stories in the press about Carroll always being on the piss, there's not been one pic of him or any other LFC player for that matter getting pissed on jagerbombs during the season.

And where are these pictures of players getting pissed on jagerbombs now and not giving a shit during this poor run?

Seems to me some fans just want to believe any old shite put in front of them.

Our players went on the piss before. Jocky was caught streaking along blackpool beach pissed as a fart one day. And despite all the stories in the press about Carroll always being on the piss, there's not been one pic of him or any other LFC player for that matter getting pissed on jagerbombs during the season.

And where are these pictures of players getting pissed on jagerbombs now and not giving a shit during this poor run?

Seems to me some fans just want to believe any old shite put in front of them.

Winning and playing well that sort of behaviour gets overlooked. When you underperform it doesnt.

Its common knowledge of Carroll getting pissed all the time. You just have to look on the private gold forum (of which you are a member) where the stories have been backed up.

Sorry but I think that is a complete and utter pile of rubbish. They are playing for Liverpool FC and they shouldn't need us to perform, we will, and have supported this team, they have lost 8 games since the New Year and they need more than support they need a fucking kick up the arse and they need to know that shite will not be tolerated any longer.

Winning and playing well that sort of behaviour gets overlooked. When you underperform it doesnt.

Its common knowledge of Carroll getting pissed all the time. You just have to look on the private gold forum (of which you are a member) where the stories have been backed up.

Where?

I don't recall seeing any corroborating evidence accompanying these accusations, either on here or in the Member's Forum, and I have to admit it's starting to piss me off.

Why aren't there pictures and stories all over the tabloid press if Carroll's out on the piss all the time? Every fuckwit and his dog has got a camera phone now...

And are you trying to tell me the tabloids wouldn't be all over it? One more reason to stick the boot into us, and into our £35m striker...

You know, I watch LFC.tv for news most nights. They run old clips of Shankly extolling the virtues of the fans towards the players, sucking the ball into the net, making the player, our players, feel 10 foot tall.

The players back then looked like they actually gave a shit. They were proud to wear The Red, as opposed to looking at it as a job.

I'm like everyone else on this site in that I'd give me left bollock to make one appearance for the club. The players we have at the minute are not only privileged enough to play for our club, they're being made multi-millionaires for that privilege. If they don't put in a shift, they should be told to fuck off. The thing is, it shouldn't be down to the fans. It should be their teammates that give them a bollocking for not getting stuck in.

But instead you get this arm around the shoulder crap. Poor rich fully grown man doesn't like being shouted at! Pet.

Where?

I don't recall seeing any corroborating evidence accompanying these accusations, either on here or in the Member's Forum, and I have to admit it's starting to piss me off.

Why aren't there pictures and stories all over the tabloid press if Carroll's out on the piss all the time? Every fuckwit and his dog has got a camera phone now...

And are you trying to tell me the tabloids wouldn't be all over it? One more reason to stick the boot into us, and into our £35m striker...

Because Carroll isnt that interesting anymore.

Any player that shows balls and puts in the effort will get support.

Some people think some of the players are taking the piss, and it's hard to argue with them.

Don't disagree with that at all Paul.

It's the malicious gossip and unsubstantiated rumour that annoys me.

And to think we take the piss out if Bluenose taxi drivers...

Back in the sixties, players at our club didn't earn enough money to indulge in the kind of bullshit lifestyles of today. It was easier for fans to have respect for the players as people, as opposed to the idolising culture of today. It was a different world and football was a different game.