You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan at Home 24/03/12

Xherdan

when do these new rules kick in regarding a certain percentage of English players in the team/club?? I don't know much about it, but did we sign English players to get ahead of the pack in that regard?? Is every other Premier League team going to have to front up on this?? Is that why we bought Downing and Henderson??

when do these new rules kick in regarding a certain percentage of English players in the team/club?? I don't know much about it, but did we sign English players to get ahead of the pack in that regard?? Is every other Premier League team going to have to front up on this?? Is that why we bought Downing and Henderson??

No. We bought them because the manager for some reason thought they were good players despite being nothing but average in their careers so far. How he saw other wise we'll never no especially in regard to Downing who's been around for years turning in average seasons.

Guest San Don

Well that was fucking shit. What a day, turned out about as appetising as warm dogshit.

Just WTF is going on? Turned over by not one but two relegation cannon fodder in 3 days.

Course, you just know when lee mason refs our games the odds on us losing substantially increase. And while I hasten to add he wasnt the sole reason, yet again another fucking laughable penalty decison he gaveagainst us which he wouldnt entertain at united just sets the tone. But enough of that incompetent twat.

As for wigan, if anyone says their keeper played a blinder they are going to get negged. What I will say is their keeper was prepared to go eyeballs out on crosses and efforts to keep the ball out of his fucking net.

I dont like laying into our players. I've tried to remain positive about them up to now. But, we payed (up to) £20m for henderson yet the lad is bang in front of goal but looks like a rabbit caught in car headlights. That first half opening which saw him refuse to take the shot on and instead ran across the box looking for someone else to take the initiative was, for me, the last straw.

Sunderland bought, sunderland standard.

Downing, another one we paid £20m for. Now he's shown a little sign of coming good in the last few weeks but today, completely anonymous. A 20m player against relegation sides, he should be creaming himself taking defenders who are struggling in the PL to the cleaners. But instead, the defenders look almost world class when up against our stewie.

Villa bought, villa standard.

Enrique, widely commented upon as one of our best transfer dealings in the summer. But again, been poor in the last few games, culpable at QPR for the winner and today, when a man beat him, instead of chasing back instead decides to have a go at the lino! WTF!?

Its perhaps unfair to criticise Carragher. A stalwart for LFC over the years. But, the partnership with Skrtel isnt working. And FFS, stop fucking hoofing the ball anywhere.

Reina, he's taking too long to distribute the ball and when he does, its another long punt upfield. Now, everyone in the world knows we find scoring hard. So teams make sure they are all behind the ball when we come forward. But when they are attacking and exposed, when he has the ball, he has to get our play moving quickly. So get it out to the feet of our players.

In truth, only Skrtel, Spearing and Flanno come out with any credit from the starting 11. The rest were varying stages of shiteness. After our second 'goal' was ruled out (note, the lino on the centenary side didnt flag and mason seemed to award the goal until the wigan players complained long and loud) we had a spell on top for about 5 minutes. But then, you could see the confidence draining away from our players. WTF is that about?

I was surprised kuyt stayed on as long as he did. He was having a poor game and looked shattered at the end of the first half never mind beginning of the second.

The introduction of Carroll, Shelvey and Sterling didnt have much of an impact. carroll won some headers but why he's been dropped I dont know. Shelvey was solid but solid wasnt what we needed in this game. It was good to see Sterling get a run, some nice touches but his physical presence worries me. Not sure if his appearance has anything to do with this shite about his mother in the papers wanting him back in the smoke, spurs snifing around and 'broken promises' (is this some shit play on Miereles broken promises or what?).

So, the King, what's going on? We need to get back to basics and quick or the semi final will be the last trip to wembley this season. He needs to sort out the defensive partnership with Skrtel. Man of glass agger is out so someone has to step up here. Why was Coates dropped? He's played in the coppa america so he's no greenhorn is he?

Reina needs to take a long hard look at what oppo keepers are doing to keep the ball out of their net. Who the fucking hell his favourite keeper coach is and no longer at Melwood shouldnt make a scrap of difference to a professional.

Some players need to shape up or be shipped out at the end of the season. And that includes some big names whether they have been here going on 6 years or more or, cost a fortune only 6 months ago.

If the King doesnt stop this rot quickly, there'll be a mongfest bigger than in the walking dead series 2 finale.

Jonjo Shelvey tweet - Shiteee result were better than that!! We gotta improve !! Bad week!! Let's move on and improve!! Fans were superb as usual!!! #YNWA

it's worrying when shelvey's post-match analysis makes a lot more sense than our manager's - what an awful awful season in the league and what awful awful signings kenny has made - there is just no getting away from that

Cringe at fucking what?

After the QPR game he rounded on the journos and said the players were not tired, now he is saying that the reason why we struggled today is because of the fixture list, and we were tired against the mighty Wigan.

Our support is clued up.I went to Loftus Rd and the game today. The problem is not tiredness, it is poor tactics, and players who can motivate themselves for what they deem to be big games, but cannot perform to a high standard weekly.Those of us who follow the team home and away do not like being taken for mugs.

I thought that the great "benefit" of not qualifying for Europe was that we could concentrate on the league. Is Kenny suggesting that the league is becoming a bit much for our players now?

Kenny got the nod for the job, because of the fans. He could well lose his job for the same reason. However, I for one, fully intend to stand by the King through this difficult time.

Most of the players are Mercenary these days. They want to play for the biggest clubs in the world and when it all goes sour, they want to move to the next biggest club without any responsibility over their performance. Just pass the buck. Pre-madonnas most of them. I suspect as a coach, Steve Clarke is also just out for the fat contract and then he'll move on if the plan fails to give results.

Kenny loves this club. He constantly instills the need to play well, show the club respect and wear the jersey with pride. The players all publicly support Kenny, so what's going on? Is there something not right behind the scenes?

Yes we can point the finger at various players: Henderson isn't popular and appears to be average. Downing is Jeykl and Hyde. Pepe not as consistant according to some. Carra is maybe past it. Then there's the injuries....

I always think back to Istanbul at times like this. That first half was humiliating. However it turned out to be a game of two halves.

Likewise this season, the same 11 players can turn up for a game and and inspire passion, then next week, couldn't be fuckin' bothered on the face of it.

Crazy times.

I still think that Kenny is the man for the job, however, I know nothing about Steve Clarke, except that he was Chelsea's man for a while....who's idea was it to bring HIM in??? Does he clash with Kenny?? Does Kenny sign the team off independantly?? Does Steve Clarke have a final say in team selection? Is he bull headed? Stubborn??

The modern game is defo different to the old fashioned game with it's straight forward Manager/Trainer relationship.

Something's not right with the staff for me, but can it all be laid at Kenny's door?

Keep

Suarez

Gerrard

Coates

Skrtel

Carroll

Johnson

Kelly

Flanagan

Robinson

Enrique

Clear out the rest.

Including Reina Agger and Lucas., we'll get a few bob for them, before people relaise they are either past it or broken beyond repair.

I've posted before about our scouting being shit.

It REALLY needs sorting now.

Seriously? Get rid of 2 of our 4/5 best outfield players? That would be a great idea:wallbutt: Just as good as getting rid of one of the best keepers in the league. What's he supposed to do with those goals today? One penalty nailed in the bottom corner, and a shot from 4 yards out.

Nutjob.

Kenny got the nod for the job.........

A fair few questions there, Kop Out.

Kenny doesn’t do the training ground stuff, never has, it was Ray Harford at Blackburn and Terry Mac at Newcastle.

Steve said that it was Kenny who wanted him, and it was a good call. A modern up to date coach with his finger on the pulse, a credible training ground figure.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Steve picks the team.

I agree with you that the playing problems transcend KK. A fundamental is that when the perfectly reasonable decision to have a DOF was actioned it was not envisaged that a young DOF with limited relevant experience would be paired and made responsible for a Club legend who is vastly more experienced. It is a basic fault-line.

I always thought that Kenny would have been a far better DOF, with a street savvy CEO doing the transfer dealings. But FSG wanted their own man as DOF, and wanted a placeman as CEO. Neither is a reason why we are not scoring enough goals or cannot beat QPR, Wigan, Bolton or Cardiff, but it is a reason why as problems mount they are not being solved.

J.Shelvey..‏@Jshelvey33Reply

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

We gotta keep the faith .. I read a tweet midweek saying we win together and we loose together .. Were liverpool football club remember that

From Shelvey

I would have a little more confidence if JJ knew the difference between lose and loose, and could punctuate "were."

Guest San Don
Kenny got the nod for the job, because of the fans. He could well lose his job for the same reason. However, I for one, fully intend to stand by the King through this difficult time.

Most of the players are Mercenary these days. They want to play for the biggest clubs in the world and when it all goes sour, they want to move to the next biggest club without any responsibility over their performance. Just pass the buck. Pre-madonnas most of them. I suspect as a coach, Steve Clarke is also just out for the fat contract and then he'll move on if the plan fails to give results.

Kenny loves this club. He constantly instills the need to play well, show the club respect and wear the jersey with pride. The players all publicly support Kenny, so what's going on? Is there something not right behind the scenes?

Yes we can point the finger at various players: Henderson isn't popular and appears to be average. Downing is Jeykl and Hyde. Pepe not as consistant according to some. Carra is maybe past it. Then there's the injuries....

I always think back to Istanbul at times like this. That first half was humiliating. However it turned out to be a game of two halves.

Likewise this season, the same 11 players can turn up for a game and and inspire passion, then next week, couldn't be fuckin' bothered on the face of it.

Crazy times.

I still think that Kenny is the man for the job, however, I know nothing about Steve Clarke, except that he was Chelsea's man for a while....who's idea was it to bring HIM in??? Does he clash with Kenny?? Does Kenny sign the team off independantly?? Does Steve Clarke have a final say in team selection? Is he bull headed? Stubborn??

The modern game is defo different to the old fashioned game with it's straight forward Manager/Trainer relationship.

Something's not right with the staff for me, but can it all be laid at Kenny's door?

This was a good post until the last couple of paras. Steve clarke, are you serious? Did you question Clarke when the defence improved immeasurably?

The King brought Clarke in and Clarke has instilled some good defensive work this term.

Frankly, I think its shit to blame Clarke or the King. We need to go back to basics, end of.

This was a good post until the last couple of paras. Steve clarke, are you serious? Did you question Clarke when the defence improved immeasurably?

The King brought Clarke in and Clarke has instilled some good defensive work this term.

Frankly, I think its shit to blame Clarke or the King. We need to go back to basics, end of.

Thanks for your reply. Just trying to get my head around the various roles/responsibilities of staff.

Yes, Steve Clarke was appointed by Kenny, as first team coach (and now he is assistant manager after the departure of Sami Lee.

Our defence after being consistantly good, throughout the season is now sputtering / coughing. More goals are getting through. However, rather than lay the blame at either Clarke or The King, I still say injuries and a thin squad are our main worries. Can Kenny and Steve be responsible for a lack of depth if the big money gets spent on 1 or 2 players?

We desperately miss both Lucas and Agger. Couple this with stuff all goalscoring from strikers like Suarez (an 8 match ban doesn't help) and Carroll - still embedding himself into form and tactics (the lad's young) - and ofc we arn't winning. Add in the missing Stevie G for a lot of the season and the usual 'average start' to the season and you get what we've got. Average.

To quote an article on Steve Clarke from the beginning of the current season:

* "The Liverpool first-team coach, Steve Clarke, says the club's "average start" to the season is partly due to the changes taking place within the squad. The side have 10 points from six matches after losing at Stoke and Tottenham.

At a similar stage last season their tally was six and discontent was growing against the manager, Roy Hodgson, whose reign lasted six months when he was sacked in January.

As part of the overhaul, financed by the owners, Fenway Sports Group, and undertaken by Kenny Dalglish on his return to take charge of the club, seven players were signed in the summer with numerous others heading in the opposite direction.

Most of those new arrivals have featured in most of the opening matches and while Liverpool have played well in patches they are still to consistently produce their top form.

"Without getting too carried away or too disappointed it's probably just an average start," said Clarke. "You're probably looking at about a seven out of 10. Some pleasing performances and some not so pleasing, but you'd expect that from a group of players where you've made so many changes and you're trying to bed a few things down." *

Steve Clarke defends Liverpool's 'average start' | Football | guardian.co.uk

It's all right people it was because we're "tired". Thank fuck for that.

We're really going to be fucked with European football though. We should give the place up.

Tired? Under Rafa and his first number 2 whos name escapes me, we had the fittest team in the league, and the high tempo we set knackered out the opposition, what the fuck has happened?

Keep

Suarez

Gerrard

Coates

Skrtel

Carroll

Johnson

Kelly

Flanagan

Robinson

Enrique

Clear out the rest.

Including Reina Agger and Lucas., we'll get a few bob for them, before people relaise they are either past it or broken beyond repair.

I've posted before about our scouting being shit.

It REALLY needs sorting now.

Are you fuckin mental? Clear out Agger, Reina and Lucas? Fuckin lunatic!