You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke
That just tops off a season of gross incompetance from referees , that truly is one of the worst decisions from a ref there has ever been.

You forget...that Xerex spastic thinks refereeing has never been at a better standard.

Guest Pistonbroke
had bale not scored cech would have been off. wanker bale

If a penalty is awarded in this game i win money, i screamed you monkey featured cunt at the TV when he scored...my missus thinks i'm mad.

Guest San Don
how is that not a red? still a foul. anywhere else on the field he allows play to carry on then gives the card after.

I think its called atkinson's law.

Guest davelfc
Right ok, so he allowed play to go on, but does he still book Cech for the challenge anyway?

He didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity though did he? Because they scored.

Guest davelfc
Has Atkinson bottled it completely? Allows a goal to stand at one end (shouldn't). Allows play to continue, a goal is scored, but an earlier goalscoring opportunity is denied. Why is Cech still on the pitch? Why not a yellow, at least?

Because he didn't deny a goalscoring opportunity! had the player missed then it could have been different. I suppose he could have booked the goalie for the challenge but how often does that happen when it results in a goal?

Guest San Don
He didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity though did he? Because they scored.

Plenty of players have been booked by refs after they have played advantage though. He still brought adyebayor down.

Guest Pistonbroke
No fucking way should Bale not knock that in. What do people expect him to do? stop the ball on the line and wait for the referee to blow?

He could easily stop running for the ball and claim for the penalty....

Guest ShoePiss
They scored, not a red card offence then, simple.

It was explained to Brad Friedel on the bench, your reasoning is wrong.

Simple.

Guest San Don
Just explained on the telly, you can only do retrospective red cards for 'violent conduct' apparently.

And chec didnt display any violent conduct in that challenge? They can fuck off with that excuse.

I look forward to the next time we have an incident like that and the ref, especially atkinson, webb or mason apply the same law to us and not send one of our players off like they love to do now.

But he did stop a goal scoring opportunity and he was the last man at the time.

The ref then happened to play advantage.

That's still a red in my book, just like the appropriate card is given after other advantage situations all the time.

PS. Just read the "violent conduct" proviso. That one's news to me. Oh well.