You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
But he did stop a goal scoring opportunity and he was the last man at the time.

The ref then happened to play advantage.

That's still a red in my book, just like the appropriate card is given after other advantage situations all the time.

If he stopped a goalscoring opportunity then why did the ball end up in the back of the net?

I have no doubt if it was most other teams then the goalie would be off.

Guest San Don
He could easily stop running for the ball and claim for the penalty....

Seriously, would you do that in that situation when you've just seen the ref award a goal against you that didnt cross the line!?

Guest ShoePiss
And chec didnt display any violent conduct in that challenge? They can fuck off with that excuse.

I look forward to the next time we have an incident like that and the ref, especially atkinson, webb or mason apply the same law to us and not send one of our players off like they love to do now.

Yeah I've no idea how they interpret "violent conduct", that's why I put it in quotes.

Guest Pistonbroke
Seriously, would you do that in that situation when you've just seen the ref award a goal against you that didnt cross the line!?

No...but i would have won my bet if he had...get my drift :P

Guest Pistonbroke

IMO Atkinson would have given it knowing his last decision was rather contentious. I still feel spuds will get a penalty if one of them go down due to a half dodgy tackle...well maybe.

If he stopped a goalscoring opportunity then why did the ball end up in the back of the net?

I have no doubt if it was most other teams then the goalie would be off.

At the moment he brought him down, was it not a goal scoring opportunity?

Anyway, doesn't matter I guess.

I think Spurs might come back and win this.

Guest ShoePiss

I hope they do.

Guest davelfc

Yes, but the ref saw that play could continue and rightly waved 'play on' if the resulting chance had not resulted in a goal then a 'goal scoring opportunity' could have been said to have been denied and it would have been interesting to see what twatkinson would have done.

It's a non event, compared to the ghost goal.

Every generation of referee's has a few shit ones. We've got three in Atkinson, Webb and Mason. The problem I have with all of them is the way they like to play the 'big man' mister authority routine. They give snap decisions which are clearly little more than guess work. Would it have hurt for him to consult the linesman? There's no way he could have seen that incident, the ball wasn't even close to crossing the line, he's just assumed it must have crossed.

Game over anyway.

Guest San Don
No...but i would have won my bet if he had...get my drift :P

LOL! Fair comment. Immaterial now though. said we'd win 2 cup by beating teams at wembley wearing bloo.

Guest davelfc

It's atkinson, he usually has an impact on the game. He really is a disgrace I'm truly surprised that given his general level of incompetence this season that he was allowed anywhere near this. Oh hang on, it's the FA.

Yes, but the ref saw that play could continue and rightly waved 'play on' if the resulting chance had not resulted in a goal then a 'goal scoring opportunity' could have been said to have been denied and it would have been interesting to see what twatkinson would have done.

It's a non event, compared to the ghost goal.

Agreed.

And that's that now.

Oh well, we'll have to beat the jammy twats in the final.

And we will.