You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (Home) - 03/03/'12

Lario

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
If only it wasn't full of shite.

Oh well yeah there's that. I'm getting bored though so couldn't even be arsed pointing it out or reading beyond the first couple of lines.

Torres 50m

Babel 8m

Konchesky 1.5m

N'Gog 4m

Miereles 12m

Mavinga 1m

Ayala 800k

Aquilani 5m

total: 82.3m

Suarez 23m

Carroll 35m

Henderson 16m

Downing 20m

Adam 7m

Enrique 6m

Coates 7m

total: 114m

Net: 31.7m

Then the removal of Aquilani, Jovanovic, Cole, Poulsen, Konchesky, El Zhar, Degen, Insua, and Kyrgiakos from the wage bill. Probably close to 30m year if you don't consider payoffs etc.

Of course this had everything to do with Rafa and nothing to do with those cancerous owners of ours.

Absolutely to do with the owners, the sacking of Rafa isn't the reason and we know it, it was underfunding alongside poor decision making in the transfer market from the owners and previous and current managers.

To be fair the ball from Song was brilliant too. Only Gerrard in our team could pull off that pass.

The help he got from a fossile marking him might have something to do with it as well. Really pissed off right now. Can't believe we squandered a golden opportunity to get involved in the fight for 4th. Kenny needs to take a lot of the blame - again. Selecting Carra is just madness right now, he's such a liability it's not even funny anymore. How the fuck he waited until 87 minutes (i.e last 10 today) before substituting anyone is another (recurring) mystery. Adam, Henderson and Downing all got progressively worse as the 2nd half, and how Maxi, Bellamy and Carroll never entered the managements' thoughts during that lacklustre 2nd half I'll never know. Unsurprisingly this piss-poor Arsenal squad fancied their chances after surviving the onslaught that was the 1st half, and we made it excruciatingly easy for them to do so... I'm seriously worried about our progress (lack of) under Kenny. I fully expected there to be a bedding in period with this many new faces, but we have the exact same problems in March as we had in August, and it pains me to say it but I doubt Kenny will be our manager come start of the next season... Nice words from the owners after our triumph, but I think their actions (or lack thereof) in the January window show us more of what they think about our management. Can't say I disagree either, the money spent on Henderson and Downing (and Carroll - but that was under much different circumstances) should have gone a long way towards securing 4th. They won't, so questions have to be asked.

we don't score goals because we have terrible forward players, Suarez excepted, in the cold light of day, Kuyt and Carroll (and you could argue Bellamy and Maxi) are not any better than the the forwards playing for teams in the relegation battle. In fact you could argue that they are worse. While we create significantly more chances than those teams, we really are in a poor state as an attacking force.

I have a gig tonight, so I'm off - enjoy your evening!

Seriously id give some of the kids a chance just to fucking give our forwards a kick up the arse tell them these kids have earnt the right to have a go because you lot are fucking gash.

Ive been saying this for weeks.

We'd be in better shape to have a pop at the FA Cup too, if we'd given some youngsters a go in the league. Its been obvious for ages we are nowhere near good enoguh for CL football.

Yes its the wrong way round, but thats where the club is right now.

Where are Robinson and Flanagan this year? About the only 2 decent fruits of Our recent scouting activity.

If we had brought them on this season, (thought they were through tbh) we'd have the option of playing Kelly in the middle instead of Carragher who should retire NOW.

Thats just 2 examples. Maybe our scouting is even worse than i thought and there are NO legitimate challengers for 1st team places.

Fuck knows.

Seriously id give some of the kids a chance just to fucking give our forwards a kick up the arse tell them these kids have earnt the right to have a go because you lot are fucking gash.

Agree with this but it wont happen unfortunatly , maybe when theres 2 or 3 games left but not now.

What possible harm could it do to give Sterling a chance ?

Its about saving face aswell for the management , dropping all that $$$ worth of players to give 2 or 3 kids a chance.

I'm not someone who endlessly slates the lad because I do think he has been a decent signing for the money paid. But what does Charlie Adam currently Offer that jonjo shelvey doesn't? His passing is off, his tackling gives away foul after foul and his set pieces are criminal. Since Lucas had been out the side his form as spiralled and I don't know why Shelvey hasn't been given a chance instead of sent in loan.

Guest San Don

Well a disappointing result. Thought we played well and deserved more from the game. Our finishing is shite.

Suarez is a good player but he's no finisher. His little flicks are great when they come off but today, most of them didnt. Kuyt battled hard but didnt have much joy. I'd have put my mortgage on that pen after sunday but it was a poor effort. Even when it was saved, I felt sure he'd get the rebound in but he just didnt or couldnt get enough on it.

Henderson looked like he lacked confidence to take anyone on until his cross led to the og.

Thought the linos were poor today. Some shit offside decisions. Would like to see van persie's second as he looked off for it.

Oh, and what are arse fans on? Chanting 'you know what you are' to Suarez then chanting 'yiddo' at the end of the spurs song. And benayoun in their side? isnt 'yiddo' racist!?