You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (Home) - 03/03/'12

Lario

It's no surprise to me or indicative of failure BUT the fact that obvious problems and recurrent problems have not been addressed is what needs sorting.

I hesitate to make the comparison, but in 08-09, we were drawing 2-2 with Hull and, with 10 minutes left instead of his 20m striker, Rafa sent on Lucas. When he was asked why, he explained that men in the box wasn't important to scoring goals("Using more people in the box is not a guarantee."). Kenny is a different man, obviously, but the same conservative philosophy is still pervasive around Anfield.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check my post on the MF chief I said before the game Carragher shouldn't play, I said during game he was 100% at fault for 1st goal, and I said after game he shouldn't start another game, but you carry on

I used to be an a paying member but stopped recently, so I cant.

Fair enough, i'm sorry.

However, my point stands valid. There are too many people on here who today (and for a long time) have shot anybody down if they dare suggest Jamie Carragher should be dropped or sold.

He hasn't been good enough for a very long time. It's quite frustrating for people to suddenly start 'realising' when those same people have called you a bellend for pointing it out months earlier. The same applies with all of those who suddenly 'realised' Henderson's averageness after his gash display in the final.

Fact is, Newcastle, Arsenal and Chelsea are considerably superior football teams. That's why they're pulling away, that's why we're a good few points ahead of Swansea; because we're better. Tottenham are in another galaxy - they're a far, far better team.

Nonsense.

Screen_Shot_2012_03_03_at_14_59_38.png

Fuck off.

I couldn't give a fuck if Kuyt and Henderson performed Le Sacre du Printemps with absolute precision bringing Carra to tears, never mind if we "hit the post twice".

Wake up and smell the coffee, or if you prefer, our shit-stain of a league position.

Stabbed yourself yet ?

And what about our league position ? Have i said im happy about it or something ?

What i said was we played well today and were the better team, and should have won that comfortably. And that fucking cunts like yourself who seem to think we were outclassed should stab themselves. Which you should, you cunt.

Fair enough, i'm sorry.

However, my point stands valid. There are too many people on here who today (and for a long time) have shot anybody down if they dare suggest Jamie Carragher should be dropped or sold.

He hasn't been good enough for a very long time. It's quite frustrating for people to suddenly start 'realising' when those same people have called you a bellend for pointing it out months earlier. The same applies with all of those who suddenly 'realised' Henderson's averageness after his gash display in the final.

I thought Henderson done well today but it's obvious we may as well start with 10 men if he's on the wing, Carra is finished and from 1st game this season that's been obvious, 4th place is gone, we have a Europa place secured we may as well give Coates a chance in the team now.

Guest ShoePiss
Maybe Dalglish just isn't suited to managing a team long term and having to do the whole squad rotation stuff. He seems at ease when he has a really small squad where he doesn't have to worry about the team selection much.

Scottish Claudio Ranieri, perhaps?

Where are you from mate?

Guest Pistonbroke

Only ourselves to blame here...players not good enough in front of goal.....some players just not good enough at all...Kenny not good enough with his insistence on playing players he bought himself regardless of form and his substitutional tactics are just not good enough. But we did enough to win a game in which Arsenal were begging to be bummed, played well at times and created enough...only to waste what we create per usual. Need a clear out again in the summer...plus reading some of the comments on here we could do with a clear out of fans...Sky generation, football manager playing bunch of glory hunting whinging fuck nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough, i'm sorry.

I certainly wouldn't single out Carragher, is he past his best now? Yes clearly which is why he's lost his regular first team place. Does he have something to offer as a professional in the latter stages of his career, definitely. We were faced today with playing either Carragher or a young untested defender in Coates against a still decent quality side.

Our issues run much, much deeper than whether we pick Carragher.

Guest ShoePiss
Wales, though I don't see what it has to do with my point, and why do you want to know are you going to call me the Welsh Funnneee or something!?

That's actually better than what I would have come up with. Let's go with that. :)

Stabbed yourself yet ?

And what about our league position ? Have i said im happy about it or something ?

What i said was we played well today and were the better team, and should have won that comfortably. And that fucking cunts like yourself who seem to think we were outclassed should stab themselves. Which you should, you cunt.

My post at half time

Despite being fucking seething that we are level with a team we've completely outplayed (again) due to our inability to score a fucking goal (again)...

Im delighted with the way we've used the ball today. We've been a joy to watch. I know Arsenal have a very soft spine and aren't the hardest to break down. Nevertheless, our one touch football has been accurate, fast and incisive. In recent times, our inability to make simple five yard passes is what frustrated me most but I'm glad we've remedied it.

Also, we all seem to be very high in energy. The lethargy in our displays of late have been blood boiling. Today's a different story. High energy and determination.

Finally, Luis has been tremendous. Absolutely run them ragged. I wish he had better finishing, and I'm still perplexed as to how he missed an open goal, but otherwise he has been totally awesome today.

Henderson is getting into good positions. His use (or rather, poor use) of the ball is frustrating me, though. It has often been absolutely dire. Credit to him for putting the cross in, though to credit him with an 'assist' for it is quite desperate. If Bellamy was playing we would be leading at the moment, in my opinion.

If we don't win this game I will be absolutely livid. They are fucking shite. We have been all over them like a rash. Unfortunately, the forgiving post-match empathies no longer hold for me. I couldn't give a shit about the amount of chances we've created, it won't get us fourth spot.

You fucking mong.

As I said, I couldn't give a sidewards fuck if we were the 'better team'. I acknowlege that. But Arsenal are absolutely shite. I would rather make a judgement based on the results over the whole season as opposed to one match, and the league table clearly reflects and justifies my fucking disappointment.

I've spent too many years listening to people talk about how "we were unlucky". Bollocks. You get what you deserve. To think, our results in the league only merit us being 4 points ahead of Norwich fucking City, but people on here are more concerned with ignorantly batting on about how we hit the post a couple of times.

Can we stop with the 'Dalglish out' bollocks?

We should all want stability at our club, not chopping and changing managers every year.

He is not totally accountable for who we buy, FSG have always said that they, along with Dalglish and Comolli will make joint decisions in that regard.

We are doing a lot of things right. We have a very good back five, we have plenty of possession in games and play football on the floor more often than not. There is not much wrong, we just lack quality in the final third.

Let's back our manager and give him time like we usually do.

Can we stop with the 'Dalglish out' bollocks?

We should all want stability at our club, not chopping and changing managers every year.

He is not totally accountable for who we buy, FSG have always said that they, along with Dalglish and Comolli will make joint decisions in that regard.

We are doing a lot of things right. We have a very good back five, we have plenty of possession in games and play football on the floor more often than not. There is not much wrong, we just lack quality in the final third.

Let's back our manager and give him time like we usually do.

I pretty much agree but I've got to be honest I don't trust Kenny or commolli in the transfer market.

FrenchEyeGlass? Hmm now Why Haven't I seen That name on here before of late? Oh I know - Must be because we won something & were generally doing alright - New Name? Check, Insults those who disagree with it's point of view? Check. Doesn't show up when things go well? Double Check - Yep, I know right away what category You fall into by that checklist & your ignorant rant above quite clearly. Bet you were just Waiting for things to go wrong last week weren't you? Cowardly B*stard.

Now fuck off you coward faint hearted tosser who Calls himself a Red but only so he can moan because he's a b*stard WUM & once gone? Do us All a favour won't you & Never come back - We've enough Real fans to moan without importing a total w*nker like you who just embarrasses himself on here & gives our fans a bad name elsewhere - Go on!! Fuck Off & don't return - You're just an embarrassment which given some the idiots on here in the past? Is saying something............

NB Bobby Hundreds? Don't mind Kenny in the transfer market - It's Commolli that bothers me - He's like a kid whose just passed his exams & seems to Know his responsibilities in his new job but when actually facing up to them in person? Is completely overwhelmed - Just look at his reaction last week to the thought we'd actually Have to buy big after he intimated we'd do just that soon - Rabbit in headlights doesn't Begin to cover it...........