You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So by 'challenge' you mean 'try something new'?

If you listen to the difference between their latest album and their first, it's considerable.

I don't mind them. Very inoffensive, play instruments, write their own material and hold a decent tune. I don't own anything by them but got a few of theirs on spotify playlists. At the very least they kick the living crap out of anything that comes from the itv factory of shiteness.

I don't mind them. Very inoffensive, play instruments, write their own material and hold a decent tune. I don't own anything by them but got a few of theirs on spotify playlists. At the very least they kick the living crap out of anything that comes from the itv factory of shiteness.

Not sure if you know this or not but apparently coldplay performed at this years x factor final which pretty much sums them up.

I like them, seem like nice chaps and I own (and enjoy) all of their albums.

Some good tunes and some classics also.

Good on them I say, I happened (ahem) to see their set on x factor last night and they put on a fucking good show I thought, some cracking visuals to go on from their Glastonbury set, which I thought was the highlight of their career.

If anyone calls me gay or a retard for it then I'll shove my drumsticks up your arse.

(might be quite difficult to do over the Internet....but there you go)

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Go and drive your Ford Focus with your 2.4 brats in the back. Get a drive thru maccy ds on the way back from the giant ASDA, in your superdry t shirt and park up at your barratt home. And then watch "goals on Sunday" followed later by an all new Simpsons. To a coldplay

soundtrack. repeat, fade and die.

Are you dissing The Simpsons?

As for Coldplay, maybe they're not the most 'challenging' band in the world, but as a band who makes top singalong music that plays well to arena/festival type audiences, I don't think anyone does it better in the world at the moment.

They were fucking amazing at Glastonbury

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not sure if you know this or not but apparently coldplay performed at this years x factor final which pretty much sums them up.

Why does it sum them up? After 12 years, millions in album and concert sales, they appeared at Wembley on a show going out to 15m people. Yeah, proper X-Factor, ITV factory cunts.

They don't know what it really means to R.O.C.K to R.O.L.L

At least they're not Snow Patrol.

But they're not a rock and roll band though, I think even they would admit that and their tunes certainly reflects that.

Some good songs, have learned how to move on from being a bog standard indie band to put on a show in recent years and that's it.

Can't be easy playing stadiums everynight, not that I'd know but you have to have some balls to pull that off each time. Charlie Brown last night was a spectacle and a half on that show.

Worse bands out there in the charts. Coldplay are the least of our problems.

Edited by Juniper

They don't know what it really means to R.O.C.K to R.O.L.L

At least they're not Snow Patrol.

Snow Patrol used to be noisy punks. I saw em once many moons ago (supporting a band called Magoo) in a dingy club with about 23 other people in it. The lead singer/guitarist dude called the "crowd" a bunch of cunts because no one was really paying attention, and was headbutting the effects pedals in a rather amusing manner during their final song. Had a chat with him afterwards about what a bunch of cunts most people were.

Dunno what happened to them after that. Probably found out they liked money.

Yeah top band. Great to jam to. I still get goose bumps playing along with 'Spies'. However, for longevity, I can't go past Yes Music. Even after nearly 40yrs, 'Close To The Edge' and 'Relayer' take me to my special psychological place beyond desire and fear.

Edited by KopOut

no, because 1-2-3-4 was one of the most irritating pieces of shite ever. And if you disagree with that, you're going to get dry-negged hard. I've got her latest album, and it's better than previous, but still a bit meh. I do like her version of Secret Heart though.

1234 was the weakest song on The Reminder. But the album itself is quite good. Have only heard that first single from the new album, wasn't too impressed.

About Coldplay: I will always have fond, girl related memories of The Scientist and The Hardest Part. But all in all their typical songs are too samey samey, and their more experimental stuff seems contrived.

Snow Patrol used to be noisy punks. I saw em once many moons ago (supporting a band called Magoo) in a dingy club with about 23 other people in it. The lead singer/guitarist dude called the "crowd" a bunch of cunts because no one was really paying attention, and was headbutting the effects pedals in a rather amusing manner during their final song. Had a chat with him afterwards about what a bunch of cunts most people were.

Dunno what happened to them after that. Probably found out they liked money.

Sellouts!

• 4 weeks later...