You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

I want out for a drink with a girl last night and it was the second time we'd met. Out first date went really well, we has loads of easy conversation and a great laugh, stumbled across some cool live blues music, had a snog outside (with both of us sober and driving) and both went home with smiles on our faces.

She then said she didn't want to see me again because I wasn't over my breakup and she could see that I still wanted my wife back. True at the time.

Anyway, a couple of months have now passed and we arranged last week to go for a drink last night, and the night before she text me to say shed met someone, thought it was "the real deal" but would still like a drink with me as friends if I wanted to.

I accepted, and to be honest I was probably the most witty and charming I've ever been last night.

We connected really well, she definitely flirted throughout, and she at various times shook her head to herself which I took as her thinking she preferred me to this othe bloke she's met.

I asked a bit about him, noting at every response why it made him unsuitable or less compatible than me, intentionally acting a twat but on most occasions bringing at least a smile and on two occasions almost causing a beer spotting incident.

They've had 2 dates, haven't kissed and neither date has included alcohol. He's vegetarian so she's turning veggie too, he lives and works miles from her - 45 mins or more.

Ultimately, I think she's probably right that I'm not ready for the type of relationship and commitment she's looking for, but she's the only girl I've dates that I actually feel like this about. I fancy her, I think she's really interesting, I enjoy her company and I could see a future together.

Just wish if met her 6 months from now.

You'll meet someone better in 6 months

Turning veggie after two dates? Lucky escape there mate, sounds like a stalk machine.

Absolutely. Turning veggie before a kiss? Jesus, turning veggie before 12 years of marriage is some weak shit.

She had apparently had a spell as a veggie in the past so it's an easy jump for her.

Breaking development though: she's text me this morning saying she really does feel like she's head over heels for this other guy. I don't believe her but there you go, the chase ends.

She had apparently had a spell as a veggie in the past so it's an easy jump for her.

Breaking development though: she's text me this morning saying she really does feel like she's head over heels for this other guy. I don't believe her but there you go, the chase ends.

Send her a photo of a foot long cock with the caption "Your loss". Never have to say its yours like.

Text back saying 'Good luck, hope it turns out well for you' and she'll be gutted.  Proper headfuck shit that. 

• Upvote 3

Which means he earns a lot more than you do.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Breaking development though: she's text me this morning saying she really does feel like she's head over heels for this other guy. I don't believe her but there you go, the chase ends

Why tell you? why would you give a shit?...

a wide swerve...wants her cake and eat it!! nice is nowhere!

Women are bastards. They are so much more interested when you are seeing someone else.

This, I'm fucking shit with women but everytime I've tried the jealousy card, it's worked a treat.

I was trying to get fired into a girl at my work for about two years on & off (I was young & daft), then bang, I kissed her best mate in a nightclub & next thing I know I was going out with her & we ended up living together for three years. Every other time I've tried it, it's worked as well, it's one of the few predictable things about women.

• Upvote 4