You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

The only sex I got was from Match.com.  Not a single poke on POF or any of the other free ones.

I'm sure most of the women on POF are using it to pass the time during the week and then go out with their mates at the weekend and moan about men.

I'm out to pasture now.  I'm still with the Polish girl and got her pregnant pretty much the first time we had sex at the end of her period.

Not sure congratulations are in order.  It was unplanned for me.  Not sure it was for her.

Can't say I miss going on dates.  I do miss my free time.

The only sex I got was from Match.com.  Not a single poke on POF or any of the other free ones.

I'm sure most of the women on POF are using it to pass the time during the week and then go out with their mates at the weekend and moan about men.

I'm out to pasture now.  I'm still with the Polish girl and got her pregnant pretty much the first time we had sex at the end of her period.

Not sure congratulations are in order.  It was unplanned for me.  Not sure it was for her.

Can't say I miss going on dates.  I do miss my free time.

Caught in a trap and can't get out?

I would be asking for a DNA test to prove it your's mate. Similar thing happened to a mate of mine, he raised the boy for years until he found out she was preggars just before he met her, but the real father didn't want to know, so she trapped my mate.

Caught in a trap and can't get out?

I would be asking for a DNA test to prove it your's mate. Similar thing happened to a mate of mine, he raised the boy for years until he found out she was preggars just before he met her, but the real father didn't want to know, so she trapped my mate.

Suspicious mind you've got there, mate.

• Upvote 1

The only sex I got was from Match.com. Not a single poke on POF or any of the other free ones.

I'm out to pasture now. I'm still with the Polish girl and got her pregnant pretty much the first time we had sex at the end of her period.

Not sure congratulations are in order. It was unplanned for me. Not sure it was for her.

Can't say I miss going on dates. I do miss my free time.

You can't go on together.

• Upvote 1

So I'm single again. The girl with the dog didn't work out. I was looking forward to seeing the dog more than her.

I'm supposed to be going on a date with a girl I have known for 16 years... but I have a feeling she'll pull out.

Just as long as you remember to pull out if she doesn't.

Or as we say up here in Edinburgh, 'get off at Haymarket.'.

The only sex I got was from Match.com. Not a single poke on POF or any of the other free ones.

I'm out to pasture now. I'm still with the Polish girl and got her pregnant pretty much the first time we had sex at the end of her period.

Not sure congratulations are in order. It was unplanned for me. Not sure it was for her.

Can't say I miss going on dates. I do miss my free time.

Hope I'm totally wrong but when i saw bigbak say "i got her pregnant pretty much the first time i poked her" it reminded me of that story...there are some messed up girls in the world today (most of them are on online dating sites too!)

I meant the first time without contraception.  She'd stopped taking the pill and it was "after her period".

We'd been together three months by then.

I made sure she had cracking tits before I got trapped.

• Upvote 2

Great date tonight. Chatted to a girl on POF, found that while we live 40 minutes apart, we with 5 mins from each other, and she's never been on a first date before, having fallen into relationships with people she knew already, so I asked her out for dinner at a nice pub near our offices.

Great chat over lovely food, thought she was prettier than her pictures, which was a nice surprise.

Ended the date by walking to our cars and decidied the peck on the cheek I offered her should've been a snog, so went in. About 20 minutes later we were still snogging, only now we were pressed up against my car.

We both then drove off to a dark, secluded country lane where we continued where we'd left off and got up to all sorts.

A right spring in my step right now.

• Upvote 3

My 63 year old Dad has just joined Match.com.

My wife helped him with his profile last week, it sounded hilarious. He's got a date tomorrow afternoon, I hope it goes well for him but I fear he's exaggerated a bit (ie a lot) in his profile and may be up for some egg on his face.

• Upvote 1

Bob how do you always end up snogging loads you mad bastard.

Fair play and well done of course.

Last night I somehow managed to be simultaneously messaging 4 girls on POF and managed to get numbers for all of them and arranged 1 date. I felt like I'd put a shift of work in when I went to bed.

That's ace. What sort of exaggeration?

He's put -

Lives life TO THE MAX, that bit is actually in capitals. Unless you consider watching obscure football matchs and CSI Miami every night as TO THE MAX, then I think there is will a bit of disagreement.

Loves travelling & travels to his favourites of New York, Orlando & Boston often - He's not been to America since 2004 and he's only been to Boston & New York once.

Likes eating out & enjoys the finer things in life - Hmmm, if you class Frankie & Benny's or anywhere that does Hawaiian pizza's as the finer things....

He's already text me thinking she might be high maitenance as she has a big collection of designer handbags! She also enjoys sailing & the Opera - 2 things that I'll never, ever be able to see my Dad doing.

I shouldn't mock, I'm proud he's putting himself out there. My Grandad died in June and I don't think my Dad wants to be alone in his later years like he was. I'm sure at 63 its a scary thing to do & I do think whats in his profile is genuinely what he wants to be like, so I suppose it is something to aspire to.  He's due to retired soon and I think he obviosuly wants to enjoy himself, with somebody nice to do it with.

I genuinely hope it goes well for him. He's only really dated one woman very breifly since he split up from my Mum in 2002 and that was 5 years ago. If it goes badly, it'll knock his confidence & he'll be upset, which I don't want. I know people will big themselves up on these sites, it's like writing a CV for a potential employer and everybody stretches the truth a bit, but I'm just hoping he's not done it a bit too far.

• Upvote 4