You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

Been ages since I posted in this thread, and I don't remember posting this story so forgive me if its already been done.

Took girl from stables out to date at Japanese place in town called Etsu. My favourite restaurant in Liverpool. Said to her beforehand 'fancy trying Japanese?' (yeah guffaw). Told her its lots of fish and she was like 'oh ok I will try it!'

Got there and obviously a lot of fish. There was sushi with a king prawn on top of it and she looked genuinely shocked. She said 'What is that?'. I was like 'its a prawn'. She had that look about her like 'ehhhhh?' Then I had to explain what a prawn was and a lot of it was like 'no you've tried a prawn before, no you must have.. '

She didn't know what prawns were and had never eaten one. We shagged a few weeks later but knew we were not really on the same level.

Didn't know what a prawn was. Fucking hell.

Fookin. Prawns.

This post has everything.

Welcome back, my prancing pal.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've given that Plenty of Fish a go.

So far I keep getting into conversations with girls who answer your questions but don't bother to offer any back. This goes back and forth, maybe even with the odd laugh, but generally each response is one or two sentences at best.

The fuck is this shit?

If they weren't interested wouldn't they just ignore the message? I'd rather they did that to be honest. Like talking to brick walls so far, the big egoed fucks.

I've had one date with a nice girl that just wasn't right for me. The annoying thing about that is I knew pretty early on, but I'm too polite to make it obvious I weren't feeling it, so by being overly nice I actually end up giving off the vibe I'm into them. Felt bad about letting that one down when I got in.

Fuck everything.

• Upvote 1

Awful business.

Every bird is either a teacher or a nurse, which worries me.

Duck pout pictures aplenty, reckon it's just a vanity project for some of them. Bit of attention to keep them occupied on their phone.

Managed to get an Irish birds number, been texting this afternoon but she's very dull and still feels like trying to get blood out of a stone. What's with these women.

• Upvote 1

Awful business.

Duck pout pictures aplenty, reckon it's just a vanity project for some of them. Bit of attention to keep them occupied on their phone.

Managed to get an Irish birds number, been texting this afternoon but she's very dull and still feels like trying to get blood out of a stone. What's with these women.

I LOVE MY JOB!!! Great friends, great life, but it would be nice to share it with someone.

I like going out but I'm equally happy at home with a takeaway, a glass of wine and a DVD.

Wibble. And anyone who likes their job is a twat.

• Upvote 5

I LOVE MY JOB!!! Great friends, great life, but it would be nice to share it with someone.

I like going out but I'm equally happy at home with a takeaway, a glass of wine and a DVD.

Wibble. And anyone who likes their job is a twat.

Jesus. That's bang on.

They also LOVE to travel and want to go everywhere under the sun (not sure with who's money).

Pof is horrendous, probably because it's free. Guardian soulmates was the best but there's only about four people on it and at least three of them are you.

One of my mates was showing me some of the women on Plenty of Fish a while back.  One of them had obviously chosen a picture of herself that she liked - after all, she'd had an expensive hairdo and professional make up job - only teensy problem being she was wearing a wedding dress.

• Upvote 1

Awful business.

They've signed up to POF, mate. What are you expecting?

Fun date tonight with a lass that I might be distantly related to. Doesn't bother me but she was getting a but hung up about it. I told her there was I way I could stop her thinking about it, and when she asked how. I kissed her. I'm fucking smooth, me. Ended up snogging each other's faces off in the taxi back. Good fun.

luke-leia-star-wars.jpeg

I had murder with that site but a couple people have met their wives through it and another mate has had about 10 shags\birds off it.

My cousin decided that he'd meet a classier standard of lady with using a paid service and signed up to match.com, paid for 6 months subscription and within 3 weeks met his now wife who is a really lovely, down to earth, nice girl and with brains as she is a junior doctor, so I guess he was proved right