You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere already. Did anybody notice the banner right before kick off draped over the Upper Anny advertising hoardings? It just said ''MUFC 19 TIMES''.

Baffled at how it got in there. I can only assume that a United fan bought a ticket just to specifically show it off in the ground. It was up about 30 seconds before it fell down into the Spurs fans below.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably already posted but The millwall fans hired a plane to fly over the DW stadium in the 2nd half today with the words "abram grant millwall legend" on a banner.

Blackpool fans last week had two banners flown over Preston North End's ground as Preston were confirmed relegated. This was one:

3196619487.jpg

The other said "Poor little Preston, enjoy League One"

Then midweek, a Blackpool supporting producer on Countdown rigged the "Countdown Conundrum" so it spelled this out:

PNECRISIS-pne-crisis-countdown-blackpool-preston.png

I thought the plane stunt was pretty classless to be honest but the Countdown one is hilarious.

Guest davelfc

Then midweek, a Blackpool supporting producer on Countdown rigged the "Countdown Conundrum" so it spelled this out:

PNECRISIS-pne-crisis-countdown-blackpool-preston.png

I thought the plane stunt was pretty classless to be honest but the Countdown one is hilarious.

that's priciness.

Guest San Don

How the fuck does a manc get a ticket for one of our games when fan cards holders cant get one? Some serious shit, this.

Manchester-United-fans-007.jpg

Manchester United fans unveil '19 times' banner at Anfield

• Red Issue fanzine organises stunt before Liverpool v Spurs

• Getaway car was waiting outside the ground

Manchester United fans attempting to ensure maximum enjoyment is wrung out of the club's record-breaking 19th title took their cause to Anfield on Sunday, unveiling a banner inside the ground before the Reds' game against Spurs.

United clinched their landmark 19th title on Saturday, finally eclipsing Liverpool's total of 18, and the club's supporters went to great lengths to ensure those at Anfield were fully aware of that fact.

As Liverpool fans began their customary chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone, United fans, organised by the Red Issue fanzine, unveiled a banner emblazoned with the words "MUFC 19 TIMES" in the Anfield Road End of the ground.

Those responsible had a getaway car waiting outside the ground, plus fellow conspirators in the adjoining stand in order to get photographic evidence.

The banner-baiting between the clubs has a long history, with Liverpool fans' now famous "Come Back When You Have Won 18" banner kicking things off in 1994. United fans responded to that after clinching their 18th title last season and have now added another chapter to the ongoing rivalry.

Manchester United fans unveil '19 times' banner at Anfield | Football | guardian.co.uk

As I said before, I just find that a bit sad and pathetic. Just like I found the huge banner at Old Trafford about Man City's lack of trophies to be sad and pathetic (A banner I have no doubt will be replaced by one about our lack of league titles recently). As a club they seem to define themselves on what others do. I fully understand wanting to rub it in, and I’d fully expect to see banners like that when we play them, and that’s fair enough and what football is about. But to go to such efforts a few hours after winning the league instead of been out celebrating their own success is something I find very odd.

The Worlds biggest small club continues to proudly hold on to the title.

It really doesn't bother me. Blow it up, along with that monstrosity of a picture of Rooney's 19 shaved chest hair, and put them on the changing room walls at Melwood and Anfield. It should act as motivation to every player kicking a ball in Liverpool's name.

Let them have their moment in the sun, it's took them long enough. But it should also act as a reminder to this club that we cannot rely on others to stop them any longer, it's about time we took the bull by the horns and re-established ourselves as the kings of our 'fucking perch'. We've largely pissed about as a club for 20 years, enough is enough.

It really doesn't bother me. Blow it up, along with that monstrosity of a picture of Rooney's 19 shaved chest hair, and put them on the changing room walls at Melwood and Anfield. It should act as motivation to every player kicking a ball in Liverpool's name.

Let them have their moment in the sun, it's took them long enough. But it should also act as a reminder to this club that we cannot rely on others to stop them any longer, it's about time we took the bull by the horns and re-established ourselves as the kings of our 'fucking perch'. We've largely pissed about as a club for 20 years, enough is enough.

Well said pal :yes: