You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is right in the sense that Colorado cannot prevent him from being President. Their court has no Federal jurisdiction.

Only the primaries are controlled by the individual states in a POTUS election. They are saying he cannot appear on the state ballot.

Well of course. It's the Colorado state supreme call not the US supreme court. But the ruling excludes him from the presidential ballot in Colorado in a GE, even if he wins the nomination to be the republican candidate for president via primaries in other states. 

Just now, Mudface said:

If that decision stands and several other states do the same, that would effectively scupper his chances I guess as he wouldn't get any electoral votes from those states?

He's not expected to win Colorado I don't think. But if this happened in places where he could win or needs to win, I think that's definitely the case. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's not expected to win Colorado I don't think. But if this happened in places where he could win or needs to win, I think that's definitely the case. 

Yeah, I thought I heard Michigan and Ohio mentioned, but not sure about any others. I suppose it wouldn't fly in states like Florida and Texas anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you think? It's not how I see it. While I don't argue the democrats could probably do with a better option than biden, all this says to me is what masterful cult leader trump is. 

They did a poll a few weeks ago and it was from a proper organisation, neither left or right leaning.

Trump was beaten by the word "generic democrat" by 8 or 9 points.

Trump is also hated but he's less hated than Biden.

Long way to go and all these court cases will see Trump losing independant support. But it shouldn't be as close as it is and that's down to how weak Biden is.

• Upvote 1

Not-again GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Then-President Donald Trump personally pressured two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers not to sign the certification of the 2020 presidential election, according to recordings reviewed by The Detroit News and revealed publicly for the first time.

On a Nov. 17, 2020, phone call, which also involved Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Trump told Monica Palmer and William Hartmann, the two GOP Wayne County canvassers, they'd look "terrible" if they signed the documents after they first voted in opposition and then later in the same meeting voted to approve certification of the county’s election results, according to the recordings.

"We've got to fight for our country," said Trump on the recordings, made by a person who was present for the call with Palmer and Hartmann. "We can't let these people take our country away from us." 

McDaniel, a Michigan native and the leader of the Republican Party nationally, said at another point in the call, "If you can go home tonight, do not sign it. ... We will get you attorneys."

To which Trump added: "We'll take care of that."

17 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

She’s got those crazy eyes. That cunt would chop your cock off while you were sleeping and then act like nothing had happened when you woke up.

Pretty sure she fronts Aerosmith as well.

On 24/12/2023 at 08:04, TheHowieLama said:

Virginia the second state to run the 14th up the flagpole. Boones Mill VA shown here for reference.

r/Virginia - Boones Mill, VA - or “Trump Town” I guess. Drove past this and had to stop because… wow.

Michigan to be next.

Ah unlucky -- Maine beat them to the punch.

Maine barred Donald Trump from the primary ballot Thursday, making it the second state in the country to block the former president from running again under a part of the Constitution that prevents insurrectionists from holding office.

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows (D) is sure to be appealed. The Colorado Supreme Court last week found Trump could not appear on the ballot in that state, and the Colorado Republican Party has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case. The nation’s high court could resolve for all states whether Trump can run again.

On 24/12/2023 at 08:38, Section_31 said:

The confederate flag next to the US flag, er yeah.

I was in Virginia a few weeks back, as we drove from FL to Maine. We stopped off in Lexington The state is pretty much a shrine to the confederacy. All of the statues and monuments and places of historical significance are to do with confederate generals and other important figures from the South. It was weird. Cute town though, and the people were really nice to us and our dog. 

Interesting as fuck to be fair. The route we took was pretty much an American history tour. From Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginias seeing the remnants of the confederacy and its ongoing relevance, up into Gettysburg where Lincoln gave the famous address when the Civil War was all but won, then into Philadelphia and revolutionary Boston. 

They've gone through quite a lot as a country despite being only 250 years old! 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ah unlucky -- Maine beat them to the punch.

Maine barred Donald Trump from the primary ballot Thursday, making it the second state in the country to block the former president from running again under a part of the Constitution that prevents insurrectionists from holding office.

The decision by Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows (D) is sure to be appealed. The Colorado Supreme Court last week found Trump could not appear on the ballot in that state, and the Colorado Republican Party has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review the case. The nation’s high court could resolve for all states whether Trump can run again.

Are there any chances the Supreme Court will uphold these blocks?

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I was in Virginia a few weeks back, as we drove from FL to Maine. We stopped off in Lexington The state is pretty much a shrine to the confederacy. All of the statues and monuments and places of historical significance are to do with confederate generals and other important figures from the South. It was weird. Cute town though, and the people were really nice to us and our dog. 

Interesting as fuck to be fair. The route we took was pretty much an American history tour. From Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginias seeing the remnants of the confederacy and its ongoing relevance, up into Gettysburg where Lincoln gave the famous address when the Civil War was all but won, then into Philadelphia and revolutionary Boston. 

They've gone through quite a lot as a country despite being only 250 years old! 

TLW’s Grand Dragon here…

43 minutes ago, redheart said:

None whatsoever

Wouldn't be so sure. Supreme Court currently has a legitimacy crisis. It may well rule with a farer hand on these cases. Those conservative appointments aren't beholden to Trump because he appointed them. Their focus will be on the puritanical long game on issues like abortion, gender, sexuality, etc.