You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It's mad just how desperate they are for a city win. I would suggest more desperate than city themselves. They're a fucking sad, but extremely funny bunch. 

To be fair, and I dislike them intensely, we’d be the same and have been the same towards the Mancs and whoever they were playing not that long ago. Especially in a game of this magnitude. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Speak for yourself. 

Really? When the Mancs were winning pretty much everything in sight you didn’t have the same the thought processes our Blueshite brethren are having tonight? We were pretty much Utd obsessed back then. Don’t think you’ve quite got the handle on this thing,called ‘rivallry’. Even though the Blues do take it up a notch 

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Really? When the Mancs were winning pretty much everything in sight you didn’t have the same the thought processes our Blueshite brethren are having tonight? We were pretty much Utd obsessed back then. Don’t think you’ve quite got the handle on this thing,called ‘rivallry’. Even though the Blues do take it up a notch 

As I say, speak for yourself. I didn't want them to win, I still don't, but there's no way I'd be like how these blue bellends are, where the outcome of this game is more important to them than either of the competing teams. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

As I say, speak for yourself. I didn't want them to win, I still don't, but there's no way I'd be like how these blue bellends are, where the outcome of this game is more important to them than either of the competing teams. 

That’s not really true though is it? As I say, the Blueshite do step it up more than a few notches, but in the nineties when we didn’t really have much to cheer about, apart from the odd cup win, our focus was on Utd failure, I liken Evertons attitude towards us the las few years to our attitude to Utd in the nineties. Proper hatred. 

12 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

That’s not really true though is it? As I say, the Blueshite do step it up more than a few notches, but in the nineties when we didn’t really have much to cheer about, apart from the odd cup win, our focus was on Utd failure, I liken Evertons attitude towards us the las few years to our attitude to Utd in the nineties. Proper hatred. 

Your focus might have been on man united failure. Mine wasn't. I never want them to win a fucking thing, but what they're doing will never, ever come anywhere close to what we're doing. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

To be fair, and I dislike them intensely, we’d be the same and have been the same towards the Mancs and whoever they were playing not that long ago. Especially in a game of this magnitude. 

Speak for yourself. 

Edit - I posted this before seeing Barry's response.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I've never cared about a United result more than a Liverpool result.

I've never watched a United match that didn't involve Liverpool. 

I've never acted as if I support another team just because they happen to be playing United. 

I've never sung anti-Manc songs except when we're playing United. 

There's rivalry - and then there's bitter obsession.  I'll settle for the former and swerve the latter.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Your focus might have been on man united failure. Mine wasn't. I never want them to win a fucking thing, but what they're doing will never, ever come anywhere close to what we're doing. 

Erm , they overtook us on League wins. Don’t know how old you are but perhaps we might be different generations

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Erm , they overtook us on League wins. Don’t know how old you are but perhaps we might be different generations

They overtook our number of titles because we weren't winning the title. That was what I was concerned about: what Liverpool were failing to do, not what United were doing. 

Couldn’t give a flying fuck then or now what the shite or the Manc shite do unless it directly affects us. Don’t watch any games involving anyone but us or foreign leagues, haven’t for years. 

99% of my posts on this thread are about their stadium and their complete insane obsession with us. If they aren’t playing us, if it doesn’t impact on us, fuck them.

Some people need to let things go, it’s a game, these players don’t pay your bills, don’t give a fuck really with the odd exception. 

Life is too short, whatever your generation. Don’t let people try and put you down.

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They overtook our number of titles because we weren't winning the title. That was what I was concerned about: what Liverpool were failing to do, not what United were doing. 

and there is the answer. 

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They play Man City in a few weeks. Hopefully they lose a few more and drop down the table. Then we'll see if taking part is really all that matters. 

They're due to play them on the weekend of the League Cup final, and with City almost having a bye in the semis with Burton, that match is very likely to get moved to a date later in the season. The later in the season that game gets rearranged, and if we're still in the contention, the less likely it is that they will put any kind of a shift in (see April 2014 for reference).

• Upvote 2