You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

"So Benitez stuck a wet finger into the storm that was blowing around Anfield, captured the wind direction, decided his enemies' enemy was his friend, pulled back the Texas bedspread and jumped into the sack with Uncle Tom.

He phoned certain friendly journalists asking them to call their dogs off Hicks and turn them on Parry and Gillett. From now on, he said, I will only deal with one owner. His reasoning, he claimed was not self serving. Hicks was promising to give him a contract extension and cut Parry's balls off, which, in Benitez's eyes, was the only way the club could be saved."

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read it before on the MF, fairly outstanding really. As I said on there Kudos to him for calling it so early, but it's easy to say now. Back then his former employer the Liverpool Echo was saying G&H had the 'air of good people, of family people'.

I also think he overstates how much 'hostility' there was towards him on the matter too. He had not, as far as I know, ever been anything other than very highly thought of on these boards and among Liverpool fans in general.

Saying 'he must have been pissed when he wrote that' by its nature suggests I thought it was poor and therefore out of character, I probably thought it was an over the top article and not in keeping with what I'd expect from him. Otherwise I would have just said 'Reade is shit', as I - and many others - have said about countless other journalists in the past.

Read it before on the MF, fairly outstanding really. As I said on there Kudos to him for calling it so early, but it's easy to say now. Back then his former employer the Liverpool Echo was saying G&H had the 'air of good people, of family people'.

I also think he overstates how much 'hostility' there was towards him on the matter too. He had not, as far as I know, ever been anything other than very highly thought of on these boards and among Liverpool fans in general.

Saying 'he must have been pissed when he wrote that' by its nature suggests I thought it was poor and therefore out of character, I probably thought it was an over the top article and not in keeping with what I'd expect from him. Otherwise I would have just said 'Reade is shit', as I - and many others - have said about countless other journalists in the past.

Your parents must be very proud.

Do you get a mention Section?

Apparently so yeah. Because one of his earlier articles criticizing the yanks was posted on here and I said something like 'I reckon Reade was pissed when he wrote that'. Apparently this was symbolic of hostility to Reade in those early days.

Stick to slandering Tony Evans, Andy Heaton, Rafa Benitez and stop stalking me around the forum.

Though why you slander them on here rather than take it up with them on twitter or something baffles me. Coward perhaps.

Huang on a minute...