You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

How does Reade cover the meeting between SOS and Rafa when Rafa told the fans not to protest inside the ground?

Alonso burst through the door, blade drawn and ready for action. Before him he saw the evil Count Benitez, startled from a deep conversation with The Cabal Of Shadows.

"So Count, you thought you could outwit me, the Spanish Musketeer?" he cried, and cat-like he sprang forward and speared Benitez with his trusty foil. The satanic icon of evil cried out in pain, and fell to the floor dead. As the leaders of The Cabal rose from their seats, the dashing Alonso leapt from the second floor window.

His fall was broken as he crashed through the roof of a carriage. Steadying himself, he looked about him and found himself facing a bemused gentleman, dressed in a fine coat, fine britches, and with quite the most enormous wig sat upon his powdered head.

The gentleman smiled at the dashing adventurer. "Well hello. You're quite the action man, aren't you? Lovely beard. My name is Frode, a Norwegian traveller," said the stranger.

Alonso felt a deep, primal lust stir within his loins. He summoned his most winning smile, and the two immediately retired to a local inn to make sweet love.

Alexander Dumas eat your heart out.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support, appreciated.

Nice one

Nice to see you posting again UEM,

So you got the Chinese takeover wrong,

so fuckin what!!!

Look at how many ricks I've made on here,

I've made loads,

who hasn't?

take the bull by the horns,dust yourself down and get back posting,

Any Bellends/Blerts trying to give you any stick,

do what I do and give them a volley of abuse!!!!!

Edited by Durango

Stick to slandering Tony Evans, Andy Heaton, Rafa Benitez and stop stalking me around the forum.

Though why you slander them on here rather than take it up with them on twitter or something baffles me. Coward perhaps.

How do you take anything up with someone on twitter?

You can only use 140 letters for cryin out loud, I`d say its the worst medium ever if you have something you actually want to debate with someone.

so fuckin what!!!

I've made loads,

who hasn't?

In what respect did he get it wrong?

I enjoyed reading this. It seems like a balanced book to me, most characters in the story are painted in shades of grey, only Hicks&Gillett entirely in black. Although the writer seems sympathetic to Benitez, he's not afraid to write about his obvious mistakes. The same goes for Purslow, who is likened to the devil by many - in my opinion after reading this, it's a mistake. He also has some sympathy for Parry, while Moores is depicted as a very sad man.

And thanks to the LEGENDS posting on this site! You know who you are, and most will after reading this book!

Finished last night. Great read. It helped clear a few confusions I probably had over the last few years as well. The important thing was that it highlighted everyone's contribution which brought Liverpool to the edge. The cowboys just nearly pushed us off it. There was sympathy for the human side of Moores, Parry and Benitez but the professional mistakes were still something they had to account for. I've got a friend who supports Barcelona but he's extremely interested in reading it. This will help others understand the madness that was endured even before the takeover. Well done Reade!

Oh and it was pretty awesome reading about people I know and have spoken to. Haha. The contribution of SOS is obvious but I'm so glad the likes of Mick, Al, StevieH and the rest of the Kop Faithful boys were recognized as individuals with the big roles in some of the important events that saved us. So proud of you!

so fuckin what!!!

I've made loads,

who hasn't?

Think there's a huge difference in just calling something wrong John. If you come out on the forum and say we're going to sign player X, or player Y is being sold and it doesnt come to pass, then there's no real harm done. At most your ego takes a knock.

What Heaton did was play his part in Haungs PR campaign. He didn't just come out and say, 'I've heard there's a serious bid from Haung on the table' What Heaton did was play his part in actively trying to sell us the Haung bid. Why ? What was in it for him ?

I don't think there's anyone except a couple of people that don't know that Haung would have been catastrophic for this club.

Guest ShoePiss

China buys Liverpool.

It became the universal argument winner and for that I'm forever thankful to UEM.

Actually I think it would be great if you posted more on here UEM, this forum needs quality posters such as yourself.

China buys Liverpool, I win.

Think there's a huge difference in just calling something wrong John. If you come out on the forum and say we're going to sign player X' date=' or player Y is being sold and it doesnt come to pass, then there's no real harm done. At most your ego takes a knock.

What Heaton did was play his part in Haungs PR campaign. He didn't just come out and say, 'I've heard there's a serious bid from Haung on the table' What Heaton did was play his part in actively trying to sell us the Haung bid. Why ? What was in it for him ?

I don't think there's anyone except a couple of people that don't know that Haung would have been catastrophic for this club.[/quote']

Mick,the point I was making is that loads of posters have got it wrong in the past, he's not the first, and certainly wont be the last

personally I don't know the details "as to what was going on behind the scenes"

I merely making a point that it wouldn't stop me from posting simply for getting some "inside info" wrong.

If there was a hidden agenda I wasn't aware of that

That whole period stunk to high heaven.

China didn't even put in a fucking bid

I remember Tony Evans predicting Doomsday on Talksport the Friday the ''bid'' got pulled.

Thank God for Sir Martin Broughton. Where would we be without him today? Can't believe anybody in the right mind would want to criticise that man.

I remember Tony Evans predicting Doomsday on Talksport the Friday the ''bid'' got pulled.

Thank God for Sir Martin Broughton. Where would we be without him today? Can't believe anybody in the right mind would want to criticise that man.

Who's criticising him?

I only ever remember people criticising Broughton when the facts weren't clear and some thought he was working for the yanks etc. Since the court case i haven't heard a bad word said about him, on here or otherwise.

I only ever remember people criticising Broughton when the facts weren't clear and some thought he was working for the yanks etc. Since the court case i haven't heard a bad word said about him, on here or otherwise.

That loonybin PaddyBerger15 was criticising Broughton in his rant, and calling him a cunt.