You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Pepe leave what the fuck do we do

Guest simon

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was talking to a manc mate of mine about reina earlier.

He saw in the bbc gossip columns that the scum were in for reina so i basically told him to fuck off and that he wouldn't sign for them cunts.

Then he turned to me, with a completely straight face and said "tell you who'll be a good keeper for you lot......kusczack." needless to say i quite literally pissed myself. After i explained to him that kusczack is shite he then said these very words to me "what about ben foster (cue my questioning of his WUMness, he was deadly serious) paul robinson?..... " i just laughed in his face.

They really are a different breed

I think Wenger will give Schezsny one more year before going into the transfer market for a keeper. United need one but they haven't done business with us for years- can't see Slur coming in for Reina.

I can see him trying it on just for the wind up factor.

A couple of months ago this thread would have gone hysterical at the thought of losing our best player of the last few years. I wonder what's happened to make everyone so calm and rational.

Great keeper but if he wants to go then we show him the door. We are going back to the very top - with people who want to be here.

If Pepe wants to stay then great, we're in business. But we should never ever get in the position where we bend over backwards to accommodate a player who becomes disaffected.

Judging by the transfer window just gone, if Pepe goes (and from not even considering it a few months ago, I now think he probably will in the summer), Kenny will get all of the money to spend on a replacement. Also Reina is on a top salary here, so we would in my opinion be able to sign one of the established leading keepers in the world. And while CL football is obviously very important to the best players, it's clearly not the only thing - as has been mentioned, look at some of the quality a team like Tottenham have been able to acquire in recent seasons. Proving that if you have the cash and you can scout good players, you will be fine.

actually those that we perceive as good players may be actually below par in terms of helping the club to the top. Kenny may have other plans and spotted better players to replace them already.

Perhaps, kenny's given them the cold shoulder and hinted they are not wanted. I cant believe reina would want to leave the club after all the PR talk he gave. Ah well, few are truly loyal to our club. And kenny's one of them.

And personally I never like reina. Dont get me wrong he's better than most but just above average. He's never a real top goal keeper in the mould of jennings, schmi, brucie or clamence. This is because and if you really observe carefully, he cracks under big games....and especially when we are against the manc. I noticed that everytime and I knew he wasnt the right keeper for us. It only reveals his true feelings for the mancs - that they intimidate him. I dont like dat. I fucking hate the mancs. A true warrior will always relish the battle. To me mascerano or pre-injury torres is a greater loss.

actually those that we perceive as good players may be actually below par in terms of helping the club to the top. Kenny may have other plans and spotted better players to replace them already.

Perhaps, kenny's given them the cold shoulder and hinted they are not wanted. I cant believe reina would want to leave the club after all the PR talk he gave. Ah well, few are truly loyal to our club. And kenny's one of them.

And personally I never like reina. Dont get me wrong he's better than most but just above average. He's never a real top goal keeper in the mould of jennings, schmi, brucie or clamence. This is because and if you really observe carefully, he cracks under big games....and especially when we are against the manc. I noticed that everytime and I knew he wasnt the right keeper for us. It only reveals his true feelings for the mancs - that they intimidate him. I dont like dat. I fucking hate the mancs. A true warrior will always relish the battle. To me mascerano or pre-injury torres is a greater loss.

huh.gif

Thanks for letting us know that you are a Man Yoo fan. Don't you have a life?

I can see him trying it on just for the wind up factor.

A couple of months ago this thread would have gone hysterical at the thought of losing our best player of the last few years. I wonder what's happened to make everyone so calm and rational.

Torres leaving has done that.

Selling him to anybody shows a bad message. We'll have sold all of our best players in 2 years if we are to sell him in the summer. We arent a selling club.

I agree, but if he's set on going (and i think he is) then go he will. If that's the case then it must be abroad.

If he goes he goes, what we musn't do is repeat the mistake we did with Torres and that is to sell him to a Premiership club. Sends out a terrible message imo.

This. Although that being said, if Torres continues being shit, and Chelsea continue being shit. We won't need to persuade him to stay, we'll just tell him to look at Torres and ask him if the grass is greener.

This. Although that being said, if Torres continues being shit, and Chelsea continue being shit. We won't need to persuade him to stay, we'll just tell him to look at Torres and ask him if the grass is greener.

I would hope that we would have a more compelling argument than that.

Because that's fucking desperate.

I haven't really noticed your posts much before, but they're fucking annoying me today.

As long as we don't sell him to ManU , who will inevitably be interested since VDS is retiring, I don't care who we sell Pepe to providing (a) he wants to leave, (b) we have done everything to keep him, © we get over £20M for him.

No sense in keeping unhappy players but if I was in charge of the club, I would callously destroy their careers if they wanted to move to Man U by keeping them in the reserves for the remainder of their contract.