You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Pepe leave what the fuck do we do

Guest simon

He's such an influential figure in our team he takes charge of our defence and also acts as a sweeper keeper. As well as taking charge he helps them immensely. He is like no other keeper i know of and also one of the best we have ever had his commitment and enthusiasm is 2nd to none and I cant even remember the last time he was injured. I know we always seem to find good keeper replacements but none have taken to our game the way he has the way he controls the defence we have never had anything close our players are going to be so used to the way he plays that the next keeper we get is in deep shit. So how do replace him also by replacing him should we be looking at a totally new defence. You know what they say you cant teach a old dog new tricks. So who replace him. I am convinced he will leave if he doesn't and he stays he deserves to be made captain. I also think any team he moves to will take time to settle his ideal place would be Chelsea as Cech seems to have taken on a similar role although it don't work for him. It would for Pepe as thats who he is. Are there many sweeper keepers out there? Im scared of this day coming because w will be absolutely fucked without him. Id like to see Galucsi and Jones Taking note of how he works. I know its been done but thats in the MF. Also what price do you think would be fair. With our current position and where we could finish Would we be able to replace him?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we buy a new keeper. Nobody is irreplaceable, Liverpool will always move on and its as simple as that.

Who with? Who would join a none cl side. My point is he's more than a keeper. The defence rely on him immensely. What other goalkeepers offer the same.

Light up, take a long draw on that fucker, and go ...

Meh, we wont miss him based on his form this season. Simplistic, but that's football, simple.

How much?

How about this, We'll GIVE Arsenal £10m and Reina if they give us Wilshire.

I'd come after you with an axe.just kidding but I'd be furious.

I wouldn't be particularly arsed. As long as we get the right money for him (£20+ million) and he doesn't go to a domestic rival, it's all good. I'm not arsed about us losing anyone if they want to leave, as long as the owners continue to show ambition in replacing them.

Suarez and Carroll did.

Mate Carrol come from Newcastle I'm not saying we aint attractive. I'm saying we will have no chance of signing the likes of Neuer or Llorris

Who with? Who would join a none cl side. My point is he's more than a keeper. The defence rely on him immensely. What other goalkeepers offer the same.

who'd join a non cl side? quite a few players.Tottenham have attracted good players without the lure of cl football who were good enough. They're just one example. If we sold Pepe, the keeper we'd replace him with will probably not be as good as him, but its about improving the team as a whole. It doesn't matter if Pepe was superman with a shit defense in front of him he's going to concede. Obviously i hope Reina stays hes a fantastic keeper, but the idea we'd be lost without any player with a window to make further recruitments is nonsical