You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beckham to Spurs

Randy Marsh

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he signing for them or whats the story with it now?

Definently a commercial idea, sell a few more shirts and boost their profile. Spurs have absolutely no need for him at all. Even though they've sold Bentley they have better options they could play at right wing than Beckham if Lennon is out

Is he signing for them or whats the story with it now?

Definently a commercial idea, sell a few more shirts and boost their profile. Spurs have absolutely no need for him at all. Even though they've sold Bentley they have better options they could play at right wing than Beckham if Lennon is out

Now, now. Old floppy jowls has been quite clear about this not, I repeat not, being a stunt to sell more shirts.

Arrys probably selling them out of the back of his van as we speak.

The ole wheela deela.

SteveH has posted a Mirror article on the transfer thread that reckons the Beckham deal has faltered. Harry will be spitting mad at the cash he's put into producing blag shirts for his secret network of market stalls.

Even when Spurs are doing well on the pitch, they're still a joke off it. What a pathetic bit of nonsense from Redknapp. When Beckham trained with Arsenal it was just mentioned and that was that. Spurs have to turn it into a media event.

That's exactly what it appears to have become. He loves to hear himself talk does Redknapp.

Redknapp cannot function without talking about bringing players in, even when he says he doesn't expect any movement in the transfer window. He has aspirations for the England job, but given that he wouldn't be able to wheel and deal, I think he'd overcompensate by handing out caps like confetti. Bechkam would do well to actually show more commitment to LA Galaxy and tune his body into preparing for their season rather than based on the European calendar. By constantly going on loan and training around Europe he's making his MLS move look more and more pointless.

Ah right, I thought perhaps I'd missed that news. Where is he likely to be heading to then? I heard Villa mentioned before Xmas.

Think Birmingham is where hes headed. Don't know if anyone else has come in for him in last few days though. Seemed to be fairly advanced last time I read about it.

Ah right, I thought perhaps I'd missed that news. Where is he likely to be heading to then? I heard Villa mentioned before Xmas.

Birmingham I think. Think his mrs was complaining about it taking too long or something on twitter apparently.

I thought Bentley sign for Birmingham on loan ?

I see this Beckham deal might still happen, after days of 'he will' 'he won't'. Personally think the league's too fast for him now and he'll get caught on the ball a fair bit. He's only going to play about eight games anyway. In which time Spurs will drop a first team player to accommodate him, and then have to call on this first team player when Beckham fucks off.

Pointless.

I thought Bentley sign for Birmingham on loan ?

I see this Beckham deal might still happen, after days of 'he will' 'he won't'. Personally think the league's too fast for him now and he'll get caught on the ball a fair bit. He's only going to play about eight games anyway. In which time Spurs will drop a first team player to accommodate him, and then have to call on this first team player when Beckham fucks off.

Pointless.

Beckham is at Spurs training ground which is not too far away from where I live.

Decent signing to have on the bench to come on and change games.

Spare a thought for our old friend, Davey, who thinks Beckham should chase him....

Everton manager David Moyes reveals he wants to sign David Beckham - Telegraph

Should Beckham decide that the lure of playing in the Premier League again is too much to resist, Moyes could not be clearer that he would do all he could to bring the player to Merseyside.

“I would hope that if David wanted to come he would pick up the phone and call me,” said Moyes. “I worked with him at Preston. We played in the same team and I made him look good. I made his bad crosses OK. I think I scored from one of his corners by making his bad passes look good.

“If he wanted to come back to the Premier League he would only need to phone me or Phil [Neville, the Everton captain] and we would be here for him. He knows how to get hold of Phil and he knows how to get hold of me.

"We would have to look into it financially, but if he came and said to me I would like to come and play I would have to go to the chairman and ask if we could do it, if we think we can make it work by selling enough shirts.”

I guess you and Phil are both still waiting for that call, eh?

The Beckham signing is a big risk for Spurs in my opinion. Spurs are going well, Lennon is playing really well and if trying to fit Beckham in to the mix fucks things up no one will laugh harder than me. You only have to look at the circus that it has turned in to so far; he is the biggest media whore known to man.

Decent signing to have on the bench to come on and change games.

Maybe 10 years ago.

This is the reason why i hate the guy. He can do all the ads in the world and wear sarongs etc i don't care about that but when it comes to shit like this and does his annual 'who will take me for 3 months purely for my marketbility cos i have no shame in that'.

Even in his prime, he couldn't tackle, head the ball, he had no left foot, didn't score very many goals and his free kick rate was atrocious.

He might have crossed the odd ball, but fuck me I could cross the ball given the same chances he had.

I don't know what he ever offered. Vastly, vastly overrated.