You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thank You Roy Hodgson

paulb1

Nah. I haven't forgotten Wolves and all the other shit he came out with.

Glad he's gone, thanks for nothing.

Surely thats a two way street he didnt exactly get any love coming the other way.

He was obviously out of his depth and was very much under pressure when he said those comments.

I would have sacked him before that game but thats a different issue

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He jumped at the chance of a nice payday and to be the willing asset stripper.

Any football man would've told the 2 Cunts to fuck off.

I only ever had the stomach to listen to him once and he came over as quite a nasty character.

He never had the quality to last a day. Anyone of integrity would just say "we're not as good as we were because we keep being forced to sell players and not reinvest".

Instead, he talked shite about the club, the 2 Cunts, Rafa and the fans.

Turdslow in a tracksuit really.

And now he's straight off to rip off the fans for another scumball chairman

Guest davelfc

Thank you? Fuck you more like. He insulted us, he insulted everyone around him. Held everyone else to blame for his failure.

For this he gets a golden handshake from the club.

Fuck you Roy Hodgson, you created a right mess, you made us a laughing stock you ignored our traditions and you almost killed our love of football.

Yeah, fuck you and the horse you rode to town on, never darken our doorstep again.

I wish Roy well whatever he does or whoever he takes over next. No hard feelings towards the fella. If Kenny says Roy is an honest man with loads of integrity then who are we to argue? By all means question his ability or lack of it but to question his integrity as some have is not on.

He took over in the most trying circumstances imaginable, I thought he would be able to get things back on an even keel but he cut a lonely figure from the start as he only brought some old fella from Fulham with him who was a Goalkeeping Coach and the rest apart from Sammy were all doctors and physios. The change of owners, the people who appointed him whatever the rights or wrongs of it not being at the club anymore and no CEO in place in his time here didn't help his cause either.

Ultimately not good enough and a lot of that is down to Roy himself but he tried his best and the people who were in the middle of the Rafa/Roy rows who said he wouldn't be good enough you have my respect but hopefully Kenny can help us climb the table and take one game at a time and see where we end up.

A man who took over in almost impossible circumstances and failed. There's no question he was the architect of a significant proportion of his own downfall and ultimately proved - and as good as admitted - that the job was too big for him. However, that doesn't make him a cunt; it just makes him the last in a long line of incorrect decisions by the previous regime. I'm glad he's gone, but I wish him well.

We now have an entirely clean slate at every level of the club. Let's make the most of it. Come on you Reds!!!

just to dismiss the bollocks of him being left with a shite side and it all being Rafa's fault our current squad contains

the best keeper in the league

Englands right back

Portugal and Brazil's central midfielders

Holland's right winger

Steven Gerrard

England's best player between 2005 and 2008 in Joe Cole

the best striker in the world

a key member of Argentina's squad

Carragher a club legend, Agger and Skrtel who have both got a lot of potential and have lived to it at times, Soto who is solid

Aurelio, a key part of the 08/09 team

Nothing to thank him for and I found myself actually starting to dislike him as a person towards the end. He's gone, and that's the right decision. In fact the right decision would have been to never employ him in the first place. I don't even count him as having been here. Not in a harsh way or anything, but I see him as the managerial version of Phillipe Deggen - brought in for reasons we couldn't figure. Clearly no good, and so was shipped out without much of a ripple.

Guest TK-421
QW670-=_)*54WQ

&W3620? F4=1#4444, 3~ 2~~S 489G f^&y-AD7(!!!!

:wallbutt:

Surely thats a two way street he didnt exactly get any love coming the other way.

He was obviously out of his depth and was very much under pressure when he said those comments.

I would have sacked him before that game but thats a different issue

I agree it's a two way street and patience was in too short supply for many Reds. There were polls on here showing more than 50% wanting Rafa out at the end of last season, and more than 50% wanting Roy out after about 4 league games. The numbers don't add up and I said so at the time - wanting him gone after four league games was wrong. Of course, many never wanted him here in the first place but I think the point about Liverpool fans collectively losing patience is valid - two managers leaving in 6 months is testament to this.

But by 2011 it was clear he wasn't going to turn it around and his habit of insulting the fans and other professionals in his increasingly bizarre interviews quickened his fate.

As has been said I can't 'thank' him as during his spell as our manager he did nothing for us to be thankful for.

However I can repeat what KD has said in the last 24 hours about it - it is sad that Roy who is a good man and has integrity left the club in the way he did. But really he had to.

You see the way KD has reacted is the Liverpool way -dignity and class and tbh I think some so called Liverpool fans have not acted in that way (even in this thread). I think Roy's post match Wolves comments were the final nail but in some ways I can understand him feeling that way - it can't be nice coming to work each day and feeling that many of the people you are working hard for do not want you there and did not want you there from day one. The way to rectify that situation tho is to try to build bridges, get rid of any misunderstanding and listen a lot to what your critics say - not to slag them off in public. Major major rick Roy from which it was impossible to come back - but really the main reason you had to go was the on field performances - nowhere near good enough - you know that and so do all of us

I would not be at all surprised if he went on to manage somewhere else and did well -its just that LFC was the wrong club at the wrong time for him - and I'd be happy for him if he did - as long as they did not beat us!! There are certainly managers I dislike a lot more than Roy Hodgson - SAF, BFS, Jose, Bruce, Warnock and others too.