You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been going on for ages and I cannot understand how people do not realise this.

How many penalties have been given against Man Utd at Old Trafford in the past ten years? Only a handful, and the ones that have been given were mostly meaningless. And here we are, four games into the season, already with at least 5 decisions gone against us. And whoever tells me that the Frimpong dismissal went in favour of us clearly did not watch the Arsenal match. He should've been sent off within the first 20 minutes of the game. And our first goal was NOT offside.

They are either extremely inept (and by some massive coincidence are biased against us) or corrupt. It's either one or the other.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Neither was a penalty

and the refs have been instructed recently (maybe 2 years ago?), if a player uses his arms to make his body bigger to make a block and the ball strikes his hand, it should be interpreted as handball. yesterday, that was handball.

So they are only bent when we lose or draw? Big fucking yawn to that.

Like the players, they will make mistakes. It happens.

I don't think they're bent, just totally incompetent at times. People say "they're only human", but they're paid a decent wedge to get these things right. There are some decisions out there that they just shouldn't be getting wrong.

Saying that, Webb is bent as a nine-bob note.

I don't think they're bent, just totally incompetent at times. People say "they're only human", but they're paid a decent wedge to get these things right. There are some decisions out there that they just shouldn't be getting wrong.

Saying that, Webb is bent as a nine-bob note.

It's like me going to work as a surgeon and accidentally pulling out someone's aorta and pissing on it.

"ah, he's only human".

They aren't corrupt they're just weak. They're generally either homers or favour the big teams, although we were fucked over against Sunderland. Ferguson prays on their weaknesses in a way he can't do to European refs.

Get a crowd at them and they weaken. Look at Everton at Goodison. They appeal for absolutely everything and as the game goes on it gets them decisions.

I think there's a fair amount of corruption in the PL.

Stoke's penalty wasn't a penalty in my opinion, but we should have had a penalty. Therefore (can't remember who was refereeing our game yesterday), but we should have won the game at least 1-0 (by that, I mean, Stoke shouldn't have got the penalty and we should have got ours).

The fact we were so dominant in the second half, and had Suarez taken his chance, it was a game we could've/should've comfortably won.

TBH, it was embarassing losing to Stoke yesterday.

Anyone watching Norwich West Brom? Identical incident to Carra's and nothing given. This league is a fucking joke.

That is what gets on my tits the most with the refs. The inconsistency in refereeing across the PL on any given weekend. Take 2 games and you are almost certain to see similar instances given different punishment. One will get a freekick and in the other it will be a card and a freekick. Or what is a yellow card in one game is given a straight red in another etc. If refs would be consistent across the PL, we would have come a long way in solving most of this imo.

That is what gets on my tits the most with the refs. The inconsistency in refereeing across the PL on any given weekend. Take 2 games and you are almost certain to see similar instances given different punishment. One will get a freekick and in the other it will be a card and a freekick. Or what is a yellow card in one game is given a straight red in another etc. If refs would be consistent across the PL, we would have come a long way in solving most of this imo.

Refereeing - the latest form of postcode lottery....except L4 didn't buy a ticket. Anyone remember the last time we saw an out-and-out-homer at Anfield. For all my yelling and bawling I still don't seem to have swayed a refereeing decision in our favour.

Already this season, we've seen.....

Richardson not seeing red when Suarez is on the point of sticking the ball in the net

Carroll's goal disallowed for the slightest of contact on Ferdinand (no law in the book that says 'contact' = foul)

Bolton goalie picks up backpass - no foul

Knight ankle taps Suarez - no pen

Arsenal's only clear chance comes after Arshavin barges Kelly to the ground

Stoke - that's been debated in a number of threads already - my point would be that there were three, arguably four situations (Etherington kicked Skrtel so hard in the penalty area that he had to go off for treatment..... last time I read the rules, a kick = foul) which were shades of grey....... NONE of them went in our favour.

I don't go for the conspiracy theory, but it feels like we've pissed someone off in a big, big way.

Last season felt as if it went pretty much the same way. If there's any truth in the old addage about these things evening themselves up, I just hope it starts soon.

Refereeing - the latest form of postcode lottery....except L4 didn't buy a ticket. Anyone remember the last time we saw an out-and-out-homer at Anfield. For all my yelling and bawling I still don't seem to have swayed a refereeing decision in our favour.

Already this season, we've seen.....

Richardson not seeing red when Suarez is on the point of sticking the ball in the net

Carroll's goal disallowed for the slightest of contact on Ferdinand (no law in the book that says 'contact' = foul)

Bolton goalie picks up backpass - no foul

Knight ankle taps Suarez - no pen

Arsenal's only clear chance comes after Arshavin barges Kelly to the ground

Stoke - that's been debated in a number of threads already - my point would be that there were three, arguably four situations (Etherington kicked Skrtel so hard in the penalty area that he had to go off for treatment..... last time I read the rules, a kick = foul) which were shades of grey....... NONE of them went in our favour.

I don't go for the conspiracy theory, but it feels like we've pissed someone off in a big, big way.

Last season felt as if it went pretty much the same way. If there's any truth in the old addage about these things evening themselves up, I just hope it starts soon.

Slur is bitter enough, and hates us enough, and is rich enough to easily have a Cayman Islands crooked ref slush fund (allegedly). These fucking refs know what time it is, especially when it's Fergie time.

There's probably a masonic lodge for Bent Refs and ginface is the Master Mason answerable only to The Great Architect himself.

Untill robots or computers are oficiating there will always be human error everyone will make a mistake once in a while. What pisses me off is that the interpretation of the rules is inconsistant.

Also pisses me right off when you here about refs training with teams or block paving a chairmans driveway etc.

Complaining about refs is small time.

Yesterday some decisions went against us, move on. Refs are human and make mistakes, much rather that than them being little more than on pitch arbiters of video refereeing.

Mate join back me in the MF haha.

How so? We were shafted yesterday, shafted against Sunderland. If it wasn't for refereeing errors we'd be played: 4 won: 4

How so? Penalties can be awarded - and missed. And who is to say what new chain of events may have occured?

We need to be good enough to beat Sunderland and Stoke without moaning about refs.

Untill robots or computers are oficiating there will always be human error everyone will make a mistake once in a while. What pisses me off is that the interpretation of the rules is inconsistant.

Also pisses me right off when you here about refs training with teams or block paving a chairmans driveway etc.

Tell you what though, I would love to see what the iffirdanabinfers would blame it all on then.

Complaining about refs is small time.

Yesterday some decisions went against us, move on. Refs are human and make mistakes, much rather that than them being little more than on pitch arbiters of video refereeing.

As Kenny said, we've had quite a few decisive ones go against us in these first four games.

Richardson should have been off in the first game and Cattermole made an atrocious tackle from behind on Adam. Frimpong should have gone early on in the Arsenal game. We were denied at least two penalties against Bolton. And some yesterday. These are just off the top of my head, so there could be even more.

Obviously not all of them were not as decisive, and we should have managed to score on our own yesterday, but the standard of referees has been declining over the last five years or so and it's not only us that are complaining. I don't think refs are bent, I just think they are very poor these days. I can't think of one ref I could say was a decent one, while back in the day there were always some that at least were acceptable.