You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackpool (away) - 26/12/10

JohnnyH

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Roy is fucked if this is called off. These look hopeless at home so even taking into account how dismal we are away its a chance for him to show something away from home. After that its Wolves and Bolton at home and two away games which we'll lose against Blackburn and Man Utd, I dont think even 2 home wins would save him when we lose the aways.

Get it called off!!

It will be a tricky game as Blackpool show no fear. They will attack us and unfortunately we will let them, as we'll sit back when we don't have the ball.

Now this is fine if we were good on the counter attack - but we aren't.

It would be fine if we could keep the ball for large periods and stamp our authoirty on the game - we haven't done that this season in any game, in my opinion.

So you have to think we are going to struggle.

I could do a team I'd want to see, but what's the point? So I might as well do what Roy will probably play. I think we'll see this, if the game goes ahead:

----------------------Reina-----------------------------

Johnson------Soto---------------Skrtel----------Konchesky

Kuyt---------Lucas-------------Meireles-------------Maxi

-----------------------Gerrard---------------------------

------------------------Torres---------------------------

Would I play Torres, Kuyt or Konchesky? - No, not on form. I wouldn't even play Soto in this game at centre back over Kelly, as I think Blackpool play good football on the dec, when I've seen them. But that's the team I think we'll see and we might win if Gerrard or Torres spark, as even though we don't keep the ball well, Meireles will find Gerrard with possession - it is just whether him and Torres can ignite their, at times in the past, unstoppable partnership. But I doubt it looking at the Torres of this season.

Prediction - 1-1 draw.

Guest San Don
Blackpool CEO already saying that there is a good chance this will be called off, but we may as well discuss it.

So, it's an away game......

Anything else?

Cant find anything about that. The spurs game wasnt called off due to the pitch, that was playable. It was like us the areas around the ground that was the reason for the game being off.

Anyway, we need 3 points. anything less will be a disaster for us imo.

Cant find anything about that. The spurs game wasnt called off due to the pitch, that was playable. It was like us the areas around the ground that was the reason for the game being off.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Roy Hodgson inspired management.

He did a phone interview on Sky Sports News mate. He stopped short of saying it would definitely be off, but he didn't sound in anyway promising.

Guest San Don
They've no undersoil heating so if the temperature stays as they are predicting then when they take the cover off the pitch, it'll freeze before the game is over making it unplayable. It's the temp not the snow that will cause the game to be cancelled.

The temperature in Blackpool is reckoned to be above freezing from Thursday onwards. Blackpool have warm air blown under the covers so, as long as the temp stays above freezing when they take the covers off, the game should be ok. This depends on the forecast being right and Blackpool clear away the snow around the ground.

Blackpool temperature forecast - Met Office