You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So The Dreaded Work Email Fuck Up Has Finally Happened

Anubis

An so it has come to pass that I join the ranks of the stupid plebs who have been caught out by sending an email to the wrong person at work.

We have moved building and I now work in an open plan office. I'm sat opposite one of my female colleagues who, though a nice enough person, is a pain in the arse to sit opposite in work mode.

Anyhow, one of the lads is sitting at the desk section behind her. She has her back to him. I'm facing him. Everytime he sees her badgering me he makes funny faces/actions behind her back trying to make me laugh.

Said female is allegedly shagging one of the local barristers. So tonight, just before hometime, she's badgering me and he's making actions behind her. So I send him an email. It reads "Is holding your nose and going down your impression?"

Except I'm talking to her. The main focus of my concentration is her. And milliseconds after I hit the SEND button I realise that the name of the recipient I've picked out is......

She asks me about it. I act innocent and say I've sent it to the wrong person as I was concentrating on her. Even as the conversation turns back to other things you can see the change in her face.

I know it's about her. She knows it's about her. She knows that I know that she knows it's about her. Ok, she hasn't made anything of it. Yet. And she struggled manfully to not let it register on her face, even though it was obvious. But it's our departmental night out next Friday, and you just know she's going to get pissed and tackle me.

Fuck fuckitty fuck fuck.

All things considered, that's not as heinous as posting about f******l on the GF.

I used to work for an insurer years ago, and someone was organising a surprise party but only went and emailed the entire office, of course including the person who's surprise party it was meant to be. I realise that's not as grave as the above problem.

our fat ugly grassing facilities lady sent an e-mail out a few years ago detailing upcoming 'company events'. I have a habit of forwarding peoples e-mails to my mate after editing the words somewhat for a bit of a chuckle. anyway, reading the emails, hit forward, editied it (quite brutally, calling her a fat waste of space, hairy armed cunt, useless time consuming bitch.....) then forwarded it back to her. walked away from my desk, got half way down the office floor when i realised, tried re-call - too fucking late. went straight to my boss who (thankfully howled with laughter) told me he would sort it. 2 days later sat in-front of hr , loss of bonus (£745 quid), final written warning and told that she wants to get me fired and is trying to take it further.

needless to say, I still edit e-mails, i'm just a bit more careful.

Think the worst thing I've said in work was to the cleaner.

"When is it due?"

It wasn't due. It was too much beer.

Good luck sorting this one out, SM.

I once forwarded an e-mail which included some disparaging comments I made about them to a third party and then claimed it was a mistake, when it was in fact an entirely deliberate act undertaken for my own amusement. Other than that, I'm pretty careful.

I haven't done it by mail, as I am ultra careful. But I have made a few slips in the old chat windows. It's a risk when you have yer ma and mates on the same chat client.Haven't done anything massively wrong, but my Mum is a proper lady (Think Hyacinth Bouquet) and doesn't like swearing and I never swear in front of her. I sent her a single message "Cunt". I quickly realised and sent the remainder of an imaginary message, something like "seem to find the address for Aunty Peggy, do you have it?" and followed up with a "Sorry, that should be "Can't", terribly sorry, what an awful slip".

Winged it.

I had to wing it again when my son, who was about 5 at the time was speaking to her and asked if she wanted to hear an impression. He did father Jack and told her to feck off. I grabbed the phone and pretended nothing had happened, kicking bishop brennan up the arse style.

Im sure there must also be a few stories on here of sending a text to the wrong girl??

I have sent a messege to a mate explaining how fit the new girl was in work. At the same time thinking I must make sure I dont send this to the Mrs.....What did I do? yes..She wasnt best pleased.

my advice is dont do it.

We were once talking about a lass in another site and I said she looked like the 'Someone here is a murderer' Hamster video / GIF. I think it had been on Rude Tube that weekend.

Anyway, to prove my point, I find the said GIF, type the lasses name in the subject bar and send it.

Doing the same as the original poster, when thinking about it I her in the subject bar, I also copied her in on it.

It was a long afternoon that day, thats for sure.

Also once, I ran our 5-a-side team and e-mailed a the team out one week and had dropped a lacking in ability but ever present player. He e-mailed me back moaning about it. I sent a mail to my mates laughing about it and accidently copied him in too.

He never played for us again. No loss though as he was shite.