You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bobby Charlton on SSN

WaltonRed

Hes invited all the miners who are stuck underground in Chile to a Manc game when they are all up and sound aswell. Said his arl fella was a miner and just wanted to get involved in helping the fellas out like.

I think hes been prompted on that one though. The Mancs are masters at exploiting any publicity to involve themselves and this just reeks of it to me.

Hes invited all the miners who are stuck underground in Chile to a Manc game when they are all up and sound aswell. Said his arl fella was a miner and just wanted to get involved in helping the fellas out like.

I think hes been prompted on that one though. The Mancs are masters at exploiting any publicity to involve themselves and this just reeks of it to me.

You cynic

I am sure his intentions are genuine but other peoples at the club might not be.

Fair fucks to him, a lot of our own ex players can fuck off.

Why? because they weren't asked by SSN to comment? Because the major media outlets didn't consider their views as newsworthy? Yes, jump on them for playing for the club, giving their all to give you pleasure and then not being your own always-available puppet. After all you've done for them!

Why? because they weren't asked by SSN to comment? Because the major media outlets didn't consider their views as newsworthy? Yes, jump on them for playing for the club, giving their all to give you pleasure and then not being your own always-available puppet. After all you've done for them!

Behave.

He's not on about SSN, none of them bar aldo showed for the jefferies video, none showed at the demo in town.

They're copying us with that. We sent down a message offering them seats an Anfield for a game of their choice.

They sent a note back up reading "Will Konchesky and Poulsen be playing?"

When we responded that they would, another note came up which read "We really better just spend time with families when we surface."

I'm sure manc fans would rather he spoke out against those yanks in charge of their own club.

Don't you think that's exactly what he is doing, in a circumspect manner?

Sir Bobby is a board member at United, so he's hardly in a position where he can directly criticise the Glazers. But what he has done is to criticise owners of a rival football club who have behaved in pretty much exactly the same way.

Also he's coming from a time before the relationship between LFC and United was so poisonous, he'll remember how LFC aided United after Munich by loaning players so they could fulfil their remaining fixtures, and that Matt Busby was a former Liverpool captain.

I'm sure manc fans would rather he spoke out against those yanks in charge of their own club.

Could be another reason to speak out to be fair. If our Yanks win and the doomsday scenario plays out, it could set a precedent for them being utterly fucked once bacon face retires and if they have their equivalent of our 2009/10 season it could set in a similar chain of events.

Don't you think that's exactly what he is doing, in a circumspect manner?Sir Bobby is a board member at United, so he's hardly in a position where he can directly criticise the Glazers. But what he has done is to criticise owners of a rival football club who have behaved in pretty much exactly the same way.

I agree, but look at the criticism of Kenny not speaking out earlier.

That lot would feel pretty much the same way I'd imagine.