You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Poulsen slated in Denmarks biggest newspaper

Chippo

Poulsen got 0 out of 6 after his performance against Portugal yesterday. That translates to "find another sport". The second worst player got 2.

Morten Olsen, the Denmark boss, wont rule out taking the captancy away from him either.

Thank you Roy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed Poulsen for many years and think he has proven over and over again that he is a great football-player. He has probably been the best danish player in the last ten years and was brilliant in both Schalke and Sevilla. I thought it was very clever from Hodgson to sign Poulsen because he usually is a clever player who is good at connecting the defence with the more attacking players.

However, I think he has been absolutely awful since the World Cup and it keeps getting worse and worse. Last night against against Portugal was almost embarrasing to watch. He gave away two goals and did nothing who should be expected from a national player, - or from a football player at all.

At the moment it would be stupid to play him because either he has a serious crisis or maybe the phrase "over the hill" actually fits for once.

I have followed Poulsen for many years and think he has proven over and over again that he is a great football-player. He has probably been the best danish player in the last ten years and was brilliant in both Schalke and Sevilla. I thought it was very clever from Hodgson to sign Poulsen because he usually is a clever player who is good at connecting the defence with the more attacking players.

However, I think he has been absolutely awful since the World Cup and it keeps getting worse and worse. Last night against against Portugal was almost embarrasing to watch. He gave away two goals and did nothing who should be expected from a national player, - or from a football player at all.

At the moment it would be stupid to play him because either he has a serious crisis or maybe the phrase "over the hill" actually fits for once.

Rooney had a sudden "crisis" at the world cup which has affected his form this season.

Has Poulsen been caught shagging whores too then?

Are the Danish version of NOTW about to expose him?

Poulsen got 0 out of 6 after his performance against Portugal yesterday. That translates to "find another sport".

Let's hope he follows the advice. How this clown is getting a game ahead of Lucas is one of those enduring mysteries.

Let's hope he follows the advice. How this clown is getting a game ahead of Lucas is one of those enduring mysteries.

Well maybe its cos Lucas is not very good either - ever thought of that - V Bham away when they both played = sideways passes, never getting forward, giving unnecessary fouls away - all the usual LL stuff.

Personally I felt that (sorry to go against the crowd here) Poulsen was OK in his first few matches - I did not see the Utecht game on TV as I had a meeting I had to go to that night and the B'pool game after knowing the result I could not bring myself to watch it so I have not seen what from all acounts have been CPs worst displays - but I do trust what almost all of you say and do believe that he must have been very poor.

However I do not like hearing LFC fans slating a player like this so early in his Anfield career -he may come good one day as he has had times in his career when hes played well - calling him shit ...etc is not exactly going to help.

The truth is that we do not have good options in centre midfield - neither Lucas, Poulsen or Spearing - and Meirieles is not being played there for reasons best known to RH - personally I'd like Shelvey to be a lot nearer the team - sub and getting time on the field as he looks promising.

I'm leaving him to be honest. Has joined a club with serious problems, and if you think about it, it can't be easy playing with us right now. Would rather wait until around december/january time before working out how he's doing. I personally don't think he's done well so far, but if you imagine a good player having a bad run, would that make them shit? Hope things get better for him, it's almost like he's the new Lucas, and he's also playing the holding role, what a co-incidence.

Give the guy a couple of months at least, playing for us isn't easy right now.