You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he goes. I think in the small amount of time he has been here he has shown a total lack of ambition and more negative football than I can remember seeing.

Number 3 with less ethics than me! I'm only joking mate.

I'll stop this number thing now, just a bit of fun!

Yeah so is snubbing someone else's direct question to you but then horses for courses, each to their own, boys will be boys etc.

I'm not snubbing you at all, I have no problem answering questions and debating things with people, it's why I come on here. You clearly think that you're superior to me though based on the language and tone of your posts so I think it's pointless even engaging with you about it.

1 or 2!

;-)

Haha. I wouldn't have been all over Kenny. Or anyone i rated. I'm near sure i put a few names forward in the summer who I thought could do a good job.

Just never rated him good enough to be our manager, Brownie.

I think the opposite of your last point is also true, some people who really wanted Rafa gone would've taken almost anyone and now have to defend the new manager when it's looking like he's out of his depth.

I'm in number 2.

Which is pretty much where this club will be if we leave this tosser in charge for much longer.

Clean sweep, thanks for steadying the ship Roy by ramming it into a jetty, but we never wanted you, you're out of your league, you're fired.

Guest davelfc
I'm in number 2.

Which is pretty much where this club will be if we leave this tosser in charge for much longer.

Clean sweep, thanks for steadying the ship Roy by ramming it into a jetty, but we never wanted you, you're out of your league, you're fired.

I draw the line at calling our manager names. It isn't clever and hardly adds to the discussion.

Haha. I wouldn't have been all over Kenny. Or anyone i rated. I'm near sure i put a few names forward in the summer who I thought could do a good job.

Just never rated him good enough to be our manager, Brownie.

I think the opposite of your last point is also true, some people who really wanted Rafa gone would've taken almost anyone and now have to defend the new manager when it's looking like he's out of his depth.

You're definitely a 2 I would say mate I was just having a bit of fun! Your last point is probably fair as well so i'll add that on haha.

I'm not snubbing you at all, I have no problem answering questions and debating things with people, it's why I come on here. You clearly think that you're superior to me though based on the language and tone of your posts so I think it's pointless even engaging with you about it.

Rubbish mate. You didn't want to debate anything which left you with a remainder of looking down your nose at me, that's why you wrote the word 'son' .

People have seen how he did Brown, you put 6 months time limit on it and leave us with a irretrevable situation leaguewise, you created that notion of 6 months, but why 6 months, why not 6 years, that's what Rafa had after all, it's only right Roy should be given the same time length to win the league?

Because as Jose Jones put it earlier, you need to see signs of improvement and hope. We haven't seen those yet. Being in the bottom three after six months, after showing no signs of improvement or hope for the future, would be unacceptable.

Being 9th after improving from being 18th and showing that you're getting better and better, is also not particularly acceptable but the trend shows an upward curve so you'd be mad to make a change.

That's why the next three months are important, in my view. I don't put a timescale on it and stick to it regardless of the evidence, that would be stupid.

That's all it boils down to mate if we're all really honest. You could probably put people into five categories:

1) Those who didn't want Rafa to be sacked and thus would be all over the replacement manager if he started poorly.

2) Those who didn't want Hodgson because they didn't rate him.

3) Those who didn't see Hodgson as their first choice but were prepared to wait and see how he did.

4) Those who really like Hodgson and wanted him to come in because they have faith in his abilities.

5) Those who hated Rafa and didn't care who took over.

I'm number 3 and that's probably why i'm in disagreement with a lot of people on this thread who seem to either be in 1, 2 or 3 (but who judge people on short periods of time).

It's as simple as that to me.

Really? :whistle:

Because as Jose Jones put it earlier, you need to see signs of improvement and hope. We haven't seen those yet. Being in the bottom three after six months, after showing no signs of improvement or hope for the future, would be unacceptable.

Being 9th after improving from being 18th and showing that you're getting better and better, is also not particularly acceptable but the trend shows an upward curve so you'd be mad to make a change.

That's why the next three months are important, in my view. I don't put a timescale on it and stick to it regardless of the evidence, that would be stupid.

Your making it up as you go along now, 3 months but not putting a timescale on it, you either back him, which to me means backing him for the season, barring emergency bottom 2 placing sackings or you give him like a month, the next game, the length of his contract clause option or you've already seen enough and want him wacked. People say give him 10 then 15 then 20 games and before you know it here we are at least have the courage to have some convictions on him, if you don't know Roy by now, if you don't know him, you will never never never know Roy, no, you won't. It's 35 years, his wife knows he aint gonna grow a 14 inch donger overnight, sop why must we persist with the pecker? I've had enough.

Your making it up as you go along now, 3 months but not putting a timescale on it, you either back him, which to me means backing him for the season, barring emergency bottom 2 placing sackings or you give him like a month, the next game, the length of his contract clause option or you've already seen enough and want him wacked. People say give him 10 then 15 then 20 games and before you know it here we are at least have the courage to have some convictions on him, if you don't know Roy by now, if you don't know him, you will never never never know Roy, no, you won't.

Three months because it's then the transfer window. If you don't have faith in the manager then you can't give him money to spend.

Stop being a dick.

That's all it boils down to mate if we're all really honest. You could probably put people into five categories:

1) Those who didn't want Rafa to be sacked and thus would be all over the replacement manager if he started poorly.

3) Those who didn't see Hodgson as their first choice but were prepared to wait and see how he did.

4) Those who really like Hodgson and wanted him to come in because they have faith in his abilities.

Brownie while I admire your desire to generate fair debate surly this classifying people into closed categories will only end up in more tribal warfare. Very few of us can fit within nice neat boxes.

Brownie while I admire your desire to generate fair debate surly this classifying people into closed categories will only end up in more tribal warfare. Very few of us can fit within nice neat boxes.

I know mate, it's just a bit of fun that's all. I'm just trying to simplify the argument because to me it is that simple.

Roy is decent bloke and anybody calling a 'cunt' or other is bang out of order.

He simply isn't good enough. His track record said it and his results so far have been rank. But worst of all are his press conferences.

When he arrived there was a lot of indifference anongst the supporters but most of us were giving him a chance. Initially, his interviews were fine but that is because we were a bit sick of rafa's same sound bite message (opportunities, compact, controlled the game, balh blah).

Reality, he had come into the club at a time of high uncertainty and quickly started deflecting responsibility to others i.e. transfers, etc.

Now his interviews are fucking embarrassing. As a fan I am looking to hear the manager get his team up for it. Instead I hear him say things like 'if' we win, we 'might' lose and other fucking wet lettuce, uninspring bollocks.

It is clear Gerrard likes him. Type of manager who will take time out to talk and put his are around you - opposite to Rafa. I would go as far as saying that like the Groucho Marks quote ' I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me as a member,' I would paraphrase ' any manager that Steve G would have as Liverpool manager I would steer clear.'

The sunshines out Stevie's arse as far as I am concerned but this adulation is Steven Gerrard, footballer palyer, LFC. Not to pick the manager of Liverpool.

Hodgson style doesn't work with the international players we have at the club. Even if strings a few wins together (starting tomorrow), after a few conversations with him the new owners will realise he is not the 'winner' that we need in charge of the team.

I would want nothing better than him to prove me wrong, string good results until Christmas, get a few players in January and get back in champions league. I just can't see it. Sorry.

Finally, if he did say that presumably they would have to pay up his three contract then he sees himself as 'dead man walking' already. And maybe reveals his motivation for taking the job, if it doesn't work out then I will get £6m and retire to the south of france. Last big pat cheque. This statement shows his mentality, everything he says shows his uncertainty. This feeds into the players and is reflected in their game.

Brownie while I admire your desire to generate fair debate surly this classifying people into closed categories will only end up in more tribal warfare. Very few of us can fit within nice neat boxes