You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

Dates eh ? Absolute bollocks. Not once did he mention one single date.

Again, show us a quote.

You cant can you.

Go watch the Hodgson unveiling press conference again if you really seriously have doubts about the fact that the process is running behind the dates that were aspired to.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post links to the quotes so I might read them for myself.

He wont mate, wasting yer time. He has had ample opportunity to back up his claims and instead asks us to prove him wrong by scouring the interweb for press conferences.

Sums him up really. Makes a claim and then has the audacity to tell us to prove him wrong.

Twat.

I am off to bed now but some serious questions you might want to debate tomorrow

1 Why the fuck doesnt anyone want to buy Liverpool FC

2 With no buyer in sight what do RBS do is it really in there interest not to offer Hicks and Gillet an extension.

Sweet dreams, Russian time

I am off to bed now but some serious questions you might want to debate tomorrow

1 Why the fuck doesnt anyone want to buy Liverpool FC

2 With no buyer in sight what do RBS do is it really in there interest not to offer Hicks and Gillet an extension.

Sweet dreams, Russian time

Depends how desperate Mr Osborne is of getting RBS off the government books, would RBS risk a complete bankruptcy and get nothing? And I think the Premier League might actually be key in this. It depends how much RBS want this debt, how true the demand was back in April when re-financing and interestingly enough in that Telegraph article it looks like that happened back in July.

What intrigues me about everything is that Liverpool still seem to be spending money, I know were getting it back in but Hodgson is selling when he wants to buy which hardly looks like a ship that's doomed.

This will go on and on. The people selling don't want to sell.

Well it's about time that the people who hold the power (RBS) forced their hand.

It's simple pay your loan or sell up,what's known as "ye can't have ye cake and eat it".

As King Emlyn says "nimps"

I don't think that Huang playing his hand so blatantly in the media is necessarily the sign of a charlatan. I think he was trying to generate the sense amongst supporters that he was the best guy in town - and then using that to pressure the decision makers into short-cutting some of the process, ultimately in his favor.

If what appears in the press today is true, it seems the problem was Broughton insisting on keeping options open up to the last minute. Given that there was a lot of negotiating still do with Huang - it's a long way between showing you have credible investors, to demonstrating that you are the kind of buyer we are looking for - this seems a sensible approach. Why give cast iron guarantees that we would not consider a better offer, should it come in?

I think Huang was interested, but wanted it too much on his terms as he knew that, the longer it drags on, the more the vultures will start to circle, the less chance he would have of getting the deal he was after. It was quick or nothing, and Broughton didn't blink. Longer term, I think we'll benefit.

RBS won't force the owners hands while we can afford to pay the debt.

Aside from penalty fees, is there any article or figures showing we can't pay the existing debt?

I thought the accounts showed as much when they were published earlier this year? The debt can't be serviced, which is why it's growing. And that was while we were making a net profit in the transfer market and had CL income.

Next year's accounts is going to be real grim.

I don't think that Huang playing his hand so blatantly in the media is necessarily the sign of a charlatan. I think he was trying to generate the sense amongst supporters that he was the best guy in town - and then using that to pressure the decision makers into short-cutting some of the process, ultimately in his favor.

If what appears in the press today is true, it seems the problem was Broughton insisting on keeping options open up to the last minute. Given that there was a lot of negotiating still do with Huang - it's a long way between showing you have credible investors, to demonstrating that you are the kind of buyer we are looking for - this seems a sensible approach. Why give cast iron guarantees that we would not consider a better offer, should it come in?

I think Huang was interested, but wanted it too much on his terms as he knew that, the longer it drags on, the more the vultures will start to circle, the less chance he would have of getting the deal he was after. It was quick or nothing, and Broughton didn't blink. Longer term, I think we'll benefit.

I agree. We made a rushed decision in 2007 and look at the consequences.

I trust Martin Broughton to take his time and make the correct decision.

I thought the accounts showed as much when they were published earlier this year? The debt can't be serviced, which is why it's growing. And that was while we were making a net profit in the transfer market and had CL income.

Next year's accounts is going to be real grim.

Thanks.

I thought the debt was only growing with these ridiculous penalty charges? I hold my hands up that I understand very little of the financial side, as any articles I read seem contradictory and I wouldn't know where to begin with the club's accounts.

Broughton is a Chelsea-fan. Of cource he didnt want to sell to Huang and CIC. Liverpool would become a better team then Chelsea, and the current owners would get less back. Of course Broughton, who is hired by Gilletts friend dont want that.

Broughton is a Chelsea-fan. Of cource he didnt want to sell to Huang and CIC. Liverpool would become a better team then Chelsea, and the current owners would get less back. Of course Broughton, who is hired by Gilletts friend dont want that.

Maybe, just maybe, not everybody is as narrow-minded as some on this board, just a thought.

It might still all go tits up, but it wont be because Broughton has hatched some evil conspiracy to send Liverpool down the drain.

Yeah, we were doing great until he came.

"And then there were none.

Posted on August 21st, 2010 by Anfield Road

A statement from Kenny Huang and QSL on last night announced that he had formally withdrawn from the process to sell Liverpool Football Club to new owners. Huang said: “I am now considering my future options and will be making no further comment at this time.”

this was posted on this is anfield-what does the first line mean? Huang and qsl have formally withdrawn from the process to sell LFC to new owners?

To me unless ive read it wrong does that mean Huang has pulled out but his backers are still interested? maybe with a new front man

Well it's about time that the people who hold the power (RBS) forced their hand.

It's simple pay your loan or sell up,what's known as "ye can't have ye cake and eat it".

As King Emlyn says "nimps"

RBS exist to make money, from their relationship with LFC, they are making money, alot of it, so why call it in ?

Especially when 40,000 odd fans still travel to anfield each week to fill the yanks pockets.

If this is serious as we all say, that the very future of teh club is at stake, then its about time those who can, the ST holders and regular match goers take the only action that will work and boycott the games.

If LFC fans cant decide to boycott Hicks and Gillet to force them out, why the hell should the banks, who are making a tidy profit ?

Its our, the fans issue, noone elses and blaming the banks, Hicks n Gillet or whoever misses the point.

DOnt go to the games, they will leave.

RBS exist to make money, from their relationship with LFC, they are making money, alot of it, so why call it in ?

Especially when 40,000 odd fans still travel to anfield each week to fill the yanks pockets.

If this is serious as we all say, that the very future of teh club is at stake, then its about time those who can, the ST holders and regular match goers take the only action that will work and boycott the games.

If LFC fans cant decide to boycott Hicks and Gillet to force them out, why the hell should the banks, who are making a tidy profit ?

Its our, the fans issue, noone elses and blaming the banks, Hicks n Gillet or whoever misses the point.

DOnt go to the games, they will leave.

We need a guerilla group. 1000 men to ring Anfield and refuse anyone entrance. I will fly over for it, SOS where are you?