You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

Holloway said he was given this deal as his wages at Blackpool were much lower than the industry standard.

He seemed to indicate that this situation,while not exactly common practice is not unheard of either.

To me it sounds like a massive conflict of interest as the manager usually gives the ok on which players can leave.

If a manager feels hes on his way out then whats stopping him selling a player to earn a few bob before he goes?

Sounds a bit like what Redknapp did with Crouch when moving from Director of Football to Manager and therefore losing 5% of future transfer fees.

I know a serving manager personally who is managing currently and has managed in the top four tiers, he tells me that such arrangements are common.

No manager has the final say on arrivals or departures, that is always the Board's call.

It does make sense to incentivise managers to buy players, improve them, and make the club a profit. (It may also be wise to balance that out against losses!)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get all the Harry Redknapp vitriol shown on here. I like him. He's not the sharpest tool in the box but he's in professional football so he doesn't generally need to be. He's generally good value in interviews and he doesn't mind saying who he's after and who he's not, which is a refreshing change from the usually guarded nonsense you see from most other managers. He's done a fucking great job at spurs making them realistically competive for a top 4 spot and making them great to watch. In the grand scheme of all things football the amounts we are talking about here are absolutely fuck all - a few days pay in the top flight.

I hope (probably in vain) that he gets off. I'd much rather watch him being interviewed than the vast majority of other managers in the league, including the sometimes ridiculously evasive and over-defensive manager of ours.

I really don't get all the Harry Redknapp vitriol shown on here. I like him. He's not the sharpest tool in the box but he's in professional football so he doesn't generally need to be. He's generally good value in interviews and he doesn't mind saying who he's after and who he's not, which is a refreshing change from the usually guarded nonsense you see from most other managers. He's done a fucking great job at spurs making them realistically competive for a top 4 spot and making them great to watch. In the grand scheme of all things football the amounts we are talking about here are absolutely fuck all - a few days pay in the top flight.

I hope (probably in vain) that he gets off. I'd much rather watch him being interviewed than the vast majority of other managers in the league, including the sometimes ridiculously evasive and over-defensive manager of ours.

Its got nothing to do whether he's good value or not. ( There are plenty worse than him giving interviews every week) . The likelihood is that he has cheated on his taxes and at a time when millions of poeple are struggling with falling living standards and cuts to services a rich bloke such as him should get off with it isn't acceptable. Yes there are others probably a lot better and brighter at it than him that havent been caught

yet but that's no excuse.

Its got nothing to do whether he's good value or not. ( There are plenty worse than him giving interviews every week) . The likelihood is that he has cheated on his taxes and at a time when millions of poeple are struggling with falling living standards and cuts to services a rich bloke such as him should get off with it isn't acceptable. Yes there are others probably a lot better and brighter at it than him that havent been caught

yet but that's no excuse.

I really don't give a fuck. If he's guilty he's get what's coming to him. As a bloke and football manager, I like him. Most of the attacks on him on here have been anything but moral outrage at his alleged tax affairs.

Mr Beasley said he paid a source who was "absolutely not" a member of City of London Police or HM Revenue and Customs.

In one of the recorded conversations, Mr Redknapp said "one day Rob, I'd like to know who done it" and "make sure I reward you...treble strong".

this was a bit telling..

Good post and I agree with most of it apart from the last paragraph, surely you know why Dalglish treats the press with the distain they rightly deserve?

You only have to look at the difference in the way Suarez and Terry have been treated to know why Kenny acts the way he does with the press. They deserve nothing from LFC. Not now, not ever.

I do agree 'Arry is harmless for the most part and the game would be poorer without him.

I really don't give a fuck. If he's guilty he's get what's coming to him. As a bloke and football manager, I like him. Most of the attacks on him on here have been anything but moral outrage at his alleged tax affairs.

I used to like him, but the constant "I like player x, but he's not our player. If he comes available then of course I'd be interested" bollocks that he spouts is fucking out of order.

I'm not a fan of the media, so the fact that the media fawns over every move he makes is sickening. Do you remember when Rafa was in his last season and we lost to Reading? The interviewer tore into Rafa that night (as were most of the press on a continuous loop), but the journo's started Redknaaps PC on the Friday, with " Are you alright Harry? You look a bit down."

No one ever questions anything he does, or the way he goes about his business. He's a great man-motivator you say? Ask Darren Bent or Pav what they think. Not saying I'm right, but just trying to lay it out there.

I do agree 'Arry is harmless for the most part and the game would be poorer without him.

A bit like all his previous clubs after he left them?

Of course that's not all down to him, as his previous chairmen, CEOs and various agents are all complicit in things going tits up at all his previous clubs. But they obviously didn't feel he is the incompetent buffoon he's portrayed himself as in recent weeks, and thus trusted him and went along with his suggestions when it came to player transfers and such like. They would have placed sufficient trust in him that he knew what he was doing, because he knew what he was doing. If he really was an incompetent buffoon who needed guidance to wipe his own arse, he would never have been allowed to become a manager or even take a director's role. Football often defies all logic when it comes to management and administration, but even total idiots would get found out straight away.

A bit like all his previous clubs after he left them?

Of course that's not all down to him, as his previous chairmen, CEOs and various agents are all complicit in things going tits up at all his previous clubs. But they obviously didn't feel he is the incompetent buffoon he's portrayed himself as in recent weeks, and thus trusted him and went along with his suggestions when it came to player transfers and such like. They would have placed sufficient trust in him that he knew what he was doing, because he knew what he was doing. If he really was an incompetent buffoon who needed guidance to wipe his own arse, he would never have been allowed to become a manager or even take a director's role. Football often defies all logic when it comes to management and administration, but even total idiots would get found out straight away.

Harry spent the money he was given. You don't think Rafa would have done the same? The CEO and owners should have been watching the purse strings.

I know a serving manager personally who is managing currently and has managed in the top four tiers, he tells me that such arrangements are common.

No manager has the final say on arrivals or departures, that is always the Board's call.

It does make sense to incentivise managers to buy players, improve them, and make the club a profit. (It may also be wise to balance that out against losses!)

I stand corrected.

Its obviously a very common practice then. As for the board having the last say on transfers,the manager could easily stop picking a player or two and make the board decide to transfer said players rather than continue to pay his wages.

Harry spent the money he was given. You don't think Rafa would have done the same? The CEO and owners should have been watching the purse strings.

You seem to have completely missed the point I just made! Let me answer by asking you a couple of questions:

- If Harry really was the clueless idiot he's painted himself as in recent weeks, then how exactly would a succession of club owners, chairmen and CEOs have agreed to consistently provide him with a budget and let him manage their club?

- How would a man who claimed to be so financially inept he didn't have a clue how much he was earning from his other activities (such as his newspaper column) demand* an employment contract that, among other things, allowed him to profit from player sales?

*I say 'demand' because no club owner or chairmen would readily offer such terms just like that. Such terms would have been part of the contract negotiations.

You seem to have completely missed the point I just made! Let me answer by asking you a couple of questions:

- If Harry really was the clueless idiot he's painted himself as in recent weeks, then how exactly would a succession of club owners, chairmen and CEOs have agreed to consistently provide him with a budget and let him manage their club?

- How would a man who claimed to be so financially inept he didn't have a clue how much he was earning from his other activities (such as his newspaper column) demand* an employment contract that, among other things, allowed him to profit from player sales?

*I say 'demand' because no club owner or chairmen would readily offer such terms just like that. Such terms would have been part of the contract negotiations.

I'm not denying he's guilty for tax evasion, I think he's up to his neck in it in fact. I completely agree there's no way he's as stupid as he's making out. I quoted Unrighteous before saying the same.

You don't do as well in life as he has by not being able to read or write and do some maths. His defense is bollocks and it looks like he's in a world of pain.

I just think he's a nicer manager than Ferguson or Mancini, or some others for that matter.

The best one you havent mentioned either.

He was given a race horse free which seems a very strange thing and costly thing to give someone,that is until the person who gave him it only happens to be a players agent.

He has a property center as well which is caught up in some big row over the building of houses as well.

It also puts into perspective all the player in s and outs that happens when he takes over at a club.

Hes been doing this for years and is probably the reason he changes clubs pretty often.

Plus all this I cant write and read etc is going to be bollocks as well.

There is noway he as a player and manager for so many years kept that fact hidden.

It would of been public knowledge along time ago as either a team he has shit on or a ex player who didnt like him, would of dropped that one into the press.

Unless his dog done his team sheets as well.

I'm not denying he's guilty for tax evasion, I think he's up to his neck in it in fact. I completely agree there's no way he's as stupid as he's making out. I quoted Unrighteous before saying the same.

You don't do as well in life as he has by not being able to read or write and do some maths. His defense is bollocks and it looks like he's in a world of pain.

I just think he's a nicer manager than Ferguson or Mancini, or some others for that matter.

I dont think Mancini can be compared to whisky nose at all. Mancini is just out of his depth and reacting accordingly.

What's the actual punishment for this anyway, if he's found guilty?

Surely he'd just have to pay it back? In the big scheme of things, a hundred grand is small potatoes to him isn't it?

That's why I think he's innocent as well. £100k is fuck all to him and he was offered on at least 5 occasions to just pay it and fuck it all off but he basically told them to go fuck themselves? At least that's what I was told anyway. I can't be arsed reading facts and stuff.

I think he's alright is old 'Arry as well. Good bloke, loves his footy.

So what, even if he did fuck the taxman. Who wouldn't love to do that?

He probably pays way more tax in a year than most of you bums will pay in your whole working lives. If he's managed to squirell a bit away with a big fuck you to the Tax Man, then fucking good luck to the saggy faced old boy.

What's the actual punishment for this anyway, if he's found guilty?

Surely he'd just have to pay it back? In the big scheme of things, a hundred grand is small potatoes to him isn't it?

That's why I think he's innocent as well. £100k is fuck all to him and he was offered on at least 5 occasions to just pay it and fuck it all off but he basically told them to go fuck themselves? At least that's what I was told anyway. I can't be arsed reading facts and stuff.

I think he's alright is old 'Arry as well. Good bloke, loves his footy.

So what, even if he did fuck the taxman. Who wouldn't love to do that?

He probably pays way more tax in a year than most of you bums will pay in your whole working lives. If he's managed to squirell a bit away with a big fuck you to the Tax Man, then fucking good luck to the saggy faced old boy.

Jail.

Fuck the sloppy-faced twat. People like Redknapp always think they're entitled to their little backhanders, and little perks - the type of backhanders and perks that would make a significant difference to the lives of the majority of the population. It's not like he isn't well rewarded for what he does anyway.

We've had a few greedy-twat MP's convicted. Redknapp next. And then onto a few banking twats.