You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an incredibly honest fella isn't he?

It's very refreshing to hear.

I don't want this in any way to sound like a dig at the last two managers, because it isn't, and nor is it xenophobia. But it is good to hear a straight talking English manager. Houllier and Benitez spoke excellent English but it's never the same and I think at times they couldn't always get their exact point across.

I do think it makes a difference, but it also helps that he's just a very no-nonsense sort of person who just wants to get on with things.

I hope we can sort out the Mascherano situation ASAP as it's not helpful. If we've got potential replacements for him lined up then we need to move fast before someone else gets in there.

Maybe one day we'll have a summer where all our business is concluded by the end of July. Even in our 'big spending' days of Moores and Parry we were always scrambing about at the end of August.

A reasonable amount, they've been reporting the 90k 3-year deal situation. I do think that Gerrard has been pushing for it as every word he said to the media at the WC seemed to be backing Cole in some way. So, who knows, maybe we will get another big signing.

There has to be new signings imminent. We just sold Insua and Yossi from a squad that was almost bare bones as it was, there's no other option. Unless Cecil is really going for outing himself as the person that's completely fucked the club up inside the next few weeks. We have to sign players. I'm guessing at two by the time friday arrives. The question for me is more about which players are on their way...

Some of our World Cup players didn't even play any fucking games!

:thumbup:

Exactly -- so Pepe can play at least, and Carra and Maxi didn't see much playing time if I remember well. Of course, Babel was not used, but I hope we can sell him first.

World Cup players were still training near enough daily. They'll still want a decent rest, just because they weren't playing an extra 60-90 minutes a once or twice a week.

So the answer is to buy players in the French squad, Roy! ;)... I mean Christian...