You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else have problems series linking this?

Do you mean trying to record it or remind you? Who are you with Virgin or Sky, I am with Sky and watch it on Eurosport HD and have no problems.

PS How is your bike hunting getting on?

Do you mean trying to record it or remind you? Who are you with Virgin or Sky, I am with Sky and watch it on Eurosport HD and have no problems.

PS How is your bike hunting getting on?

I'm with Virgin and want to series link it to record on Eurosport HD, but for some reason it's not giving me the option.

I have to go through and set each individual day to record, I'm a thick lazy cunt and forgot yesterday, pissed right off.

looks like being a good day for pineau in the KOM competition. some big points up for grabs today and he's already bagged the first climb. this is were le tour begins. fingers crossed brailsford gives the sky team the ok to support geriant and they have a few attacks at the Saxo Bank guys. The last hour today will be a cracker and we might just see a brit in yellow by the end of the day.

looks like being a good day for pineau in the KOM competition. some big points up for grabs today and he's already bagged the first climb. this is were le tour begins. fingers crossed brailsford gives the sky team the ok to support geriant and they have a few attacks at the Saxo Bank guys. The last hour today will be a cracker and we might just see a brit in yellow by the end of the day.

Do you think Wiggo has any chance of winning the tour, Wiggo is the best cyclist out of them isn't he and by time the tour is finished he will be higher than geraint.

Well, I guess it was clear from the start that Cancellara can't climb and will probably fail, because of this. Chavanel is doing pretty wel. Pineau should never have gone in attack on his own, when at the Côte de Lamoura. Lost all his energy there, after 150 km.

He took the knock in the last 3.5km and lost 1:45 on the leaders.

Don't think he will better his fourth place from last year TBH!

agree with that, the mountains are just hellish!

i damn near cried when Roche blew up :(

so im back to wanting Sastre for GC

poor oul Lance though, 2 crashes, then some twat falls in front of him when getting a bag of grub, that was the straw that broke the dopers back

i wouldnt be surprised if Lance pulls out now to be honest

Really feel for Armstrong, so much pressure around him and everything went against him today. I really hope he gets a stage win or two and finishes on a high.

Yeah did feel for him myself after the 3rd incident, don't think he will pull out though.

Now that it looks like our man Wiggo is out of the running my other favorite Schleck to win le tour.

Don't even think that those hills today are the worse that you can get, think there are far worse to come.

Really feel for Armstrong, so much pressure around him and everything went against him today. I really hope he gets a stage win or two and finishes on a high.

Me too. Just incredible how much bad luck you can have in one tour. I was just thinking if it wasn't one TDF too many. He's not gonna quit, though. He said that he's just gonna try and show his very best the coming days, but that he knows this tour is over for him.

Schleck'll have to kill it the rest of the mountains - He'll need like 2 minutes on Evans/AC. I can see Evans losing minutes in the Pyrenees though. Navarro was awesome for Conti.

Me too. Just incredible how much bad luck you can have in one tour. I was just thinking if it wasn't one TDF too many. He's not gonna quit, though. He said that he's just gonna try and show his very best the coming days, but that he knows this tour is over for him.

Schleck'll have to kill it the rest of the mountains - He'll need like 2 minutes on Evans/AC. I can see Evans losing minutes in the Pyrenees though. Navarro was awesome for Conti.

that was a stunning performance from Schleck. I was very surprised to see him drop Contador. I'd sooner see either of those two win than Evans. He's a poor man's Indurain who will try and sit on their wheel in the mountains and wait for the time trial. it might work for him but its crap tactics.

What pressure? No one expected him to win, he showed last year he's past competing for the overall win. I wouldn't put any money on him getting a stage win either. Why did he come back anyway? Wasn't it mainly just for his charity.

Looks like it’s between Contador and Schleck with Evans maybe third favourite, unless someone pulls a surprise – which is quite possible. Contador previously has been better in the mountains and in time trials than the others, while Schleck is better in the mountains then Evans who probably is better in the time trials.

Interesting to see Contador not able to keep up at the end there, which makes it a bit more open.