You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I always watch the last 10km that's the only part that matters really. I hate it when a breakaway doesn't get caught like yesterday, it ruins all the excitement of the finish. I like seeing the breakaway get caught right at the end then a big sprint for the line.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't those bikes just make your member grow!

doubt it, after riding a hundred miles on my bike I can hardly find mine.

Remember watching the tour d'espana last year and someone rode right into the back of a parked box van. Don'tknow how he missed it as he wasn't forced into he must have been staring at the road and not looking forward.

ALso how the fuck is Wiggo getting on this time round?

wiggins is about a minute behind armstrong and contador. early days yet, nothing really happens until the time trials and the mountains, and even the Alps look fairly tame this year. Only 1 HC climb compared to 5 HC's in the Pyrennees.

wiggins is about a minute behind armstrong and contador. early days yet, nothing really happens until the time trials and the mountains, and even the Alps look fairly tame this year. Only 1 HC climb compared to 5 HC's in the Pyrennees.

Just checked Wiggo is 57th.

Seen Wiggo at the Rufford Marina last year a few days before the day before he joined team sky.

One of the lads in my old bike club knows him and they arranged to meet there.

So is it a flat year this time round, do they change the route each year then?

How do the tour experts think Obree would have got on on the tour?

Think he was a sprinter like Hoy and like Hoy I don't think that he would have been able to finish the Tour.

You sacrafice either the Olympics for the Tour or the other way round.

Think he was a sprinter like Hoy and like Hoy I don't think that he would have been able to finish the Tour.

You sacrafice either the Olympics for the Tour or the other way round.

I disagree, he may not have been able to do 'anything' on the tour but his previous experiences, suicide attempts and depression made him one stubborn cunt when he set his mind to something.

I disagree, he may not have been able to do 'anything' on the tour but his previous experiences, suicide attempts and depression made him one stubborn cunt when he set his mind to something.

The riders who ride the tour are the best about and then not everyone finishes it.

Boardman failed it at least once.

How do the tour experts think Obree would have got on on the tour?
He would have done very well on the time-trial stages (where he would have been racing against the clock.),but I don't think he would have been a serious contender for the win. For all the emphasis on individual riders the Tour is all about teamwork and endurance,and neither were his strong points.

Plus,he wouldn't have been involved in the doping.

He was an amazing rider on the track,but the skills required on the track don't always carry over to road-racing (and vice-versa.)

The riders who ride the tour are the best about and then not everyone finishes it.

Maybe I'm not making my point very clearly.

I don't think he would be one of the best riders, or even middle tier. However given what he had been through I think he would have completed the tour even if he finished a week behind the others.

Maybe I'm not making my point very clearly.

I don't think he would be one of the best riders, or even middle tier. However given what he had been through I think he would have completed the tour even if he finished a week behind the others.

Well like that then yes, but would he have been given a start by the teams that is a different matter.

Lance Armstrong DNF'ed twice too.

He would have done very well on the time-trial stages (where he would have been racing against the clock.),but I don't think he would have been a serious contender for the win. For all the emphasis on individual riders the Tour is all about teamwork and endurance,and neither were his strong points.

Plus,he wouldn't have been involved in the doping.

He was an amazing rider on the track,but the skills required on the track don't always carry over to road-racing (and vice-versa.)

Agreed.

Again agreed.

Thats why he dropped out, pity more do not have the same integrity.

Find this quite funny:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOur8qXvpnk&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOur8qXvpnk&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

So is it a flat year this time round, do they change the route each year then?

its not flat, just there are more really big climbs known as HC (Beyond Category) in the pyrennees than the alps. There are still five class 1 climbs in the alps.

yes they change the route every year and the direction. This year its clockwise, next year it will be anti-clockwise.

its not flat, just there are more really big climbs known as HC (Beyond Category) in the pyrennees than the alps. There are still five class 1 climbs in the alps.

yes they change the route every year and the direction. This year its clockwise, next year it will be anti-clockwise.

So what they have done in effect is given them fewer hilly days but more really steep fuckers instead?

No confirmation yet but it appears he is out of the tour completely.

True they said on the commentry on Eurosport that his tour was over but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

He may have broke a bone in his shoulder that is a common place for cyclists to get a break.

Even if he broke an arm he wouldn't be able to ride straight away would he, the guy with a break has probably been in plaster for a while

True they said on the commentry on Eurosport that his tour was over but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

He may have broke a bone in his shoulder that is a common place for cyclists to get a break.

Even if he broke an arm he wouldn't be able to ride straight away would he, the guy with a break has probably been in plaster for a while

He did it yesterday.

It is actually a fracture but he is riding on with it heavily strapped.