You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

I've been buying up loads of PS3 games cheap. Anything from 50p to a fiver. Spent a lot of time on GTA5, then Red Dead Redemption. Currently playing the Last of Us which I'm really enjoying. The graphics for PS3 are really impressive.

Got a long list of games (half of which I'll never play). Got the Uncharted games so might go for 2 next if LoU starts to tire on me. 

I missed all these games first time round, so it's nice to come at them new. What I love about this generation (like my Wii collection) is they come in actual cases with actual instruction manuals. Some of the games I've picked up are near mint condition too. 

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Once it gets its hooks in, it's amazing. Probably the best example of world building I've ever seen. So many great stories hidden away in the landscape, waiting to be discovered.

Just one more mission before bed (7 missions later….)

I still haven't completed RDR2 and i got it when it came out. It's good but i much preferred the absolute jaw dropping brilliance of the first one. Preferred the plot and characters too. 

When i have managed to find the time I've mainly been playing that golf 2K21 game, it's ace. 

The last game i got thoroughly invested in was Star Wars : Jedi Fallen Order. 

I'd love to find a strategy game that doesn't take about 8 weeks to get through the tutorial. A decent space one or a Rome Total War style one that isn't impenetrable. 

28 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I still haven't completed RDR2 and i got it when it came out. It's good but i much preferred the absolute jaw dropping brilliance of the first one. Preferred the plot and characters too. 

When i have managed to find the time I've mainly been playing that golf 2K21 game, it's ace. 

I'd love to find a strategy game that doesn't take about 8 weeks to get through the tutorial. A decent space one or a Rome Total War style one that isn't impenetrable. 

That reminds me, I've still yet to play Microsoft Flight Simulator properly. Got bored during the lengthy tutorial. I can see why the 9/11 lot never learnt to land.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I missed all these games first time round, so it's nice to come at them new. What I love about this generation (like my Wii collection) is they come in actual cases with actual instruction manuals. Some of the games I've picked up are near mint condition too. 

Bit of an extreme example, but I miss mad stuff like this-

Your Experience with Instruction Manuals : r/truegaming

Caesar / Trivia - TV Tropes

Links to PDFs or Wikis just don't cut the mustard.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Total Longo said:

There’s a battlestar galactica rpg that’s got good reviews…it’s called deadlock

8 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I thought RDR2 was very disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think it’s easy at all. In fact, I reckon the actual gameplay in terms of the controls, is really sluggish. I’ve played it straight after playing Uncharted and Last of Us and they were both much better with mechanics of shooting etc.

It’s a visually stunning game though and there’s so much to do that I just find it really fun. I think i’ll get bored well before finishing it though, it’s definitely too big (i’m already starting to waver a bit but I have hammered it in the last week).

Rockstar games are always clunky in terms of controls, and the plot drags. It took me a while to get into, but some of the side stories you just stumble upon are brilliant. So many unexpected moments, and they never feel forced. 

Hunting the legendary beasts gets far better towards the end too. Going on the prowl, then hearing a jaguar charging you.

36 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Any good FPS recommendations on xbox?

Not arsed about online playing, just the odd hour when I want.

Still miss stuff like Splinter Cell, Halo, Wofenstein. 

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Get Game Pass. It's got all of the old Halo in 4K @120 fps looking great and the new one. The newish Wolfenstein games are on there as well plus Doom and others.

Buy up to 3 years of Xbox Gold and convert it to GP Ultimate. You don't even need to use a VPN to buy the Turkish version since you are in Dalyan. 

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Get Game Pass. It's got all of the old Halo in 4K @120 fps looking great and the new one. The newish Wolfenstein games are on there as well plus Doom and others.

Buy up to 3 years of Xbox Gold and convert it to GP Ultimate. You don't even need to use a VPN to buy the Turkish version since you are in Dalyan. 

Nice one Cloggy, I will certainly have a look at that.

Don Bradman 14 for the PS3. Good this. Best cricket game since Brian Lara 99. Cricket 19 is supposed to be decent, but Cricket 22 not much of an upgrade. Although as I neither have a PS4 or PS5 it's largely irrelevant for me.

Anyone else that likes cricket played these or any others?

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I would post the link how to do it but this site appears to be broken and won't let me paste it. 

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Yeah definitely get the game pass cheap like Cloggy said. Absolute bargain. Info below:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/397667/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html

I’ve played all the Halo games on it which should keep you occupied for a while. Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V both have really good campaigns as well, and again are both free on the game pass. 

Best game I’ve played on game pass though is Sniper Elite 4. I can play that shit all day. Don’t usually like stealth games but this is superb. Ryse son of Rome was boss too for an older game. 

Currently hammering the multiplayer on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the FPS campaign on that is decent as well). Still really good, loads of variety on levels and how you want to play them, sniper or standard solider etc… and it’s probably the best fun you’ll have running around as Yoda slicing people up. 

Got the new Halo and Forza games lined up next and might give Mortal Kombat 11 a go which came out on game pass a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah definitely get the game pass cheap like Cloggy said. Absolute bargain. Info below:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/397667/get-3-years-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-tip.html

I’ve played all the Halo games on it which should keep you occupied for a while. Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V both have really good campaigns as well, and again are both free on the game pass. 

Best game I’ve played on game pass though is Sniper Elite 4. I can play that shit all day. Don’t usually like stealth games but this is superb. Ryse son of Rome was boss too for an older game. 

Currently hammering the multiplayer on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the FPS campaign on that is decent as well). Still really good, loads of variety on levels and how you want to play them, sniper or standard solider etc… and it’s probably the best fun you’ll have running around as Yoda slicing people up. 

Got the new Halo and Forza games lined up next and might give Mortal Kombat 11 a go which came out on game pass a few months ago. 

Great review and thanks for the link mate.

Sounds well worth it.

Done all but the latest Halo.

Always fancied being a sniper. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just had a look and haven't got a clue!

Can't see how I could buy in Turkey then use PC world offer? Or am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Don Bradman 14 for the PS3. Good this. Best cricket game since Brian Lara 99. Cricket 19 is supposed to be decent, but Cricket 22 not much of an upgrade. Although as I neither have a PS4 or PS5 it's largely irrelevant for me.

Anyone else that likes cricket played these or any others?

Not played any cricket game for years, apart from the various iPhone ones. Decided to grab this cheap and chucked a couple more PS3 games in. Arrives next week. 

5FF9E431-1F87-4896-9555-C2B4D1463481.jpeg

• Upvote 2