You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

37 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not played gran turismo 7 yet think ill wait until its seriously cheap. I've got forza and I find that boring as fuck after 10 minutes each time.

GT7 is very grindy and clearly designed around a horrible FOMO based push towards micro transactions.

It's also basically GT Sport with a few more cars but less content overall.

And they still can't even remotely simulate how a car on proper gravel tyres behaved on gravel. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

GT7 is very grindy and clearly designed around a horrible FOMO based push towards micro transactions.

It's also basically GT Sport with a few more cars but less content overall.

And they still can't even remotely simulate how a car on proper gravel tyres behaved on gravel. 

Was tempted to get GT7 but I won't bother now. Can't be fucked with all that micro-transaction bullshit.

On 13/04/2022 at 18:51, Elite said:

Was tempted to get GT7 but I won't bother now. Can't be fucked with all that micro-transaction bullshit.

The PlayStation is surprisingly lacking in racers. PC and XBOX have loads of good ones. It’s almost like Sony deliberately get them wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

GT's always been a grind to be fair. 

Tried slay the spire on ps plus. Fun card game, not difficult from a strategy perspective, but definitely something you need a bit of luck and an understanding of how it all works to win (that I don't have yet). Worth a look, 8/10.

• 3 weeks later...

Been revisiting Alien : Isolation this week and i'd forgotten just how butt-clenchingly scary the whole experience is, from the music to the sound effects to the sheer terror of the alien approaching on the motion tracker. Looks really good too, for an 8 year old previous gen game. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Started Returnal but fuck that. It's just stupidly difficult.

Yup I fucked it off very quickly. Its not just that it's difficult its just not interesting enough or good enough to make the perseverance worth it. It was an absolute fucking chore. They should do an update so you can lower the difficulty and at least get some of your moneys worth back by getting the story done because it lacks all the qualities it needs to be arsed.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yup I fucked it off very quickly. Its not just that it's difficult its just not interesting enough or good enough to make the perseverance worth it. It was an absolute fucking chore. They should do an update so you can lower the difficulty and at least get some of your moneys worth back by getting the story done because it lacks all the qualities it needs to be arsed.

You can suspend a run and then upload the save to the cloud but it's a chore to even do that. Nearly 5 hours in and I haven't found the first boss. Just can't be doing with another game that requires hours of investment.

On 12/05/2022 at 08:54, Total Longo said:

Been revisiting Alien : Isolation this week and i'd forgotten just how butt-clenchingly scary the whole experience is, from the music to the sound effects to the sheer terror of the alien approaching on the motion tracker. Looks really good too, for an 8 year old previous gen game. 

I quite liked just wandering around the ship. The alien I could just about take - I found the androids more annoying. 

Is Assassin's Creed Valhalla any good?

I'm going to subscribe to the new PS Plus 2nd tier as it's got Demon Souls and Assassin's Creed Valhalla as part of the library.

I don't want to jump straight into Demon Souls after Elden Ring.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm going to subscribe to the new PS Plus 2nd tier as it's got Demon Souls and Assassin's Creed Valhalla as part of the library.

I found it to be too big to enjoy and a real grind.   Much preferred Odyssey & origins. 

6 hours ago, Elite said:

When does all this different tiers begin.

I'm playing far cry 6 at the minute. Pretty boring game.

7 hours ago, Elite said:

I'm yet to finish any AC game, just too much padding out. Demons Souls is a lot more normal Souls game than Elden Ring, I'd go with that.

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

When does all this different tiers begin.

I'm playing far cry 6 at the minute. Pretty boring game.

June 22nd off the top of my head. Think if you've already got a PS Now/PS plus subscription it'll automatically upgrade you until it expires.

Never been a fan of Far Cry games, they are the typical Ubisoft fetch and run games. I don't actually mind Assassin's Creed but that's the same, albeit more enjoyable.

Think Resident Evil Village is the next game I'll buy.

Plan to do Demon Souls and have another crack at Bloodborne now I know what the fuck I'm doing with FromSoft games.

52 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Playing Kotor again. It's aged but still good, I loved that game when it came out, you can see how influential it was to the likes of mass effect.

I'm pretty sure both mass effect and knights were made by the same team.

• 4 weeks later...

Started Witcher 3 recently and had to jib it after the prologue. The controls are poor, especially in comparison to more recent titles. Hopefully the rumoured patch improves on them when released in Q3/4 this year.

Purchased PS Plus Extra as it was just a £20 upgrade for the remainder of the subscription I've got already. Started Guardians of the Galaxy and have to say so far it's great. Not in the top echelons of gaming but a fun blast and so far a coherent storyline.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Elden Ring, what an amazing game but some really really hard battles and things that border on the fecking tedious, some bosses were no fun at all. some nights I went to sleep with "You Died" etched into my retina.

Got that overpowered weapon at the end that does the Gold Wave effect, so went on a quick Fuck You tour on New Game+, obliterating all the bosses and dungeons that caused me grief, finished the second run in about 10 hours.

Best game I have ever played tho, always swerved those fromsoftware games but will probably pick them up when they go on sale in the future. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, beerhunter said:

Just finished Elden Ring, what an amazing game but some really really hard battles and things that border on the fecking tedious, some bosses were no fun at all. some nights I went to sleep with "You Died" etched into my retina.

Got that overpowered weapon at the end that does the Gold Wave effect, so went on a quick Fuck You tour on New Game+, obliterating all the bosses and dungeons that caused me grief, finished the second run in about 10 hours.

Best game I have ever played tho, always swerved those fromsoftware games but will probably pick them up when they go on sale in the future. 

Elden Ring was the start for me. Completed Bloodborne and nearing the end of Demon Souls at the moment, enjoyed them both as much as Elden Ring.

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Elden Ring was the start for me. Completed Bloodborne and nearing the end of Demon Souls at the moment, enjoyed them both as much as Elden Ring.

I got Blooodbourne (PS4) in the PS sale last week, haven't started it yet,  Demon Souls looks wicked but sadly I don't have a PS5, not enough PS exclusives that I like to make me get one. XSX does what I need for the time being.

I might get Sekiro next, although I hear that's even harder than Elden Ring.

14 hours ago, beerhunter said:

I got Blooodbourne (PS4) in the PS sale last week, haven't started it yet,  Demon Souls looks wicked but sadly I don't have a PS5, not enough PS exclusives that I like to make me get one. XSX does what I need for the time being.

I might get Sekiro next, although I hear that's even harder than Elden Ring.

Bloodborne is great, it's harder than Elden Ring though if you go through the Chalice dungeons for platinum.

I still need to get Sekiro. I've come to the conclusion that FromSoft games are the best around currently, every one I've played has been outstanding.