You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

That surely belongs as much in the Instant Cunt Identifiers thread?!

The best, or rather worst or strangest, bit for me was "I feel like the system isn't there to help people like me". The fuck is she talking about? The mind boggles.

That surely belongs as much in the Instant Cunt Identifiers thread?!

The best, or rather worst or strangest, bit for me was "I feel like the system isn't there to help people like me". The fuck is she talking about? The mind boggles.

I’m sure there are blokes out there that drive above the speed limit, some of us even get pissed off for getting the occasional speeding ticket.

I’ve never heard anyone go to the press with as weak and bullshit pov as that though.

I’m sure there are blokes out there that drive above the speed limit, some of us even get pissed off for getting the occasional speeding ticket.

I’ve never heard anyone go to the press with as weak and bullshit pov as that though.

I don't think I've ever read anything quite like it!

But she’s raised a few quid for charity, let her off. I bet Rose West used to throw a few pence in the ‘Save the Children’ collection tins but nobody used that to defend her.

Double standards at work here.

I was wondering if that's what she meant with the "people like me" line. That or maybe the fact she works, like that's something special these days. And then I wondered if it might even be something more sinister but probably best not to go there.

Got to laugh at all these women on social media selling blag perfumes calling themselves "businesswomen" because they make a few quid on the side to supplement their tax credits

When you see “company owner” or “director” on a tinder profile it invariably means that.

Now part of that is down to the glass ceiling and all that, but yep - not for me, pass.

Exactly that.

I drive over the speed limit quite often, as I would guess most people do. Never excessively so, but enough that I could get tickets.

In fact I’ve had them in the past and have been on 2 speed awareness courses in my time, though I currently have a clean license.

All that said though, if I did get a couple of tickets for driving exactly how I do now, I may feel aggrieved as she does. But id know it was my fault, accept it, and most importantly of all, fucking stop it pronto if my livlihood was at risk.

Especially if every time happened to be in the same housing estate.

I got a speeding ticket a few years back in Tuebrook just before you get to the Belmont pub. I always take my time driving there as it's a notorious spot to get done.

I was driving into work on a Sunday morning. Hardly any cars on the road and this stupid cow starts tailgating me. Gets a cob on because I'm going about 28 mph so she pulls out, flies past me and beeps me for being slow. Five seconds later she gets flashed by the same camera that collared me a couple of years ago.

I hate all traffic cameras. I am about the furthest thing from an anarchist in the world but would fully support a group of people who put ski masks on and destroyed them before fleeing the authorities. I might even harbour them in my basement if they were being pursued, in some sort of Coen brothers-esque Underground Railroad situation.

The worst ones are the cameras on traffic lights, which have been proven over and over again to increase the number of accidents (because people slam on their brakes at a yellow to avoid going through near the red). Indefensible.

I was actually feeling a bit sorry for her as 20mph zones can be difficult to maintain that speed on. Then I read this part :

"People caught speeding can pay to attend a driver awareness course instead of having points added to their licence, but Ms Allan said she did not have this option as she was recently caught driving through a red light."

And all sympathy went out of the window.

I hate all traffic cameras. I am about the furthest thing from an anarchist in the world but would fully support a group of people who put ski masks on and destroyed them before fleeing the authorities. I might even harbour them in my basement if they were being pursued, in some sort of Coen brothers-esque Underground Railroad situation.

The worst ones are the cameras on traffic lights, which have been proven over and over again to increase the number of accidents (because people slam on their brakes at a yellow to avoid going through near the red). Indefensible.

What is worse? Tailgating or stopping at an amber light? I know where I stand on this as tailgating is dangerous and illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

Selling our house at the moment & as the pictures were taken last week the agent suggested getting rid of some snow from the decking so the Mrs ferried hot water and cleared it.

Woke up this morning , looked out the window at the newly snowy landscape & said to her ' You're going to need a bigger bowl '

Instead of bursting into laughter at my brilliance , she said ' Do we have any bigger bowls ? '

• Upvote 3