You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

My dad got ToddleD a bag of marbles, he refers to them as "ollies" instead of marbles.  

LadyD : I wonder why marbles are called ollies round here

Me:      Must have been something from when people my dads age were growing up, something small and round comparable to a marble and the name stuck

LadyD: Do you think it might have been olives?

Yes, in 1960s Liverpool, County Road to be exact,  olives were so plentiful that people saw marbles and instantly thought "fuck me that looks like an olive"

How the fuck do you get any work done ? I'd be in the bogs pissing myself laughing.

I'm usually so zoned out of anything she's saying that it takes a moment for the magnitude of her latest gaff to dawn on me. The mixture of that & the general misery of being at work kind of dampens the hilarity.

There have been times that I've had to walk away giggling though.

She's just called me in work to tell me she at a car park in town and can't get the car started, the hazards won't go off and the alarm is sounding. It's only 6 months old so I'm racking my brain to help her work out what it could be. After 3 seconds of thinking she tells me I'm going to have to leave work to come and help her. Fuck that, I'm on treble time today so I'm not knocking back a few hundred quid to pick her up.

After a minute or two and trying a few different things she then exclaims she's tried everything and can't even get the key to turn. Say what? I cheekily ask her if she's put the wheel lock on and not tried to move the steering wheel when putting the key in? Hey presto, the car starts and she's shouting fuck off down the phone as I piss myself to her inability to start a car.

Thinking of taking it off her and buying her a bike with stabilisers.

• Upvote 2

I was on the train yesterday going the game and a couple got on at one the stops. The woman was telling her fella that she wanted to face forwards when the train pulled away. Her fella then told her which seat to seat on. She wasn't sure this was correct and started shouting at him 'are you sure?' The fella then had to explain to his missus that the train had just come from one direction and would continue on its journey in the same direction. The woman was well into her 40's.

My dad got ToddleD a bag of marbles, he refers to them as "ollies" instead of marbles.

LadyD : I wonder why marbles are called ollies round here

Me: Must have been something from when people my dads age were growing up, something small and round comparable to a marble and the name stuck

LadyD: Do you think it might have been olives?

Yes, in 1960s Liverpool, County Road to be exact, olives were so plentiful that people saw marbles and instantly thought "fuck me that looks like an olive"

Who doesn't call marbles 'ollies?' Ollies,steelies(ball bearings)dobbers (worth two ollies) so you had to be hit it twice to win against an olly(worth one.)
  • Upvote 1

I made fun of the girl at work for flirting with male and female customers on the phone and it culminated in her saying the following loudly to an otherwise entirely male office: "you like muffs in your face and I like cocks in my mouth"

She's just asking to never live that down.

I made fun of the girl at work for flirting with male and female customers on the phone and it culminated in her saying the following loudly to an otherwise entirely male office: "you like muffs in your face and I like cocks in my mouth"

She's just asking to never live that down.

"So, Zeb, can I call you Zeb? This isn't a witch-hunt.  We're just trying to get to the bottom of what was an unfortunately, sexist incident"

officeshotamericanbeauty.png

• Upvote 1

Was up early to get a train to London yesterday. I decided to get a shower downstairs to not wake everyone up. Loads and behold all my shower gel, razors and shaving cream had been moved from the bathroom downstairs.

Had to go back upstairs and root around in the dark in my room for them like a burglar. She then wakes up kicking off asking what I'm doing. When I explained she tells me that she moved all my stuff up into the upstairs bathroom cupboard because she was fed up of me leaving my stuff lying round in the downstairs bathroom making the place look messy. She never bothered telling me this incase I might have been looking for them.

I then go into the bathroom which has a creaky door and have to root around in the cupboard with my phone light on. That then wakes my son up 2 hours before he usually gets up. Got loads of texts calling me a noisy bastard waking him up. She wouldn't have it that it was her fault for moving my gear in the first place. Woman logic.