You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thoughts On Tony Mowbray ?

I understand many of you won't give a flying one about TM, but most of you have seen his team at close quarters last season. It's looking more likely he is gonna be our next manager, so would be grateful if you could give me yer thoughts on his team from last season, by all accounts WBA played decent football, ' the celtic way ' if you like !!

Cheers

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's alright, got a good head on his shoulders, nothing outstanding but the fact he's British goes in his favour with the media, and what West Brom fans think of him.

He's in the trinity of shit British managers, Fat Sam and Redknapp who are supposedly good managers, but haven't managed a top club.

I've got nothing against him, he comes across as a decent fella, the Celtic move will probably make or break his career as a manager.

Hard to say. He always came across well in interviews, the players liked playing for him and his team tried to play football in the right way.

Impossible to say if he can handle the pressure of managing Celtic but i'd say he has a fair chance.

The feeling I got was that his teams were shit at defending, don't think that will be as much a problem up here, as it was down in England, for Torres, Drogba and Rooney etc, it's Mandaza, Darren Mackie and Jim Hamilton up here !! So I'm thinking we should be fine.

Any decent players that stood out at West Brom ? Thinking he may bring one or two with him ?

Guest RafaIsRafa

I liked that Fortune though he was a bit erratic with his finishing. And that Menseguez looked good when he started getting games I thought. Both were loans aswell so might end up your way.

Brunt seems decent enough aswell.

Chris Brunt is a very good player, also that right back Zuiverloon looked promising, and that argie fella Mesinguez or something looked good.

I like Mowbray, and he could get Celtic playing some decent football, which is what I hear most fans are after.

Plays nice football but he failed and got it wrong as if you are a poor team you have to grind results in the prem. I dont see why he got so much praise.

If he doesn't adapt to his environment properly North of the border then Rangers will capitalise imo as he will not change his style.

Chris Brunt is a very good player, also that right back Zuiverloon looked promising, and that argie fella Mesinguez or something looked good.

I like Mowbray, and he could get Celtic playing some decent football, which is what I hear most fans are after.

Indeed it is Woo. You wouldn't believe the apathy that was hanging over Celtic Park under Strachan. Hopefully, Mogga will reunite the fans, and get us back playing the kinda football we expect of the heroes in green & white !

Indeed it is Woo. You wouldn't believe the apathy that was hanging over Celtic Park under Strachan. Hopefully, Mogga will reunite the fans, and get us back playing the kinda football we expect of the heroes in green & white !

whos Mogga

Plays nice football but he failed and got it wrong as if you are a poor team you have to grind results in the prem. I dont see why he got so much praise.

If he doesn't adapt to his environment properly North of the border then Rangers will capitalise imo as he will not change his style.

Dunno, kinda like the fact he stuck to his guns, and took on board that the fans are there to be entertained. Lets face it, finishing 4th bottom would've been seen as success for him.

I understand many of you won't give a flying one about TM, but most of you have seen his team at close quarters last season. It's looking more likely he is gonna be our next manager, so would be grateful if you could give me yer thoughts on his team from last season, by all accounts WBA played decent football, ' the celtic way ' if you like !!

Cheers

I can't understand why any manager would leave a Championship club to go to Celtic, unless they are giving him a huge pay rise.

I can't understand why any manager would leave a Championship club to go to Celtic, unless they are giving him a huge pay rise.

European football ? Do you honestly think there's more prestige in managing a Championship side, than managing Celtic ?

Which is why he's wanted by a club that finished 2nd in a two horse race?

:confused

I don't think managing Celtic is as prestigious as it's made out to be.

Irrespective of this fact, I think that Tony Mowbray is a good manager. I don't think he'd ever break into one of the bigger clubs, but not all managers are designed for this so it's not a good yardstick with which to judge them.

He looks to get the ball on the deck and play decent football. Sure, they get bent over by us particularly, the vermin, Chelsea etc because trying to out football such teams is going to get you nowhere, but they tried to play against some of the more, shall we say, air orientated teams, and got nowhere with that either. Whilst his approach is admirable he simply didn't have the quality at his disposal for that style of football to work. Arguably, the same will be said at Celtic.

Because he TRIED to play football. Sure, it didn't work out, but he tried all the same. That sort of approach is admirable when you look at what Stoke City and Blackburn do. On the flip side, I know that they are (unfortunately) playing Premier League football again next season, but at least West Brom try and play the game properly and aren't awful to watch unlike the aforementioned cloggers.