You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tom Hicks Interview!!

RobbieOR

Am I taking money off people to form an organisation with the pricinple aim of ousting the owners?

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying because it costs a tenner to become a member, that some how makes SoS capable of getting apathetic cunts to do something? I would suggest there is not one member of SoS who's done less than you to oust the owners. Put up and do something or shut the fuck up and stop crying like a bitch.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying because it costs a tenner to become a member, that some how makes SoS capable of getting apathetic cunts to do something? I would suggest there is not one member of SoS who's done less than you to oust the owners. Put up and do something or shut the fuck up and stop crying like a bitch.

I am saying that SoS have taken the majority of their subscription money off their members on the back of their mission statement of ousting the owners, not on the back of promising to chant for Michael Shields or march for Rafa. I am not a Liverpool lad so its far more difficult for me to be involved and I am not asking anyone to pay me money to help me oust the owners. As a punter I am saying that SoS have failed miserably.

I am saying that SoS have taken the majority of their subscription money off their members on the back of their mission statement of ousting the owners, not on the back of promising to chant for Michael Shields or march for Rafa. I am not a Liverpool lad so its far more difficult for me to be involved and I am not asking anyone to pay me money to help me oust the owners. As a punter I am saying that SoS have failed miserably.

Actually you are saying they should "be ashamed of themselves". No they shouldn't. They have given it a go, which is more than can be said of the likes of you. Location is no excuse for not being involved - there are plenty of members from outside the city.

When every member joined, they understood the situation - the phrase used and was very, very clear, "told hold the owners of the club to account". They have tried to do that - they've met with the owners, they've met with the CEO and given both a load of shit and got our point across, even if the owners don't care. Should there be more demo's? Well I think so yeah, I thought the one pre- Man Utd at home was brilliant. However the reaction in the Havant game was enough to know the majoity of fans don't want that inside the ground. This is not about kicking fuck out of each other and splitting our fan base - it's about getting as many people together to make a voice loud enough that the owners can't ignore. While you and a number of other snipers sit on the side more happy to fire bullets at the Union than that pair of cunts who own our club, then the SoS is doomed to failure.

Consumer pressure is very effective but it requires consumers to stop buying the product.

If we do that with Lfc then they will be forced out eventually but the club would suffer mightily in the meantime which is something none of us want.

They have done as much as they possibly could have within that impossible framework.

Actually you are saying they should "be ashamed of themselves". No they shouldn't. They have given it a go, which is more than can be said of the likes of you. Location is no excuse for not being onvolved - there are plenty of members from outside the city.

When every member joined, they understood the situation - the phrase used and was very, very clear, "told hold the owners of the club to account". They have tried to do that - they've met with the owners, they've met with the CEO and given both a load of shit and got our point across, even if the owners don't care. Should there be more demo's? Well I think so yeah, I thought the one pre- Man Utd at home was brilliant. However the reaction in the Havant game was enough to know the majoity of fans don't want that inside the ground. This is not about kicking fuck out of each other and splitting our fan base - it's about getting as many people together to make a voice loud enough that the owners can't ignore. While you and a number of other snipers sit on the side more happy to fire bullets at the Union than that pair of cunts who own our club, then the SoS is doomed to failure.

SoS spoke to Rafa for reasons only known to themselvs = Result not more demonstrations inside the ground.

SoS spoke to Gillette, Parry and Hicks: Result - all three go to games in relative calm.

I am not sniping, I am telling you how it is.

SoS will end up as a decent fan body who will help supporters with real issues but nobody can tell me they have had any impact on the ownership issue, they have made zero impact there and thats very disappointing.

Consumer pressure is very effective but it requires consumers to stop buying the product.

If we do that with Lfc then they will be forced out eventually but the club would suffer mightily in the meantime which is something none of us want.

They have done as much as they possibly could have within that impossible framework.

My gripe is that they have poured more passion into keeping the manager in a job and chanting for the release of Michael Shields than they have for getting the owners out. I am pretty certain 99% of the membership joined to contribute to kicking the onwers out and not for jollies to Scandinavia and Ireland.

Anyway, enough.

but nobody can tell me they have had any impact on the ownership issue, they have made zero impact there and thats very disappointing.

They've not had 'zero' impact, they've let the fuckers know that there's an organized group that wants them out, a group that's prepared to get people together and that does so to march, have meetings that even one of them has been to, (which will almost definitely have made one or both of the fuckers think a little differently at least.) and if they do stay I bet they're a lot more likely to stop and think before they try taking the piss out of the club any more than they already have done. That's easily worth a tenner to me.

SoS spoke to Gillette, Parry and Hicks: Result - all three go to games in relative calm.

Yeah, but I'd instantly bet that it made an impression on them, one that will make them stop and think more in the future, like I said. I get the feeling that I'm not gonna get anywhere with you though so I'll leave it. I think you're a bit out of order saying all their efforts have had zero impact though, just don't think that's true.

Guest ian garro
Actually you are saying they should "be ashamed of themselves". No they shouldn't. They have given it a go, which is more than can be said of the likes of you. Location is no excuse for not being involved - there are plenty of members from outside the city.

I'd agree with that. I could have done more, but I certainly wouldnt have a go at anyone else who has at least got off their arses and tried. Sitting there behind a keyboard and saying things like "they should've done this, they should've done that", is a cunts trick.

Not aimed at anyone here, just what I think.

My gripe is that they have poured more passion into keeping the manager in a job and chanting for the release of Michael Shields than they have for getting the owners out. I am pretty certain 99% of the membership joined to contribute to kicking the onwers out and not for jollies to Scandinavia and Ireland.

Anyway, enough.

They were criticised (correctly IMO but that's irrelevant) for being too local-centric & not reflecting that we have a global fanbase.

They try to address that & you criticise them again.

The legal method of consumer change is thru a consumer boycott.

That is something most would not want to do & would hurt us tremendously in the interim: if there is no revenue coming in they might sell Torres to cover it.

SoS are not perfect but they have done more to remedy our ownership issues than you or me.

SoS is a Pressure Group. The fact that they havent ousted tom and jerry yet doesnt mean they haven't provided an effective place for like minded fans to come together and be more than just a lone voice. It just means 2 billoinaires have not agreed a sale.

It's posts like this that you remind me of you as your old persona.

SoS spoke to Rafa for reasons only known to themselvs = Result not more demonstrations inside the ground.

Way, way before SoS spoke to Rafa there had been a vote after the aftermath of the Havant game. It was voted by the members not to protest in the stadium any more. Nobody at the meeting objected. The fact Rafa said the same months later ir irrelevant, the protests stopped after the Havant game. But don't let the truth get in the way.

I am not sniping, I am telling you how it is.

You are sniping and I'm telling you how it is and you're talkiing shit - they went to the matches in relative calm anyway. Gillet has changed his hotel during his stay on every visit he's made since that meeting - was that down to him being worried about what you would do or the fact he found out SoS were going there to front him? Hicks has changed his hotel on at least one occasion for the same reason. They have police protection and there's CCTV anywhere, do you expect a stadium suicide bomber or something? What is it you would like individuals to do to make them uncomfortable? What would you be prepared to do?

SoS will end up as a decent fan body who will help supporters with real issues but nobody can tell me they have had any impact on the ownership issue, they have made zero impact there and thats very disappointing.

I agree they haven't made much of an impact - but not for the reasons you're saying, for once Catch is bang on the money with his calculator. If I give up my match ticket, there's a million dicks who'll replace me. Net effect? I don't get to see my side play and some whoopper (who'll probably spend hundreds in the club shop while there, so is in fact a result for G&H) replaces me. Fuck that, they're not stopping me watch my team.

Stop having bluster about the union. Stop crying about it - if you want to make a difference make one, don't cunt off the people who are giving it a go every single day.

So tell me TT, if SoS is useless, what are YOU going to organise to have more impact? You're the man with the plan, presumably. And if it's good, I'm sure I and other's will get behind it. So come on Guru Rash, lead us.

It's posts like this that you remind me of you as your old persona.

Way, way before SoS spoke to Rafa there had been a vote after the aftermath of the Havant game. It was voted by the members not to protest in the stadium any more. Nobody at the meeting objected. The fact Rafa said the same months later ir irrelevant, the protests stopped after the Havant game. But don't let the truth get in the way.

You are sniping and I'm telling you how it is and you're talkiing shit - they went to the matches in relative calm anyway. Gillet has changed his hotel during his stay on every visit he's made since that meeting - was that down to him being worried about what you would do or the fact he found out SoS were going there to front him? Hicks has changed his hotel on at least one occasion for the same reason. They have police protection and there's CCTV anywhere, do you expect a stadium suicide bomber or something? What is it you would like individuals to do to make them uncomfortable? What would you be prepared to do?

I agree they haven't made much of an impact - but not for the reasons you're saying, for once Catch is bang on the money with his calculator. If I give up my match ticket, there's a million dicks who'll replace me. Net effect? I don't get to see my side play and some whoopper (who'll probably spend hundreds in the club shop while there, so is in fact a result for G&H) replaces me. Fuck that, they're not stopping me watch my team.

Stop having bluster about the union. Stop crying about it - if you want to make a difference make one, don't cunt off the people who are giving it a go every single day.

Thanks for that and I agree I shouldn't moan from the sidelines. It's just disappointing how its turned out.

do one .....

what have you done then ?

no the question is what has anybody done ??

i mean ffs does anyone really think a few marches and banners are going to do anything? I mean lets be honest about it they are 5000 miles away and dont give a fuck about it!! Put yourselfs in there position you would be sitting there sayin fuck em im sitting in my multi million dollar house with my millions in the bank

yeah dont go to the games.... well if you dont go someone will always take your place

dont buy shirts etc.... again that wont hurt them it just hurts the club

i hurt just as much as the next fan about all this shit but look on the brighter side of it we are in the best position we have been in for a while 2 cracking results in the last week and rafa has signed a new contract

ok these 2 muppets own LFC so fucking what unless someone comes up with the money they want we are stuck with them and whats to say the next owners would be any better?

lets just support the team we love it does not mean we have to support the owners