You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Kenneth Funston's PhD thesis on the ethnic cleansing of Protestants from Fermanagh is an extremely thorough piece of research on an under-examined aspect of the Troubles.

https://pure.ulster.ac.uk/en/studentTheses/border-protestants-and-republican-violence

And going further back than that the ethnic cleansing of counties like Monaghan

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

On BBC I player now. The Secret Army. 

Brilliant documentary that. Darragh Mac did a great job with it. The footage of McGuinness making the car bomb was shocking, I'd never seen that before.

Interesting aspect of the CIA and Israelis potentially being sneaky fuckers as well. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that was all true. 

6 hours ago, Strontium said:

Kenneth Funston's PhD thesis on the ethnic cleansing of Protestants from Fermanagh is an extremely thorough piece of research on an under-examined aspect of the Troubles.

https://pure.ulster.ac.uk/en/studentTheses/border-protestants-and-republican-violence

I won't get a chance to read all 345 pages today but given that it's a "thorough piece of research", is there anything in there about those same Protestants in Fermanagh (and all other counties in the North) having access to public service jobs whilst their Catholics friends did not have the same access? 

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The leader of the DUP has deleted his online presence. On the same day a man the exact same age as him from the same area has been charged with sex offences. What a coincidence.

It’s always the ones you suspect the most.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The leader of the DUP has deleted his online presence. On the same day a man the exact same age as him from the same area has been charged with sex offences. What a coincidence.

Screenshot_2024-03-29-13-05-42-08_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I am actually surprised that they have mentioned the allegations. My impression was he wasn't named by the police as the victim or victims were related to him and thus naming him may have removed their anonymity.

Interestingly the guardian at the moment is saying he's resigned but not using the DUP quotes

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I am actually surprised that they have mentioned the allegations. My impression was he wasn't named by the police as the victim or victims were related to him and thus naming him may have removed their anonymity.

Interestingly the guardian at the moment is saying he's resigned but not using the DUP quotes

It's definitely victims, plural.

Interesting that it's another nonce that was knighted by the British Monarchy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carradona said:

It's definitely victims, plural.

Interesting that it's another nonce that was knighted by the British Monarchy. 

Pretty sure Tommy Two-Names will be rallying his fat-necked knuckle-draggers to protest against the DUP, because he's all about protecting the little kiddies. Obviously.

• Upvote 4