You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

lawro says rafa to walk tomorrow

Xherdan

Some idiot started a text rumour Rafa was sacked/walking.

Lawro passed it on - possibly.

SSN reported it as gospel.

Bookmakers shat themselves given the level of betting.

It turns out it's bollocks.

Basically people are panicking over it. Sky are reporting it now. All of the papers are sreporting he is staying put. Oh by the way your a twat.

Beautiful, love you guys. Basically, nothing new or more concrete than last night then.

(Edit: Cunt.)

Andy Gray seems to think this could be his last game. Make of that what you will.

There's always one that has to spoil things eh? Still, it's fucking Andy Gray, he's probably been too busy wanking off to know anything worthwhile.

Pikeys took Simon's dog.

Cheers Stu, helpful as always. Already seen the thread and that picture - just give him the dog back lad.

I was worried for your safety and had a RIP YNWA thread ready just in case.

Hah! I watched in a pub/bar (pub with aspirations) in Middleton - the natives are mainly tame although they were quite vehemently behind Everton in the FA Cup. Not a bad place though, draft San Miguel and the barman came round with free pizza in the middle of the second half.

In fairness to them, most of the mancs I know (including two season ticket holders) were made up when we won the CL in 2005, having accepted that they weren't going to do it - I know this will fly in the face of many people's experiences of them but my mates were pleased to see an English side lift the trophy, in particular because it was a North West club - they would rather have seen Milan win it than Chelsea.

Mancs: Not all cunts.

I've over-repped today, can someone do the honours?

Yes.

As it's the same Andy Gray who apparently uttered the immortal words "game over" when Crespo scored the 3rd in Istanbul, I'll reserve judgement on his opinion.

As will I.

I'll never forgive Crespo for that goal. If he hadn't scored that goal we would have all been drinking Efes in Istanbul city centre two hours earlier.

I blame Crespo for me not getting to bed until half seven in the morning on the 26th of May 2005.

Do I sound bitter? Well, it's only because I am.

As will I.

I'll never forgive Crespo for that goal. If he hadn't scored that goal we would have all been drinking Efes in Istanbul city centre two hours earlier.

I blame Crespo for me not getting to bed until half seven in the morning on the 26th of May 2005.

If you hadn't got to bed until 6pm in the afternoon you still wouldn't have admitted it was your round.

As it's the same Andy Gray who apparently uttered the immortal words "game over" when Crespo scored the 3rd in Istanbul, I'll reserve judgement on his opinion.

Certainly, Im just saying what he said prior to the game.

But then I think Rafa should be given what he wants anyway, then all this speculation could be put to bed. His desire for more 'control' at the academy seems to entail putting Frank McPartland in Piet Hamburgs place, which seems a good move all round. McPartland has Rafas trust, they will work well together and yet, McPartland is enough of his own man (he moved on to better himself) to stand up to Rafa where required and Rafa will accept that as they have the trust.

His desire to have the final say on who, within budget can come and go is, for me a no brainer, managers have to live or die by their results and have to shape their squad in their image. The Barry thing was just he final straw, I cant see how anyone can argue they trust Parry over Rafa on anything, even if I asked Parry what day of the week it was Id have to check with someone else.

As will I.

That Damn Crespo, so its his fault the 'miracle' occured, shame on him!

To be honest, if he still hasn't signed after the 5th draft I think it's fair to say that there's some major issues there that are unlikely to be resolved. He could see out his existing contract but if he can't work under the current set up he might be thinking of getting out in the summer.

"Game we-ell and trulah ovah - an' I hay' sayin' tha.'

I bet the cunning fox really didn't hate saying it at the time though.

This rumour was bollocks then.

Unless there was a last-minute change of heart and he really was going to go. Or the details were wrong and he would only have gone if we'd lost. Or if he's just waiting until he's back in England so he can grab a decent supply of stationery before he quits.

So really, it was bollocks.

And Lawro hasn't got the credibility amongst supporters to get such a wide-scale belief going in a rumour.

So why did it get such credibility?

Who added Kenny Dalglish into it? That's abuse of a legend, a line that shouldn't have been crossed.

It seems like somebody orchestrated this, and I can't see it being anyone who isn't a Red or involved with the club some other way.

I'd love to know who did it. And to hear - if they are a Red in some way - why.

Yep, just a load of old Zlatan.