You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Is wanting to drink less a sign of getting old? I'm loving not drinking lately feel dead sharp and happy. I'm 33 and have bettered the booze and beak all through my 20's but now I prefer being sober.

I went the same way at around mid thirties too. Might a symptom of feeling your mortality. You see guys in their late forties and early fifties keeling over from heart attacks, and you start to worry that you're getting closer to that age too.

As for me, I haven't had a gary or beak in about nine years, haven't had a joint in about seven years, haven't had a drink in five years, havent had a ciggie in three years.

Fucking hell I'm bored. Nahh I'm doing ok. I just eat too fucking much now. I'm doing better with that now though.

Buying shoes and realising that all the trendy ones won't be comfortable. Then realise you're looking at Sketchers cos they look kind to your feet.

Shopping for comfort rather than style.

Had to give up and go home empty handed again.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When your Mr Motivator is bigger than McDonalds arches.

Is Mr Motivator a euphemism for something Col?

If its Derek Evans you're talking about, I'm struggling to decipher your post.

Well, I'm glad someone asked because there was no obvious answer in Urban Dictionary.

So, Mr lifetime fan, how about putting your cryptic Bristolian posts through an English translator for the rest of us if you're looking for a response?

Had my first driving lesson today at 35.He informed me it takes people "my age" longer to learn as we can't remember as well. fucks sake I'm not an Alzheimer's patient.

Got a girl I work with learning and she is thick as mince surely that can't help with retaining information?

Had my first driving lesson today at 35.He informed me it takes people "my age" longer to learn as we can't remember as well. fucks sake I'm not an Alzheimer's patient.

Got a girl I work with learning and she is thick as mince surely that can't help with retaining information?

You had driving lessons last year too. Remember?

• Upvote 4