You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robert Keane to Liverpool Football Club

fivetimes

Crumlin Utd will know nothing about this until after it's done. If they have a pre-agreed percentage fee (which surprises me given how many professional clubs he has played for since Crumlin. At least one of them would have got rid of that agreement by now) then they will be paid it by Tottenham only after the deal has been completed. No one from Spurs or Liverpool will even think of talking to Crumlin until it is signed sealed and delivered.

Apart from what Gav has mentioned, what other terrible behaviour are people talking about. I thought Ramos considered him a model pro?

Crumlin united will know about any move before his present club does ,thats a fact,and its nothing to do with either LFC or TH,its more of a family affair

I don't know anything about Keane's behavior off field but quite frequently there does always seem to be rumours that he is unhappy and unsettled at spurs.

So what some of the more informed know about Keane and his agent would make sense about them leaking info to alert other clubs. Highlighting that he is willing to move and it would benefit us as Crouch is linked to the deal so it encourages other parties who are interested in Crouch to come in with improved offers.

Robbie Keane is a boyhood red and over the past 4 years has outscored virtually every other striker in the league playing in an ordinary team. He is reasonably quick, tenacious, skillful and above all a top footballer.

Who gives a fuck what he does in his private life or what he does for Ireland? Obviously it doesn't affect his club form?

We have had many "model pros" in the team in recent times who are either shit or what you would "non goal scoring strikers" - we now have a player who will make us better and still people moan.

German game

He ran up a 2k bartab in Lillies 2 nights before the French game,but there was also

Any time Ireland are playing at home ,Wrights in swords ,with their VIP section is the place to see it all ,whether its the real legends like Aldo ,or the blowins like O'shea or keane ,its where they all go .Theres some link between a ex player and the owners I think so they all go there

I laughed at your description of o'shea and keane as blowins compared to aldo, when from a certain point of view, aldo is english!

Not my point of view btw. Its just funny

I laughed at your description of o'shea and keane as blowins compared to aldo, when from a certain point of view, aldo is english!

Not my point of view btw. Its just funny

meant in the Legend sense as opposed to the nationality .Aldo is someone who has proven his worth and ability ,the other 2 were billybigbollockses without ever doing anything of note

meant in the Legend sense as opposed to the nationality .Aldo is someone who has proven his worth and ability ,the other 2 were billybigbollockses without ever doing anything of note

I know gav, I actually agree to a certain extent with you.

Right this might sound like bollocks but...

My mates cousin is married to Keane. And any time he's talked to her about him she's said he loves Spurs and that it was them he supported as a boy. Now the woman could be simply lying to me mate or it could be true. But I don't know many lads from Tallaght who support Spurs.

Just saying.

Right this might sound like bollocks but...

My mates cousin is married to Keane. And any time he's talked to her about him she's said he loves Spurs and that it was them he supported as a boy. Now the woman could be simply lying to me mate or it could be true. But I don't know many lads from Tallaght who support Spurs.

Just saying.

Straight from the horses mouth, 10 years ago. He got very bad advice too

WHY I SNUBBED LIVERPOOL, By ROBBIE KEANE | Sunday Mirror | Find Articles at BNET

"I was over at Anfield for a week and got to meet all the players I had worshipped on the telly, people like Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler.

"Everybody at the club was nice to me but I still didn't accept when they asked me to sign. Somehow I had this feeling that it would be better to build my career elsewhere.

"That's not to say that I wouldn't go back to Liverpool at some point in the future if I got the chance and I thought it was a good career move.

"But Anfield just wasn't for me at that particular time. I reckoned I could do better elsewhere and I think I've been proved right! If I'd taken Liverpool up on their offer I don't think I'd be as far forward as I am now."

I am sure while he was at Leeds it was reported he supported them as a boy

Not that is matters a jot, mind.

Must be wrong though, just found this

Football: Keane still keeping childhood dream alive | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET

The scouts finally came calling. Keane went to five clubs - Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, West Ham United (who never got back to him), Wolverhampton Wanderers and Liverpool. He was a Liverpool fan - "more a fanatic. I had posters all over the walls, bedsheets, everything". But he turned Anfield down. "They wanted to sign me. But my mam and dad said to me, `Don't just go to Liverpool because you support them, go somewhere where you feel more comfortable, more at home'. And that was Wolves. I went to Liverpool and saw my heroes Ian Rush and John Barnes and watched them train. It was a dream come true. It was a tough decision to make, but where was I going to get into the first-team quicker? And that was Wolves." The love of the game.

I remember in the friendly at Molineux about 10 years ago, when Sami had first arrived, keane was up against him. he went up for an aerial challenge aagainst Sami and Sami won the ball without his feet leaving the ground. Oh, how I laughed at the little man.

Is it just me, but every time I see a thread where Rashid says he'd "love this or that player to sign" or that "he's a class act", it fills me with dread and convinces me that this is NOT a player I'd want at Liverpool!? Call it the "Rashid test"? Nothing personal Rashid, but I just don't rate similar players to you!!

In fairness, if you hype up every single player ever, and ignore the ones you get wrong, then you're going to have a 100% record. Saying that you have impeccable opinions on players is akin to Derren Brown saying he had a surefire system to beat the bookies.