You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robert Keane to Liverpool Football Club

fivetimes

Most people (and me amongst them) are desperate for us to win the Premier League more then the Champions League so Rafa is trying to sign two players who have been a proven success in the Premier League in Barry and Keane.

Both players would improve and neither would need a settling in period of getting used to the pace of the Premier League.

I think a lot of the time its because these players are not called Barryesma or Keanez so are instantly classed as been shite when the pair of them are far from it.

Stewart Downing is another player who would improve us on the left but again Rafa would be in for a lot of abuse before fans had even seen the lad kick a ball for us.

The fees been quoted for both Barry and Keane are excessive but that is the going rate for quality in the Premier League and there is no guarantee that a player of similar price from abroad would be a success, for every Mascherano there is a Veron.

Hopefully we will sign both Keane and Barry as well as Dossena and i would say Rafa has added quality and options to the team.

Keane and Barry are in a different league to Downing imo.

Most people (and me amongst them) are desperate for us to win the Premier League more then the Champions League so Rafa is trying to sign two players who have been a proven success in the Premier League in Barry and Keane.

Both players would improve and neither would need a settling in period of getting used to the pace of the Premier League.

I think a lot of the time its because these players are not called Barryesma or Keanez so are instantly classed as been shite when the pair of them are far from it.

Stewart Downing is another player who would improve us on the left but again Rafa would be in for a lot of abuse before fans had even seen the lad kick a ball for us.

The fees been quoted for both Barry and Keane are excessive but that is the going rate for quality in the Premier League and there is no guarantee that a player of similar price from abroad would be a success, for every Mascherano there is a Veron.

Hopefully we will sign both Keane and Barry as well as Dossena and i would say Rafa has added quality and options to the team.

Stop talking sense. Nearly 10,000 posts, so you should know by now that this is forum silly season.

I last dipped into this thread at page two, and for obvious reasons, would rather put my hand in the gears of some heavy machinery than read the rest of it. Sum up the thread in no more than ten words. It'll be like a competition. The winner will get rep for themselves and maybe even some free stuff to give to others.

I last dipped into this thread at page two, and for obvious reasons, would rather put my hand in the gears of some heavy machinery than read the rest of it. Sum up the thread in no more than ten words. It'll be like a competition. The winner will get rep for themselves and maybe even some free stuff to give to others.

Keane is no Quaresma.

It's basically this:

I want Keane. I don't. And alota nonsense about alcohol.

10 words.

Edit : Now it works, sort of.

Edited by 23_Carra_Gold

He's good. He's not. He's Irish. He's not coming anyway.

Xabi D - He has scored more goals in the past 4 seasons than any other striker including Drogba. What are you basing your opinions on?

Yakubu's outscored everyone in the past 3 seasons apart from Henry should we sign him too?

Youre acting like Yakubus a bad player, he got 15 in 19 appearances for Everton last season. And I would have him here like.

Robbie Keane would be class for us.

im not saying Yakubu and Keane are bad players, they're decent would probably make good cover, but they are not the type/quality of players that will take us to the next level.

He was talented, but he was fat, lazy and inconsistent. The only time that Recoba ever performed at the top level was when Inter loaned him out to Venezia(?) where he stood out for being a big fish in a small pond who was good at taking free kicks. Other than that, he performed in odd games, but was never good enough to justify the hype and ridiculous salary that he was on.