You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I really, really hope it didn't cross the line. I really hope it was a blag goal. There's nothing sweeter than those 'non-goals' against cunts like Chelsea. I've had a few run-ins with Chelsea supporters over that goal. I always say that it wasn't a goal, but they got off lightly because Cech should have been sent off and it would have been a penalty.

Still miles better than Harry Kewell.

I think you or I would have been better than that waster-cunt. 

I remember wanting us to sign him for years, then we eventually got him - for peanuts. The stars had aligned in our favour for once, and nothing could go wrong. Fucking whoops.

I really, really hope it didn't cross the line. I really hope it was a blag goal. There's nothing sweeter than those 'non-goals' against cunts like Chelsea. I've had a few run-ins with Chelsea supporters over that goal. I always say that it wasn't a goal, but they got off lightly because Cech should have been sent off and it would have been a penalty.

Snap.  While sympathising that the debatable nature of Luis' goal created a force field around ours, preventing them having any fair proposition of scoring during the remaining 1,000 minutes.

Happy retirement to the little fella. From the ridiculous to the sublime at times with Garcia.

A pivotal role in getting us to Istanbul. My stand out memories, apart from the obvious screamers, are his headed goal in the derby after Morientes had a 30 odd yarder pushed on to the bar. Garcia was alive and nodded in the rebound.

Also, a midweek league game against Arsenal. We absolutely played them off the park but could not score. Jens Lehman was inspired, akin to a modern day Lev Yashin. Garcia scored the only goal of the game late on, after coming off the bench (I think).

That summed him up for me. Frustrating at times, but capable of scoring match winning goals.

p.s. The early pages of this thread are utter eye AIDS.

Also, a midweek league game against Arsenal. We absolutely played them off the park but could not score. Jens Lehman was inspired, akin to a modern day Lev Yashin. Garcia scored the only goal of the game late on, after coming off the bench (I think).

That one stands out to me too as a happy memory - it was Valentine's Day 2006.

Ex-girlfriend: What are we doing tonight?

Me: Going out.

Ex-girlfriend: Great, where did you book a table?

Me: No, I'm going out.  Liverpool are playing.

Ex-girlfriend: * Silently adopts the face of Medusa *

It's funny, reading this back I think I can see why we broke up shortly after.

Me: No, I'm going out. Liverpool are playing.

She wanted someone with a penis above 2 inches? Or am I reading the story wrong?

Of all the conversations that have never happened, this one never happened the most.

loved Garcia to bits, remember been amazed when we got him as I'd been very impressed with him in tandem with Ronaldinho and Saviola at Barca the season before, frustrating as fuck but he'd always save his best moments for the most important games, shame he left us having been injured for 6 months and he never really got his old form back after leaving

It was. It pissed down too. Mr Champ bought me a hat in the club shop. Only Valentines present he's ever bought me

loved Garcia to bits, remember been amazed when we got him as I'd been very impressed with him in tandem with Ronaldinho and Saviola at Barca the season before, frustrating as fuck but he'd always save his best moments for the most important games, shame he left us having been injured for 6 months and he never really got his old form back after leaving

The phrase could have been invented for him

Here lies Luis Garcia. Frustrating as Fuck

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1