You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun linked with Man City and Portsmouth

Woo

Or maybe hes happy because he is getting regular first team football and wants to stay here the rest of his career. Here are this seasons stats.

MOST APPEARANCES

Jamie Carragher 55

Pepe Reina 52

Steven Gerrard 51

Ryan Babel 49

Yossi Benayoun 48

TOP SCORERS

Fernando Torres 33

Steven Gerrard 21

Peter Crouch 11

Dirk Kuyt 11

Yossi Benayoun 11

Ryan Babel 10

These stats are deceiving, probably count all his subsitute apperances, he started nowhere near as many games as Pepe, Gerrard or Carragher.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These stats are deceiving, probably count all his subsitute apperances, he started nowhere near as many games as Pepe, Gerrard or Carragher.

Oh right so substitute appearances dont count as first team football then?

Oh right so substitute appearances dont count as first team football then?

Theres obviously a big difference between players like Gerrard, Carra who start every game and Benayoun who starts occasionally and comes on for the last 10 minutes of almost every other game.

Theres obviously a big difference between players like Gerrard, Carra who start every game and Benayoun who starts occasionally and comes on for the last 10 minutes of almost every other game.

1st teamers and squad members. Welcome to football!

I seriously doubt that as hes got 3 less appearances than Gerrard so every other game isnt accurate.

And mostly its when we are needing a goal and struggling to create that Yossi comes on, although granted sometimes he is brought on last 10 minutes to keep hold of the ball and run the clock down.

Think he's good for the squad, but he shouldn't have played as many games as he did last year. Think he's a good option for when we're coming up against a defense that's been particularly difficult to unlock, especially one that sits deep and lets us run at them when pace is less effective.

If we can line up a better, more consistent replacement, then I'd sell him, otherwise, there are others who should be gone well before him.

I like that when he gets the ball, he likes to hold on to it and tries to make something happen, especially around the edge of the box.

Yossi was a bargain last year.

For me he is a £10-12 M player.

He is creative, he glides past defenders with ease and has this inventivness and unpredictability that is sorely needed when we struggle to break down defences.

He is not used in his best position but does a decent job wherever he is told to play. If Gerrard gets injured I don`t doubt for a second that Yossi will do an absolutely superb job in his position.

I`m amazed by how many people here that always seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side.

Guest Woolfall
Yossi was a bargain last year.

For me he is a £10-12 M player.

He is creative, he glides past defenders with ease and has this inventivness and unpredictability that is sorely needed when we struggle to break down defences.

He is not used in his best position but does a decent job wherever he is told to play. If Gerrard gets injured I don`t doubt for a second that Yossi will do an absolutely superb job in his position.

I`m amazed by how many people here that always seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side.

i'm liking your style

how do yer give out those green and red things?

10 - 12 mil for yossi?

i'd lay off the crack if i was you

But Modric is worth £16m and Silva £20m!:wallbutt: But Yossi proven in the Premier league scores 11 goals in his 1st season with us, was brilliant against us in Cup Final 2006, Captain and Star of his countrys national team is'nt worth £10m, IMO silva or modric are not better players than Yossi!

But Modric is worth £16m and Silva £20m!:wallbutt: But Yossi proven in the Premier league scores 11 goals in his 1st season with us, was brilliant against us in Cup Final 2006, Captain and Star of his countrys national team is'nt worth £10m, IMO silva or modric are not better players than Yossi!

who said anything about modric and his relative worth?

and silva is not a better play than yossi? has someone put lsd in the water supply round here?

If we signed Silva, Villa and Barry the LFC bench next season would be quite strong next season

Deggen

Hypia

Aurellio

Lucas

pennant

Kuyt

Babel

Voronin

Nemeth

Would have real options from the bench and we could easily manage without Benayoun

No Milner?

*shakes head*

*touches toes*

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if kuyt and the benayouns are so good why dont we challenge for the tittle because

there not good enough. unless we buy 2 world class players we wont challenge for the

tittle. we need real class. not squad players if we get what we paid for benayoun TAKE IT!!!!!!

For the 4 or 5m we'd likely get for him it would be a bit pointless. Versatile , clever and puts little teams to the sword. As his 11 goals attest too and , he showed in the CL semi , he's capable of a bit of magic.

Sell him? Na , I'd prefer if we tried harder to get the best out of the lad. The goal against Wigan showed why he could be very useful in the run-in next season.

I like Yossi!

He wont be a regular starter but he is a great squad player. A player that creates goals, scores goals and are very much involved in our good attacking play. Why sell him when you have to pay about £7-9m to replace him with inferiour players.

Also. He is unique in our squad, there are loads of other squad players we should get rid of before Yossi in my opinion. We dont have to many creative players, with the ability to unlock defences with a little turn and a twist. Doing the unexpected. The fact that no ones seems to want Carson, Pennant, Voronin and several clubs is seeking out the posibility to sign Yossi says a lot.

I hope he stays!

I'd definitely sell Benayoun. Doesn't start that many games - yes he scored 11 goals last season but eight of those came against a terrible Besiktas side and Havant and Waterlooville.

He's not a bad player by any means, but he's not someone who makes a difference for us.