You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How many changes?

Stephen Adams.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pennant done enough when he came on to earn him a recall, and I can see him giving Xabi a game as well. I can't see Crouch coming in now with Kuyt scoring two in two. Rafa was saying yesterday that Kuyt was suffering from lack of confidence but the two goals he's scored recently will boost him.

From the Guardian, printed edition:

Its amazing how many retarded, mentally challenged people there are on this forum.

Bar being overcome with a rare dose of common sense and logic, Rafa will make four or five changes to the team that played on Tuesday and at least half of these will make no sense whatsoever. You obviously feel that he should not be criticised for this. I think he should.

I predict it will be a boring non eventful game and another totally unconvincing performance. Most likely a draw but we might just scrape the win.

However if he plays the same team as Tues bar Carra (enforced) and Kyut (donkey) we'll win easily and crouchino will cause mayhem.

Tony Barrett:

The Reds will be without Jamie Carragher who is suspended having picked up his fifth booking of the season against Barnsley last week.

Martin Skrtel has returned to training after picking up a calf strain ten days ago but might have to settle for a place on the bench because of his lack of match fitness.

Benitez would then turn to Alvaro Arbeloa to partner Sami Hyypia at the heart of the Reds defence.

Xabi Alonso will again have to settle for a place on the bench at best with the Reds boss happy with the way Lucas is performing in central midfield.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Finnan, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Mascherano, Gerrard, Babel, Lucas, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Martin, Skrtel, Crouch, Riise, Benayoun.

I'm glad about that, though I wish Skrtel was fit to start. I have a feeling if Rafa's still here in the summer that we will be looking for players to fit the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Finnan, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Mascherano, Gerrard, Babel, Lucas, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Martin, Skrtel, Crouch, Riise, Benayoun.

Good team apart from Kyut. No matter what he contributes to the match, Crouch would contribute so much more and gives us more options.